Hetalia ~Axis Power~ Gathering 2011

Started by KyraEnsui, May 26, 2009, 09:17:56 AM

demetria656

Quote from: Anicofe on March 29, 2011, 09:48:49 PM
Quote from: bisouspapillon on December 24, 2009, 11:45:38 AM
Also, my friends and I wanted to organize a game of Hetalia Cosplay Assassin that would begin about an hour before the gathering.

For anyone who doesn't know, Assassin is a game in which everyone draws names and is given the name of someone else, their target. They assassinate their target in some designated way (it can be hitting them with a sock, ripping tape or some kind of marker off of them, making a shape on their back with a finger, touching their back and saying a password, etc.). When they assassinate their target, the target loses, and /their/ target becomes the assassin's. It keeps going until there is one assassin left or the time limit runs out. I personally though this game would be really lulzy Hetalia-style.

We'd all meet up at the same spot as the gathering maybe an hour and ten minutes before the gathering, and we'd draw names. We'd use bandanas, because we need some kind of marker to show that we're actually playing since it's a big con and there will potentially be a lot of people playing, but we need something that wouldn't potentially ruin our cosplays. You could go anywhere you want as long as it's not a panel, event, or video room. Basically you can only go anywhere where it wouldn't be obnoxious if someone came up behind you and pulled a bandana out of the neckline of your jacket. It's based on a trust system, I know, but it would continue at the gathering, at which point it would probably speed up a whole lot. There'd need to be a "No attacking people when their picture's being taken," rule.

And if you were involved in the game but don't show up at the gathering, you're out of the game because that's where we'll figure out who won and who lost, etc., and if you're still in the game but fail to show, that's technically cheating because you need to be somewhere that your assassin is capable of getting you. If you want to drop out, please just come back before the gathering and hand in your target. We'll pass it on to whoever got you, and the world will be our oyster.

No prizes or anything, just entirely for the lulz. If you see this and want to play, please bring a bandana or scarf or something for yourself.

I actually had a similar idea like this!

Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

Shokora

Okay Gang, I'm in the process of updating the list.  I will post the updated list when it is finished, if you all could glance at it and make sure I got you and your friends included!  As for bringing flags, they are most welcome!  Please keep in mind that I WILL be enforcing flag etiquette (strict Germany is strict)!  If you want to be included in a picture but you don't want your flag in the shot, please feel free to hand it off to a fellow cosplayer who is not involved with the photo at that moment  ;D  As for a game of Assassin, that's fine, too, but I will be starting this gathering ON TIME.  NO EXCEPTIONS.  We are literally locked in to our one-hour time slot, from 10:30-11:30.  The Bleach gathering (which is also quite large) will need our EXACT SAME location starting at 11:30.  What this means:  we will barely have time to get all of the canon shots done.  However...rather than trying to rush through the photoshoot, I will have someone on the photoshoot committee (will be e-mailing you guys soon) let me know when we have 10 minutes left.  We will then pick up our stuff and MOVE to a different location that is not occupied by a photoshoot, like the Aztec snake sculpture (the giant poo) where we can finish our photoshoot.  This is when those of you who want to sing "We Are The World" are most welcome to do so!

Anicofe:  Conquistador Spain would be awesome, as I've never seen anyone do that version  ;D

demetria656

Hey you guys! I need your help!
I just signed up to be in the masquerade but I have no Sealand! And I really need one! If anyone is interested please pm me or comment.
Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

Anicofe

Quote from: Shokora on April 02, 2011, 03:40:29 AM
Anicofe:  Conquistador Spain would be awesome, as I've never seen anyone do that version  ;D

Ack, maybe I've got the titles mixed up but it's the War of the Austrian Succession costume. I just call it conquistador because it's shorter to say, fff-. ^ ^;;;

Brakinja

You should do it on any day but friday I think, because that's when people are just showing up to the convention and not everyone's dressed up yet. I think Saturday would be an awesome day for it, because that tends to be the busiest day. I'm hoping to join, because I'm working on my own Puerto Rico cosplay :D

Shokora

Quote from: Anicofe on April 03, 2011, 11:19:24 AM
Quote from: Shokora on April 02, 2011, 03:40:29 AM

Ack, maybe I've got the titles mixed up but it's the War of the Austrian Succession costume. I just call it conquistador because it's shorter to say, fff-. ^ ^;;;

Lol, no worries!!!!  I've got you down as Aust. Succ. Spain then, for the moment!

Deizera, the time/date/place for this shoot has been finalized.  We are meeting Sunday morning at 10:30am. (see the first post in this thread).

Shokora

Okay gang, here is the updated list!!!!  Please let me know if I somehow missed you or if you're on here twice.  Some of you told me that you will be going as either X country or Y country....so I picked one.  If your cosplay plans change, let me know!

