Swapmeet 2010

Started by Jiraya, May 26, 2009, 11:24:09 AM

Jiraya

note - Liquid. I haggle pretty much everywhere I go unless I think the price is right. While you are right places like Barnes and Noble usually do not discount things, there have been times, like when I got my Darth Maul light sabers, they were told to get rid of them and one had box damage, we made a deal. My rule of thumb is a. it never hurts to ask, and nothing ventured nothing gained at a good price.

UminoJenia

Just something to consider for next year or so...  I'd like to suggest having an "Adult Swapmeet" during  "Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri" nights.

Proof of age would already be checked before allowing guests into the adult anime rooms, and the sellers could then display their adult wares without having to worry about checking IDs of under-age buyers.

In the general Swapmeet areas, it's very crowded with folks are trying to score great deals; and the poor sellers are trying to keep an eye on their general wares ontop of making sure their Adult stash is not being viewed or purchased by the under 18 fans.

I'm sure a lot of Swapmeet sellers would love to unload their Hentai collection, and not have to worry about losing their stuff to Security, getting kicked out of Fanime, or being arrested for selling adult material to minors.

Again, it's just a suggestion to consider for next year's Fanime and beyond.  Thanks!!

Jelly Soup

Quote from: UminoJenia on May 13, 2010, 08:38:36 AM
Just something to consider for next year or so...  I'd like to suggest having an "Adult Swapmeet" during  "Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri" nights.

Proof of age would already be checked before allowing guests into the adult anime rooms, and the sellers could then display their adult wares without having to worry about checking IDs of under-age buyers.

In the general Swapmeet areas, it's very crowded with folks are trying to score great deals; and the poor sellers are trying to keep an eye on their general wares ontop of making sure their Adult stash is not being viewed or purchased by the under 18 fans.

I'm sure a lot of Swapmeet sellers would love to unload their Hentai collection, and not have to worry about losing their stuff to Security, getting kicked out of Fanime, or being arrested for selling adult material to minors.

Again, it's just a suggestion to consider for next year's Fanime and beyond.  Thanks!!

In theory, that would be great. However, look at just how much yaoi/hentai is sold during a normal Swap Meet. Relatively little compared to everything else. I can't imagine an all yaoi/hentai Swap Meet having more than a few people with little to sell. That, or it would become another outlet for dealers to pretend they are con goers.

Jerry

i thought there was already a rule(s) about selling 18+ material at the swap meet?

otherwise why not ask/e-mail the Swap meet staff?

i figure thats a good place to start.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Jerry on May 13, 2010, 09:53:06 AM
i thought there was already a rule(s) about selling 18+ material at the swap meet?

otherwise why not ask/e-mail the Swap meet staff?

i figure thats a good place to start.

Yeah, as long as your adult material is in a (non transparent) container with a lid and you check ID's before letting potential buyers browse through your stuff, you're ok. Also I don't think the staff would go straight to "kicking you out of fanime" if you were busy with a transaction and some nosy kid started poking around in your adult stuff. The problem would arise mainly if you sold them something inappropriate without verifying proper ID. Then you're busted.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015