THE ANIME NETWORK!!

Started by swordofthebezerk, December 08, 2003, 05:52:44 PM

Do you like the fact that there is an anime channel?

YES!!!
14 (58.3%)
NO!!!
1 (4.2%)
Anime channel... what are you talking about.
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: December 08, 2003, 05:52:44 PM

swordofthebezerk

heya kiddies it seems that ADV is getting some progress when it comes to the establishment of the naime network if you wanna find out more the go here //www.advfilms.com check it out.

So what do you guys think of this great great thing that is a channel dedicated to anime.

Updated Version

Barnes

I want that channel but I doubt Comcast is ever gonna give it to suscribers.Cheap pigs :evil:
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

swordofthebezerk

Well actually at the moment it's only in select cities but they are working on getting it to the rest of the U.S, it probably won't be for a while sadly.

Updated Version

GokuMew2

My friend at school has satellite and he's got the channel. It'll probably take a while, if ever, for Comcast to carry it.

When they start airing subbed anime, I will really want it. *isn't much of an ADV dub fan*
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

frumpy

Comcast DOES carry it. However, it's only available on digital cable. If you don't have digital, you're SOL.
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

Barnes

:shock:  I I I I I I, uh.  Oh man.
Thanks Frumpy!
Yay, Haruko.

Barnes

Yay, Haruko.

swordofthebezerk

Damn basic cable!! Damn it straight to the bowels of hell!! *plunges broad sword into the cable box* oh no what have i done noooooooo!!!

Updated Version

GokuMew2

Quote from: "frumpy"Comcast DOES carry it. However, it's only available on digital cable. If you don't have digital, you're SOL.
Oh ya? I didn't know. Well... I don't have digital cable, so yeah. .^^;
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

KinFreon

If anything, I knew that The Anime Network would only be available to anyone with digital or satellite services. As for digital, I especially think that Comcast, being the uber-cable-provider they are, would be the ones to provide it (as opposed to other digital cable providers like Click! Network Cable, which is only availible in the City of Tacoma).

For basic Comcast subscribers...I'd say give it a few years before you get the Anime Network. Heck...I had to wait a good few long years to get The Travel Channel on my basic cable service.

Lady_Hoshi

i have digital cable from comcast and i can't find the anime network.

where is it?
Fanime Con 2015 Cosplay:
Fri: Unknown
Sat: Unknown
Sat. night: Panda kigurumi
Sun: Queen Nehelenia (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon)
Mon: Unknown

KinFreon

All I can think is either look in your on-screen menu or call up your provider. It may vary from city to city. Otherwise...yeah.

Speaking of Comcast, I just can't fathom my city's Tacoma Dome being renamed the Comcast Dome come this Tuesday, after the naming rights purchase proposal goes through the City Council. But that's another story.

protocol7

I love the concept of an all anime channel.. But.. Isn't it ADV titles ONLY?

I boo them for that.
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

KinFreon

A follow-up of my last post...

Comcast withdrew their offer to buy naming rights to the Tacoma Dome by faxing an official statement to the City Council just hours before they were to put it to a vote. Looks like Comcast has their fingers outta that pie, and the city has learned not to throw corporate names on big public structures without the say of the vox populi.

Back on the subject...I believe The Anime Network is the pet network project of ADV, so they're more than likely going to show a lot of ADV titles. For a lesser alternative, I hear TechTV has a decent anime programming block from different production/distrbution houses, and is already widely available on most digital cable and satellite systems. But then you'd have to sit through other sorts of nerd/geek/techie-related subject matter, so it wouldn't exactly be "all-anime, all the time".

swordofthebezerk

Ayanami: ok seriously would they call it the anime network as in the broad subject of anime if it was just adv titles... and if it is just adv then im gonna bludgeon someone.

Updated Version

Barnes

Does TechTV play  dubs or subs?
Yay, Haruko.

frumpy

Quote from: "frumpy"Comcast DOES carry it. However, it's only available on digital cable. If you don't have digital, you're SOL.

UPDATED:

Anime Network is currently offered through Video on Demand (VOD) via Comcast, Cablevision, RCN and Time Warner in these CA cities:

Carmel, Chatsworth, Garden Grove, Gardena, Los Angeles and San Diego.
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

KinFreon

What's the site say about WA?

L337_Ju99410

QuoteKinFreon said: I hear TechTV has a decent anime programming block from different production/distrbution houses, and is already widely available on most digital cable and satellite systems. But then you'd have to sit through other sorts of nerd/geek/techie-related subject matter, so it wouldn't exactly be "all-anime, all the time".

Hey i watch TechTV all the time ...and am deeply hurt that you would call their content
QuoteKinFreon said: nerd/geek/techie-related subject matter
.They Have A lot Of Informitive Programing .And the Anime they play is  ok at best ....
its dubbed ...and MOST of the time ...its  

Silent Mobius
Crest Of The Stars
Betterman

and like two others that i cant remember ......so its not a really good selection
Feel Free To Contact me Any Way Listed

OOOHHH Right In The Mean Bean Machine

j00 4r3 |\|07 L337!!!!!!!!!

KinFreon

Quote from: "L337_Ju99410"
QuoteKinFreon said: I hear TechTV has a decent anime programming block from different production/distrbution houses, and is already widely available on most digital cable and satellite systems. But then you'd have to sit through other sorts of nerd/geek/techie-related subject matter, so it wouldn't exactly be "all-anime, all the time".

Hey i watch TechTV all the time ...and am deeply hurt that you would call their content

1.) I thought it was the "cool thing" to be a "nerd" now. Especially with the proliferation of technology the way it's going, and subjects once thought to be "nerdy" have heartily made their way into our popular culture (ie: "LotR", "The Matrix", et al). A lot of people who work in various forms of science and technology even consider "nerd" a badge of honor.

2.) Don't believe what the football team has always beat into you. Nerds have ALWAYS been cool. Required Viewing: "Revenge of the Nerds", "Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds In Paradise", "Hackers", "Sneakers", and "Wargames".

3.) I'm not on the football team, nor am a preppie. Relax. I am one of you.

4.) I didn't mean it to be personal. Don't take it personal. Let go.

5.) The big epithet against overly intelligent yet socially-inept people is "dork" (of course that same insult is universally applied to anyone socially-inept, regardless of intelligence). Not "nerd", nor "geek".

6.) Anyone want some waffles, specially made by my scantily-clad race girls with Van Hool Motorsports? ^_^ And I've got some Rockstar, if anyone wants some. And for you, my Ju99410 friend, some F4y90! ^_^

Feel The Love, Keept It F'n Real!