Hetalia ~Axis Power~ Gathering 2011

Started by KyraEnsui, May 26, 2009, 09:17:56 AM

Alyxiane

Shall the gathering be on Friday as a request? >w>;;
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Shokora

Well, currently the consensus is that we'll be meeting on Sunday, same place as last year, at 10:30am.  I believe this was the time that had the least amount of conflicts for everyone.  I do know that there's a mini-Hetalia shoot going on Friday evening, at 4pm I believe.  I think it's only listed on Facebook, though.  If you want to check that out, here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=184695458208404

Poof-Aro

Ah... not gonna be going as Italy this year... maybe next year.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page

marisuga

I'll be there as Tomoto Box Fairy Italy haha.

Sunday should be good.... as long as it doesn't happen at the same time as Kuroshitsuji >< which is also on sunday grah

KyraEnsui

I apologize for neglecting this thread. Please decide on the date and time and I will definitely update the first post with up to date. I've been busy and out of it for so long. Thank you.

Angelx624

Oh, and just fyi, I'll probly be Austrian Succession France. ;D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Shokora

Quote from: KyraEnsui on January 10, 2011, 02:22:48 AM
I apologize for neglecting this thread. Please decide on the date and time and I will definitely update the first post with up to date. I've been busy and out of it for so long. Thank you.

*hugs* Glad to see you back, KyraEnsui!  Here's the list from cosplay.com.  I think I only have about three of us listed who are on both this thread AND cosplay.com, so there are quite a few people who aren't on it, yet.  I'll go back through this thread and update this list sometime next week (just got back from ALA).  The listed time is not official, it's just what people are saying so far that works for them.

Place: The Hilton side of the Con Entrance
Day: Sunday
Time: 10:30am ?

NOTE: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Special thanks to fellow cosplayer Rukazu from the ALA thread for this reaaaaally looooong list of Hetalia cosplays!

Axis Powers:
North Italy - Axelai's friend, Shyloh, Souseiseki, Tattooed Fujoshi's friend
Germany - Shokora (WWI)
Japan - Axelai's friend, yuixmisora

Allied Forces:
USA - Axelai, fwuffyxbunny's friend (fem!)
England-
France - Angelx624, Dillion, Angelx624 (Aust. Succ.)
China - ElvenArcher, fwuffyxbunny (fem!)
Russia -

Europe:
Austria - tsukie (Hapsburg)
Belarus - JewishCosplayer
Belgium- XxMysticRosexX, Tristian
Bulgaria-
Greece -
Hungary - In Cadmium, myalchod (Chibitalia-era ver)
Liechtenstein-
Luxembourg-
Monaco-
Netherlands- acostory
Poland-
South Italy - XMilesxFeebieX, LastExile
Spain -
Switzerland- Axelai's friend
Ukraine- Megan

Nordic:
Denmark - Rcsi1
Finland - Eerie Butterfly
Iceland - Deadlywings
Norway -
Sweden - Eerie Butterfly's friend

Baltic:
Lithuania - Raemien
Latvia -
Estonia-

Asia:
Hong Kong-
Taiwan-
South Korea-
Vietnam-
Philippines - Eerie Butterfly's friend
Thailand-

Americas:
Canada - nicorru, Dylan
Cuba- Spica_PI_16
Mexico -

Others:
Australia- TheDomoDino
Chibitalia-
Egypt-
Germania-
Holy Roman Empire-
Prussia - Tattoed Fujoshi
Roman Empire-
Sealand- XxGDragonnX
Seychelles -
Turkey-
Joan of Arc- Sunnystars
Catherine The Great- Chaye

Shokora

Quote from: souseiseki on January 09, 2011, 11:03:30 PM

Sunday should be good.... as long as it doesn't happen at the same time as Kuroshitsuji >< which is also on sunday grah

I believe that as a "Large" gathering, Hetalia is going to be one of the groups that gets first dibs on a time/date.  So unless Kuro is one of these "Large" gatherings, then there shouldn't be a problem....although it will then be up to the Kuro cosplayers to not schedule their shoot at the same time.  I would LOVE to see you as the Tomato box fairy Italy!!!!  I'm doing WWI Germany, and I have a Herr Stick! ;D

Sugarlapis

i be going as fem!china and my friend as fem!america. its our first con EVER so i hope the gathering would be fun  :D

marisuga

Quote from: Shokora on January 11, 2011, 05:57:26 PM

I believe that as a "Large" gathering, Hetalia is going to be one of the groups that gets first dibs on a time/date.  So unless Kuro is one of these "Large" gatherings, then there shouldn't be a problem....although it will then be up to the Kuro cosplayers to not schedule their shoot at the same time.  I would LOVE to see you as the Tomato box fairy Italy!!!!  I'm doing WWI Germany, and I have a Herr Stick! ;D

Yay! Yeah, I've talked to the Kuro gathering people and I'm pretty sure there should be at least an hour in between them~ (yayness!)

I won't be wearing the outfit italy wears in that episode though D: but I will have a box. Yes indeed >:D

JewishCosplayer

I'm going as Belarus. I'll be with my friends (Canada, Belgium, Ukraine, and France) <3

Shokora

Quote from: souseiseki on January 15, 2011, 01:18:44 PM
Quote from: Shokora on January 11, 2011, 05:57:26 PM

Yay! Yeah, I've talked to the Kuro gathering people and I'm pretty sure there should be at least an hour in between them~ (yayness!)

I won't be wearing the outfit italy wears in that episode though D: but I will have a box. Yes indeed >:D

Lol, sounds good!  We can still play ;-)

kagome437

If this is on any day prior to sunday you will also have me and my friend we are doing nyotalia denmark and germany ^^

Shokora

Gang,

I've updated my list, although it will take me awhile to go sifting back through this thread to try to find everyone.  Please be patient, and I will also continue to add any newcomers.  Since I also have been adding cosplay.com cosplayers to this list, if you've been placed on this list twice by accident, let me know!  Because even though my name is the same here as it is on cos.com (Shokora), not everyone else has the same name.

Shokora

Quote from: kagome437 on January 19, 2011, 05:31:01 PM
If this is on any day prior to sunday you will also have me and my friend we are doing nyotalia denmark and germany ^^

Kagome437:  well, at the moment, the consensus is to have this main gathering on Sunday at 10:30am.  However, I know there is another gathering meeting on Friday (I posted the link to them up above).  I'd love to have you both at the main shoot, but I totally understand!  My friends and I dub Fanime as "Too-much-to-wear-Con"....we have so many photoshoots and cosplay changes to do each day, that we run a tight schedule. :D

DerangedGenius

BSaphire

Hey there Hetalia cospeeps! Just a couple of FYI things before you send in your Submission pm.
Bleach is currently looking at 11 pm on Sunday for FiF CE HS They are a long standing 60+ gathering and will have first choice.
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Charis

Quote from: BSaphire on January 20, 2011, 09:18:57 AM
Hey there Hetalia cospeeps! Just a couple of FYI things before you send in your Submission pm.
Bleach is currently looking at 11 pm on Sunday for FiF CE HS They are a long standing 60+ gathering and will have first choice.

I think the hope was that with Bleach moving to 11:30 am, there would be no time conflict between that and a 10:30 am Hetalia gathering, since the one would probably be winding down (at least as an official gathering) about the time the second kicked off.  Please let us know if that's not the case, B! <3

(And hello, Fanime thread, I thought I might as well show up over here too~  Hungary reporting in!  *clings to Shokora*)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

BSaphire

Quote from: Charis on January 20, 2011, 09:27:23 AM

I think the hope was that with Bleach moving to 11:30 am, there would be no time conflict between that and a 10:30 am Hetalia gathering, since the one would probably be winding down (at least as an official gathering) about the time the second kicked off.  Please let us know if that's not the case, B! <3

(And hello, Fanime thread, I thought I might as well show up over here too~  Hungary reporting in!  *clings to Shokora*)
I'm just waiting for Yukari to pm me and then things can roll. They don't seem quite set yet, but I figured I would at least post them and then move them accordingly.

All I do know for sure is that I am guaranteed to get at least one person pm'ing/posting/emailing me saying how they can't make it to a gathering because it conflicts with another. Already had that last year when we had 75 gatherings *LOL

I also wanted to post that I received a pm from a Hetalia cosplayer with some great guidelines on Flag Etiquette. Rovers and I had a brief discussion about it at Fanime last year and were going to put something together. At this point I am trying to take what was submitted to me and simplify it to make it more universal.

What I don't want it to make the Hetalia cosplayers feel that they are being singled out because they aren't & there are other types of cosplay using flags that some of the etiquette should also be used for.

I REALLY do want suggestions from all of you since you do have many who use real flags.

Please PM me with any guidelines you think would be good for cosplayers to do or not do with their real flags. The three basic areas of etiquette to be covered are: Transporting, Display, and Usage. If I'm missing something or you have a guideline suggestion please pm me with it. I would like to get the write up done really soon and send it off to Rovers for them to mull over. From there it will go to content so that we can get something in the program and I will also have it somewhere at the Gatherings Table too.

So much to do.... so little time...
Luv
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Shokora

Quote from: BSaphire on January 20, 2011, 09:59:50 AM
Quote from: Charis on January 20, 2011, 09:27:23 AM

I'm just waiting for Yukari to pm me and then things can roll. They don't seem quite set yet, but I figured I would at least post them and then move them accordingly.

All I do know for sure is that I am guaranteed to get at least one person pm'ing/posting/emailing me saying how they can't make it to a gathering because it conflicts with another. Already had that last year when we had 75 gatherings *LOL

I also wanted to post that I received a pm from a Hetalia cosplayer with some great guidelines on Flag Etiquette. Rovers and I had a brief discussion about it at Fanime last year and were going to put something together. At this point I am trying to take what was submitted to me and simplify it to make it more universal.

What I don't want it to make the Hetalia cosplayers feel that they are being singled out because they aren't & there are other types of cosplay using flags that some of the etiquette should also be used for.

I REALLY do want suggestions from all of you since you do have many who use real flags.

Please PM me with any guidelines you think would be good for cosplayers to do or not do with their real flags. The three basic areas of etiquette to be covered are: Transporting, Display, and Usage. If I'm missing something or you have a guideline suggestion please pm me with it. I would like to get the write up done really soon and send it off to Rovers for them to mull over. From there it will go to content so that we can get something in the program and I will also have it somewhere at the Gatherings Table too.

So much to do.... so little time...
Luv
B

B,

LOL, I sent you my flag guidelines already ;)  I did think of one more thing I'd like to add, so I'll send that to you.  And while I know that Hetalia isn't the only series that makes use of flags, we have such a huge fanbase that all eyes are on us.  This is a good opprtunity for us to set an example for others and try to improve our image in the cosplay community.  As for Bleach, yes, Charis and I know Yukari and have spoken with her.  We're trying to work things out so Hetalia and Bleach don't conflict. ;D