Best Fight Scene/Dramatic Ending/Couple from Anime?

Started by FanFicGuru, May 26, 2009, 07:30:28 PM

FanFicGuru

So here's an idea I had:

What if we took scenes from anime released in the previous year and set up a competition for things like the best fight scene, best male character, best female character, best new series, the best couple, the coolest entrance, funniest line, etc.? It could be held in one of the main video rooms sort of like the Fanime Music Video competition and people would get pieces of paper with each category and there would be say, 5 entries for each category. From there it would work sort of like American Idol and the clip with the most votes is made the winner. Also it could introduce people to a variety of anime from the previous year if they hadn't gotten a chance to look through all of the new series.

Thoughts?
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

yojambo

That sounds like a good idea to me. Though I wonder if it might be kind of hard to pick out things from anime from the current or previous year. Always seems like we have old favorites that we might pick from.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: yojambo on May 26, 2009, 09:53:04 PM
That sounds like a good idea to me. Though I wonder if it might be kind of hard to pick out things from anime from the current or previous year. Always seems like we have old favorites that we might pick from.

I was thinking about going for classics too, but then I was afraid that it would be too skewed. Like, "Favorite character ever?" "ZOMG GOKU/SASUKE/INUYASHA..." etc. At least if we tried to keep the anime more recent then people wouldn't have as much time to develop overwhelming favorites. I would say we could make a classics competition separately but I don't want to over-inflate the idea too quickly.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015