HETALIA Axis Powers bbq gathering? (sorta importantish change)

Started by senritsu, May 26, 2009, 07:35:09 PM

senritsu

i dont know if this is the best place to put this
but i thought
since america's birthday is coming up (4th of july if you're slow), that i wanted to throw a bbq
with... like
games... and potluck kinda... food

i want all of the attendees to come as different countries
lets see how many we can get (maybe we can sing the worst rendition of we are the world ever) and freak out the locals... or something
tell me which country you are coming as and what food (possibly something pertaining to your country maybe?) you are bringing
if you know someone who is local and has a hetalia costume, bring them along too

maybe we can have stupid games
like daruma san ga koronda!
or something...
nothing better than a big crowd of freaks at a public park

i was thinking around noonish
and 4th of july is a saturday too XD

reply here if you want to go and what country/which food you're bringing
and i'll pm you with the directions

the address to the park is
(its called cull canyon park and i'm putting up signs)
18627 Cull Canyon Rd
Castro Valley, CA 94552

it has been brought to my attention that the date for this might be a bad choice because almost everyone is busy
should i change this to the 5th?

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.

senritsu

also ifn you have game ideas i'd like to hear em

cause all i got is
axis vs allies tug o war
and badminton

i was thinking a scavenger hunt or capture the flag maybe too

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.

Gwydion

Would depend on where it is. And maybe would be better to have on the weekend instead as some people might have stuff they have to do on the 4th.

Touya no Miko

Well, I could go depending on the location.

I'll be Canada.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

senritsu

random park in castro valley
either at cull canyon park or greenridge park
i think it might be at cull canyon... depending on if i actually get any replies
even on facebook i dont have anyone who is definitely going

and yes there is a bart station nearby

Neko Eclair

Sounds fun! I would love to go as Vietnam! And I prefer the top of hills.
WITH MY DYING WILL!!!

senritsu

the top of the hill has a view
the park at the bottom of the hill has a lake

i cant think of any hetalia esque riddles for a scavenger hunt either T_T

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

senritsu

it would be if more than... three people have told me they're coming

maybe i should post on cosplay.com?

Siri Ex

Hmm~ Quite tempting. All I have is my N. Italy cosplay that I have to fix up a bit, but if I can find a way to get there I'd love to drop by, mess around, and see everyone again!

On a side note, I think you've got this in the wrong part of the forum. Not entirely sure if there really is a place for this, but I'd say here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/board,23.0.html is best.

I dunno. Probably best to ask a mod. Anyways, that's where all the out-of-con stuff appears to be gathering.

Sorry if I'm wrong and just bothering you.

ToshiX

Sounds fun but that is probably a bad weekend due to people either having like family stuff or out of town and it is AX weekend...
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

LordMoufMouf

You are too far for me to go. :( I'm in Marin.

senritsu

@lord moufmouf *makes a plu6to esque keening puppy noise*

and we are near a bart station for anyone else that thinks they have no way over and if you think you can bart it pm me and i'll give you my number

senritsu

anybody else know where i can post this so i can get more replies?

hellangel

yar, post to cosplay.com

i'll tell lunarloop about the event, though, since we havent had a place to wear our hetalia to yet~
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

senritsu

i did post to cosplay.com
i might have not posted it in the right place
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=180888
i dunno

it looked as good as any
maybe you can point people at it or something

and i posted it on the yaoicon forums... i got like three responses T_T

senritsu

i think i might change this to the 5th of july
what does everyone else think?
is it possible we might get  *gasp* more replies?

LordMoufMouf

Why not post fliers around local recreation centers and high schools? You might attract some new otakus who need friends!

senritsu

oh you people and your brain ... thinky things

thats a great idea, and i would, but i'm broke

senritsu

bump because its getting closer to the date and i'm not going to be prussia, i'm going to be ottoman empire