The hug line

Started by Dagger-6, May 26, 2009, 06:54:26 PM

Knightfire

Classic Jason is Classic
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Rebeccakh

For me it was a little scary seeing a writhing mass of people begging for hugs but due to my gigantic wings and spear I didn't recieve any unwanted hugs which was really nice. It was really intimidating having to be forced to go pass them when you wanted to go shop cause you couldnt just avoid it plus i'm extremely timid, socially akward, and embarrased when wearing my costume til I get used to it, and having to waddle past a giant crowd of people wearing giant blue feathery wings toating a spear makes me almost feel like they're staring at me as I walk by in my underpants. But a big thing that also bothered me about it is I have to bring my dad to these conventions and he doesn't care for anime whatsoever and during 09 he even told me that he was " sick of all these f*cking freaks" which really made me sad because i'd like to maybe at least get my dad to enjoy going with me to cons because its really the only father/daughter time we have that's doing something I like and not going to sporting events and what not.. But when he sees shirtless people and people wildly hugging and begging for hugs, for him, an outsider to all of this, its basically like a massive orgy or somthing so the huggers really don't help me plead my case that cons are not as bad as they seem and makes him not want to allow me to attend cons for fear of getting kidnapped and molested by said freaks. > _ < so for me i think it'd be really nice for the hug line to not happen next year or for them to have a designated area for hugging out of the way of traffic in a nice tucked away place or somthing

ayame_nguyen

Quote from: Rebeccakh on March 24, 2010, 01:50:56 PM
For me it was a little scary seeing a writhing mass of people begging for hugs but due to my gigantic wings and spear I didn't recieve any unwanted hugs which was really nice. It was really intimidating having to be forced to go pass them when you wanted to go shop cause you couldnt just avoid it plus i'm extremely timid, socially akward, and embarrased when wearing my costume til I get used to it, and having to waddle past a giant crowd of people wearing giant blue feathery wings toating a spear makes me almost feel like they're staring at me as I walk by in my underpants. But a big thing that also bothered me about it is I have to bring my dad to these conventions and he doesn't care for anime whatsoever and during 09 he even told me that he was " sick of all these f*cking freaks" which really made me sad because i'd like to maybe at least get my dad to enjoy going with me to cons because its really the only father/daughter time we have that's doing something I like and not going to sporting events and what not.. But when he sees shirtless people and people wildly hugging and begging for hugs, for him, an outsider to all of this, its basically like a massive orgy or somthing so the huggers really don't help me plead my case that cons are not as bad as they seem and makes him not want to allow me to attend cons for fear of getting kidnapped and molested by said freaks. > _ < so for me i think it'd be really nice for the hug line to not happen next year or for them to have a designated area for hugging out of the way of traffic in a nice tucked away place or somthing

i understand you. whenever i wanted to go to the dealer room i was a bit scared to go because of all the people. i agree it should be moved else where. or at least some rules should be made about the lines, like keep your clothes on.

Jerry

Fanime Rovers will be around to try to break up any massive of people trying to invade others people's space bubbles -
AKA the hug line/wall.

if you are being harassed PLEASE LET ROVERS KNOW - we'll break them up / disperse them so that issue doesnt get out of hand.

Thanks!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

It has been decided this year that the hug lines will not be allowed to continue as they were a disruptive presence in the preservation of people's personal bubbles and the general discord of being in a place with so much traffic flowing through.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com