Fanime FMV/AMV 2K9 Winners

Started by The Dude, May 26, 2009, 09:31:53 AM

The Dude

All Righty this is a short list as I havent had time to track down the links yet....

Judges Choice:

Action -
1st - Maria Preciado - Haunting Hour
2nd - Erin Nguyen - Switchback
3rd - Komyar Moghadam - The Girl Is So HONEY!

Comedy -
1st - Jared James Griego - Goldenpants: Based on a True story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KADmz0X3iyA
2nd (TIE) - Benjamin and Bryce Chu - r0b07$
2nd (TIE) Brad DeMoss - Perfect Day

Drama -
1st - Victoria Galietta - Life of a Dog (Pt.2)
2nd - Melissa Paradis - You Are Loved
3rd - Erin Nguyen - Dying Will

Experimental -
1st - Victoria Galietta - Lord of The Anime
2nd - Lauren Winsor Stenmoe/ Momo - Time to Dance

BEST IN SHOW
Benjamin and Bryce Chu - R0b07$

Audience Winners:

Action -
1st - Erin Nguyen - Switchback
2nd - Josh Lord - I My Me Mine
3rd - Nic Neidenbach - You Know My Name

Comedy -
1st - Benjamin and Bryce Chu - R0b07$
2nd - Jared James Griego - Goldenpants: Based on a True Story

Drama -
1st - Victoria Galietta - Life of a Dog (Pt.2)
2nd - Onikokoro Musashi - Third Hokage's Final Words to The Village
3rd - Melissa Paradis - You are Loved

Experimental
1st - Victoria Galietta - Lord of The Anime
2nd (TIE) - Lauren Winsor Stenmoe / Momo - Time to Dance
2nd (TIE) - Dean Seirafi/Ryvannis - Valhalla

BEST IN SHOW
Victoria Galietta - Lord of the Anime.

Great job everyone! This year was fantastic!

-Sean
Stage Zero, Manager & Director
Fanime Music Vid Director
Any Questions or Comments send to [email protected]

Eri Kagami

Goldenpants YT link:

Apologies if I couldn't stick around to pick up the audience certificate. As Jared's proxy, I had to be out of there by a certain time.

Congrats to all the winners!

milkmandan

i will provide and post my link in the next few days.

Marin Jei El

Thanks again to all who entered.

I cannot say it enough: this years contest was VERY close. Both the Judge's and Audience awards were decided by only a few points. I hope next years batch is as good as this one. Please feel free to let us know what you thought.

-Marin
Fanime Music Video Contest Dept. Head
Any Questions or Comments send to:
[email protected]

mDuo13

This year was so-so for AMVs. The contest was run pretty nicely (though having some pencils or something provided for voting would've been convenient), with only one video even arguably a candidate for a different category. (That would be the Kodocha video, which I think would have, unintuitively enough, fared better in the Drama category than in Comedy where it was placed.) The action videos were strong all around, the experimental videos were very experimental, and comedy had a pretty good variety (rather than being all Azumanga or something like in some past years). Drama of course stood out as the stale category this year, with way too many "various" videos using Makoto Shinkai series mixed with other series seemingly chosen at random. How many videos used the scene with the train from Byosoku 5cm? Too many. Comedy wasn't gut-bustingly funny this year, but it did OK for what it was.

I am somewhat surprised that Goldenpants did not use the scene from Goldenboy where he actually does "jizz in his pants" (from the swimming episode) though.

Oh, and the bumpers for the videos really should make it clearer what's the song title, artist title, video creator, video title, etc. The five bits of info seemed to be placed in a different order on every video.

The Dude

When it comes to placement of videos for this year, we didn't have enough time to contact the editors so what ever category they chose we left their video in there. And the Title bumpers kept the order of "Editor, Title, Artist, Song, Anime" it did this on every single video, But I agree and next year I will have the Bumpers listed off with Editor: Editor Name / Title: Title Name ..... And so on. I dont normally do this as it takes up way to much space and I would rather have the Info up there uncluttered. 

So in general you felt that the selection was lacking, that's ok. Right now the AMV community is kinda split into two groups REALLY GREAT AMV's and so-so AMV's. I don't think i can do anything about this, its up to the editors to step up *which many have* and make AMV's that every time we hear the song we play the AMV back in our head.

Thank you for your feedback.

-Sean
Stage Zero, Manager & Director
Fanime Music Vid Director
Any Questions or Comments send to [email protected]

Belldandy

I agree with the writing implement problem. Hopefully next year there'll be pencils again.

milkmandan

riyanjason

So 'Lord of the Anime' won in both Drama and Experimental category despite being in the Experimental category? Odd, but whatever. The ballot system needs work, as the play list was Action, Drama, Experimental, Comedy, but the ballot was Action, Drama, Comedy, Experimental. Which I am sure caused some errors in voting.

Instead of numbering the entries 1-10 in each category, why not put: A1-A10 for Action, D1-D10 for drama, etc... Then people can put just the numbers down quickly.

Marin Jei El

Thanks. We'll take that into consideration.
Also, "Lord of Anime" did not win in Experimental and Drama. The editor had submitted two different videos that won in two different categories.
Fanime Music Video Contest Dept. Head
Any Questions or Comments send to:
[email protected]