Axis Powers:
North Italy - Axelai (Happy Materials), Axelai's friend, Shyloh, Marisuga, Tattooed Fujoshi's friend, DarkLotusRen, Ana, whitexotaku (Mafia!)
Germany - Shokora (WWI), DarkLotusRen's GF, Ritsu H Saotome, NechamaMoonStone
Japan - Axelai's friend, yuixmisora, acostory (yukata)

Allied Forces:
USA - fwuffyxbunny's friend (fem!), Kites-Kun, Atikal, whitexotaku (Mafia!), Miyuran's friend (Rev. War), TheonenamedA (Chess Fanart)
England- J-chan, Miyuran (Rev. War)
France - Dillion, Angelx624 (Aust. Succ.), Hyuu_Fai (Children's Day), TheMusician's friend, Hakoshi, Chaye (Children's Day), stitchez, fwuffyxbunny's friend (fem!), MokubaKaiba (FIFA)
China - ElvenArcher, Somebody, chococookies, Shinigamiyoko (Military Uniform), cheesecakecat's friend
Russia - ice queen, UgIy, avatarkayla (Halloween)

Europe:
Austria - tsukie (Hapsburg), DerangedGenius, Obliviousedward, Rukazu3
Belarus - JewishCosplayer, Saturnchan
Belgium- XxMysticRosexX, NeoVerona
Bulgaria-
Greece - Chaye's friend
Hungary - In Cadmium, myalchod (Chibitalia-era), Saturnchan's friend, TheMusician's friend, Jheda, airanimechiic, Tenchi127
Liechtenstein-DeadlyWings (Swiss Military Uniform), unifrog (calendar outfit), Somebody's friend
Luxembourg-
Monaco-
Netherlands-
Poland-mdarkpoet (WW2)
South Italy - XMilesxFeebieX, LastExile, shellysunfish (Chibi), Miyuran's friend, Shellysunfish (Chibi)
Spain - CosplayerJJ (Milt. Uniform), TheMusician's friend, Anicofe (Aust. Succ), xianpu, Lucky (Police)
Switzerland- Axelai's friend, Yuu
Ukraine- Megan

Nordic:
Denmark - Rcsi1
Finland - Eerie Butterfly, Waffle-lover26's friend, Hibari-san's friend, Kagaminerin02
Iceland - Waffle-lover26, Hibari-San's friend
Norway - Hibari-San's friend, cheesecakecat
Sweden - Eerie Butterfly's friend, Kagaminerin02's two friends

Baltic:
Lithuania - Raemien, livi-chan
Latvia -
Estonia-

Asia:
Hong Kong-
Taiwan- AR710, fwuffyxbunny
South Korea- Hibari-san's friend
Vietnam-
Philippines - Eerie Butterfly's friend, HeeroYuy135, Ryusan
Thailand-

Americas:
Canada - nicorru, Dylan, The Musician's friend, Hitomi-Chan99 (child), TrinityMonkey
Cuba- Spica_PI_16
Mexico -

Others:
Australia- TheDomoDino
Chibitalia-
Egypt- Demetria656, DarkLotusRen's Friend
Germania-
Holy Roman Empire- Migi
Ireland- Kagome437's friend
Prussia - Tattoed Fujoshi, TheMusician (Aust. Succ.), SabienStrange, TheDevotedOne, JamesR
Roman Empire-
Wy- maomaotan
Scotland- Kagome437's friend
Sealand- XxGDragonnX, Hibari-san, Miyuran's friend
Seychelles - MelonSmasher (uniform), xneverconformx (17th Cent. gown)
Turkey-
Joan of Arc- Sunnystars

Shokora

Quote from: SabienStrange on March 27, 2011, 12:36:22 AM
if the previous evening's shenanigans haven't wiped me out,
i'd like to try and make this gathering, but first i have a rather silly question;
let's say that i'd like to attend as prussia, and my cosplay has crossover influences from another series just for gits and shiggles.
would it still be alright for me to attend and participate like that?
or should i keep my gits and shiggles to myself and stay out of "canon" photos.

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner, but I was waiting to see if anyone had any objections.  As long as we can tell you're supposed to be Prussia (even with some crossover silliness), I'm okay with you participating ;-)

BSaphire

I have updated your first post with your list :)
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Shokora

Quote from: BSaphire on April 05, 2011, 09:14:31 AM
I have updated your first post with your list :)

Thanks B!!!!  You are awesomeness incarnate!!!!!

stitchez

If things work out, and I hope they do, I'll be there as France~

NeoVerona

Ello~ I'd like to say that I am the Tristian that will be cosplaying Belgium. Now that I have made an account, that can be changed :3

Hakoshi

Shokora

jazzyjailer

I'll be bringing Japan and Denmark to the con, not sure if I'll make it to the shoot, but just so you know!
"The thing about being in a rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat."

NechamaMoonStone

"Say nothing of my religion. It is known to God and myself alone. Its evidence before the world is to be sought in my life: if it has been honest and dutiful to society the religion which has regulated it cannot be a bad one." -Thomas Jefferson

shy-cosplayer

Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to have my Joan of Arc cosplay ready in time for fanime, so I'll be going as England :3

Chaye

Quote from: shy-cosplayer on April 18, 2011, 07:12:28 PM
Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to have my Joan of Arc cosplay ready in time for fanime, so I'll be going as England :3

Aww now both of the Historical figures are out of the picture since I can't do my Catherine the Great :[

AX Staff
Exhibit Hall: Asst Manager
o(≧∀≦)o

tsukichu☆

Yay! ;v;/ There are more Englands now~ -has more people to annoy- ;v;<33
Fanime 2014 - Fey Rune (Inazuma GO Chrono Stone), Kazemaru Ichirouta (Inazuma Eleven)

MAYBE: Kagerou Project, Danball Senki Wars, Dangan Ronpa

Taakutsu @ deviantART, sarufei @ Tumblr

ice queen

Quote from: Chaye on April 18, 2011, 07:50:02 PM
Quote from: shy-cosplayer on April 18, 2011, 07:12:28 PM

Aww now both of the Historical figures are out of the picture since I can't do my Catherine the Great :[

oh suck....don't leave me alone!
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete