Blank CDs?

Started by Jelly Soup, May 26, 2009, 12:51:42 PM

Jelly Soup

One of the dealers (the one will all the emo/raver stuff. They had goggles, I think) on Monday was giving away free music CDs that were apparently ambient something or other. I can't seem to get my PC or CD player to read the disk. Are these suckers blank or am I the only one having this problem?

Jelly Soup

Steve.Young

Well, an easy way to check if there is any data written on the bank is to look at the CD on the back and see the gradient.

Another way to check is to insert it onto your computer, and click on the properties...see if there is any free space or how much space is used...

Honestly, since it was a free music CD, I would just chalk it up to cheap quality.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Lucifargundam

I dont think that stand was listed amongst the others on the site... I was hoping to find the site :( i need new goggle lenses.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Jelly Soup

QuoteWell, an easy way to check if there is any data written on the bank is to look at the CD on the back and see the gradient.

I don't see anything on the disk, but, then again, it's a double sided laser disk.

QuoteAnother way to check is to insert it onto your computer, and click on the properties...see if there is any free space or how much space is used...

My PC can't read the CD. In fact, it won't even acknowledge that there IS a disk in the drive. I just got a new laptop, however, let's see what it has to say.

QuoteHonestly, since it was a free music CD, I would just chalk it up to cheap quality.

That's probably it.  :P

EDIT: Success! Running it through my laptop did the trick. It's by some guy called Nuerock or whatever. Seems to have 21 tracks.

Kuromi_Kat

goggles? was there like furry stuffs there too?

that would be PawStar... Nuerock I believe is the guy that works there lol.

Jelly Soup

Don't remember if they had furry stuffs or not, but Nuerock was the name of the artist as listed in the tracks.

Kyra_Maverick

I remember the stand, but I didn't take his CD. It was definitely Paw Star.