Code Geass 2010 In the Name of Zero, I order you~!

Started by konataFTW, May 26, 2009, 06:11:17 PM

konataFTW

@koreanking
lulz yeah Ciel was actually my 2009 cosplay rather than Nunna, but gya-inc is doing a Geass group so meh =__= and thanks... can't wait to see your Seb-chan as well :D

@kannazuki
hahaha I know right? XD I mean all my heavy cosplays should be started a year before since I have other cons/appearances/shoots as well >_> but it's ok I guess XD

@Knight of Infinity
uhmm... he didn't have a cape? (because Geass/military outfits are considered formal and ok to the ball)
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

koreanking

lol, yeah I saw pics of a buncha code geass cosplayers at the ball,
it should be fine -_-;

I'm hoping to take care of my 2nd cosplay and dress for the black and white ball with Sebastian's outfit ^_^

Knight of Infinity

Yeah I know most of the geass outfits are formal (knight of rounds and all royalty clothing for example) But the post Emperor Lelouch outfits revolve around the theme "eyes and wings" and dont really have the "Brittanian Royalty" theme anymore. so thats what i was worrying about for my knight of zero cosplay. but i guess if it isnt ok ill just wear the Rounds outfit again to the ball so its no biggy.
Knight of Infinity at your service!

koreanking

Well,
I think Suzaku's knight of zero cosplay is a lot more fitting that just the regular knight of rounds for the BW ball x_x;
I personally like black much more than white and think black looks better on guys xD

...not that I check them out or anything D:

konataFTW

nah I checked everywhere and Suzaku never had a cloak as KoZ  (and I WILL NOT rewatch any episode towards the end of R2 *sniff)

I dunno if KoZ is appropriate...

and I will be crossdressing next B&W next ball so a group maybe a no-go for me :( [gunna be Ciel since the gathering might be at 4-5pm-ish]
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

koreanking

http://media.photobucket.com/image/suzaku%20knight%20of%20zero/La_Loba_/Code%20Geass/largeAnimePaperscans_Code-Geass_-1.jpg?o=4

???
Well, I saw a Zero cosplayer and knights of rounds members,
and the Zero cosplay is hardly black and white lol...

There were a lot of girl-ciel cosplayers this year,
I was surprised lol,
too bad most people only watched the anime instead of reading the manga.

Knight of Infinity

Well Suzaku as Knight of Zero does have a collared cape (kinda like rounds but with a bigger collar) and I have photos and screen caps to prove it, so i have no idea what you guys are smoking... but ya gotta stop ^~^ But as i said before If it isnt B and W ball appoved ill just go in my knight of rounds suit.

Rukia-Hitachiin

Honestly, they're pretty lax about the dress code of the ball. They only turn you down if you're obviously not trying. Like I saw some girls get turned down for wearing tennis shoes. The Knight of Zero costume is definitely ok :D very complex tho... good luck making that collar!

Knight of Infinity

Dont worry i gots peoples in japan that help me out, so im not worried at all. so any word on that missing sash for the chess?

konataFTW

ahh so he DOES have a cape XD wooot XD

update on the missing sash: doragon will remake one eventually =(
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Knight of Infinity

dang!!! i just found out i can pull off lelouche's crazy geass poses quite nicely! so now im torn between doing a Emporor lelouch cosplay or the Knight of zero cosplay....

Lordsnow

Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

topoisomeras

In my opinion, I think you should stick with Knight of Zero.
You were so convincing and totally epic as Knight of Rounds Suzaku that I'm having trouble seeing you cosplay as anything but Suzaku (Sorry for typecasting you  :P)

As for the whole "is it appropriate for the B&W Ball" thing: as long as it has the cape, KoZ is definitely formal attire.
Then again, I'm a guy who wears aloha t-shirts to funerals and whose Zero cosplay is the most formal attire I've ever owned in my life, so I may not be the best person to address this issue.

konataFTW

@KoI
o_O IWANNADOEMPERORLELOUCH *ahem

@LordSnow
totally  8)

@topoisomeras
AGREED~! sorry KoI XD but the fact that your siggy is all over Suzaku it's kinda... unable to be erased from my head :P

and lol aloha t-shirts? XD
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

morgaine

I'm having trouble deciding on a costume, too  :(  *darn my sis for changing themes!*  And school's letting out soon, which means I can go fabric shopping, but....I can't if i don't have a plannn >.<

Anyone else working on cosplay stuff this summer?
Fanime 2019
TBD

Rukia-Hitachiin

I'm making Cheese-kun (like a plushie version, not a life-size version XD though that would be cool! haha) and Anya this summer, as far as Code Geass goes. I'm also making Laurie/Silk Spectre from Watchmen and possibly Haruhara Haruko from FLCL :D Summer is the time!! haha

konataFTW

Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Knight of Infinity

So, im gonna stick with KoZ but.... OMG its being such a B finding out how to design the KoZ suit, the designs keep changing on me in all of the screen caps, designs, and illustrations!!!! I have a general plan and blueprints of it but the small details like this gold line running along the left leg comes and goes, it also sometimes seems to continue on along the length of the knee high boot sometimes too. Its the small things like this that really piss me off and slow me down.... T~T any suggestions? Think I should go with what I want and what I think will look best? or chose one design and follow that even though it may be wrong, but correct according to the image ???

Rukia-Hitachiin

OMG I hated that about making some of my Code Geass costumes!! Best bet, watch a clip of an episode with the KoZ and see all the angles when he moves and such. Some of the pictures that seemed different will make more sense and you'll see that they're really the same (hopefully!). If not, go with the pictures that best match the clip you watched in the episode. Cuz people will look at you like the animated character, not necessary still pictures ^^

Knight of Infinity

Hey thanks a bunch!!! now I can finally finish detailing my cosplay!!!