What was your favorite panel &/or workshop? ^^)

Started by BSaphire, May 26, 2009, 11:04:52 PM

BSaphire

I didn't get to attend some of the panels or workshops that look way cool in the program so I thought I would ask for feedback on what everyone thought was great and tell me a little bit about why or what was great about it.

Love to hear your thoughts ^^)
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

bahamutknightzero

Fav panel: Banzai Arcade

Why: It was so much fun to watch and participate in, ranging from stuff like seeing a person having to play the 1st screen/area from I Want To Be The Guy to the very random Labyrinth Zone Dance Party. It's honestly very hard to explain why it was great, but it can be very fun to see if you are into video games.

Barnes

1. Gainax Documentary
Why: Me learn lots of stuff. Didn't get to ask my question though

2. Banzai Arcade
Why: The humor alone made me come back. Had to miss half of it though  :-\

3. Anime Vice Squad
Why: I got a free manga for ASKING a question. Can't hate a panel for that.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Raydere

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on May 26, 2009, 11:30:52 PMthe very random Labyrinth Zone Dance Party
I was totally not expecting that. I was instead expecting
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
from last year. Now I know why the "Man-Miku" cosplayer was telling us to "man up."

Banzai Arcade was the only panel I went to, and it rocked even more than last year's, especially:
- The aforemetioned LZDP
- BP paying Big Wes $30 and then getting the copy of Wild ARMs 2 THE DEMO that Big Wes bought last year thinking it was the full game.
- Some of the question enemies, like Medium Question Big Wes MAN, Dr. Robotnik with 12 balls and chains, and the stupid boss from Sonic & Knuckles who kills himself.
- DDR Game Boy Color version. Oh dear gosh.
- SUPER SAIYAN SUPER SHREDDER: ATTORNEY AT LAW

I was intending to attend the Evangelion Endless Debate too, but I got misinformed of its time and didn't make it (was in Yaoi-Con Bingo and H-Room at the time).
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

havok rt

Well I maybe a bit bias but The Comedy Club. 8) Outside panels I directly participated in, Nerd Courting it was hilarious nuf said.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Kertus

Nerd Courting was indeed great, I know at least 1 guy who was actually helped by the advice, so I would imagine quite a few others were as well.  Even if you're experienced with the opposite gender the stories were hilarious and well worth it.
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

ichigocorcor

The Dojo (run by the Twilight Knights) was probably the best idea ever. First of all, it made advertising/setting up for our panels (Team Lift's "How To Make a Fight Scene/Advanced Fight Choreography) super easy, and the Knights were the friendliest, most professional, and most helpful people I encountered throughout the con. I am very much looking forward to the dojo next year!
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

Levistus

kamikazegirl

I really enjoyed Banzai arcade, Pin-up Photography, Who's Line is it Anime? and the lolita panel.

I'm sad I missed Nerd Courting. It sounds like it was a lot of fun!

amarilli

I'd say Nerd Courting was one of the best panels I've attended it was a lot of fun and interesting...I hope they will have this panel again next year!

Sucrose

I only went to the Lolita panel, but it was well put-together and interesting!
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

BSaphire

I consider the dance lessons for the B & W ball as a workshop (you go to learn how to dance/practice) and I was wondering how they went with everyone. I loved going over to the B & W and seeing everyone enjoying themselves. :)

Looks like I missed a couple of great panels. :( I can only see stuff in the evening when I'm off, but I am working on that for next year *giggles :P

Sounds like Banzai Arcade was a really good one ^^) Can anyone tell me more on the Dojo stuff? I really wanted to go over for that and could not make it... :(

B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

jemz

Quote from: BSaphire on June 03, 2009, 09:55:48 AM
I consider the dance lessons for the B & W ball as a workshop (you go to learn how to dance/practice) and I was wondering how they went with everyone. I loved going over to the B & W and seeing everyone enjoying themselves. :)

Looks like I missed a couple of great panels. :( I can only see stuff in the evening when I'm off, but I am working on that for next year *giggles :P

Sounds like Banzai Arcade was a really good one ^^) Can anyone tell me more on the Dojo stuff? I really wanted to go over for that and could not make it... :(

B

You can find feedback on the dance lessons as well as the Black and White Ball itself  here. It looks fairly positive so far. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

BunofGovt

I only made it to two panels.  The HCC Cosplay panel I always like going to because it makes me believe I'll someday make that armor cosplay I want.  I forget the exact name of the panel, something armor or propmaking, sorry.  I missed the propmaking panel by macauley, hope they're back next year.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Chun

The Nico Nico Douga panel was very well done from the amount I saw before leaving. It's always good to have a great sense of humor, and I'm still looking around for that live feed.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Polysynchronicity

Banzai Arcade was fantastic. Won two MadWorld posters thanks to my speed-reading skills, then gave them away.

Ryo_Hellsing

I only went to two, Jrock and the BJD.

The Jrock one was my favorite just because it was very accurate and it had alot of information that I didn't know so that was kind of fun. The main speaker was also very funny and the rest of the people in the room made me laugh with their side comments.  Plus seeing the DMC cosplayers in there was great  :D

Wish I could have gone to the Nerd Courting  :'(

Nina Star 9

I only went to 1 1/2, the lolita panel and half of the K-pop panel. The K-pop one was... really dissapointing, to say the least, as it was mostly someone standing up front with a computer/projector trying to choose songs and then everyone in the auidence yelling out what songs they saw on the HD that they wanted to see, so the person changed plans most of the time... the screaming, squealing fangirls whenever a cute guy showed up -really- didn't help. I was planning on going to the J-pop panel, as well, but I was afraid that it would be the same thing again, so I didn't bother. I was hoping for some history of the music, some key artists, samples of their works, etc., but that certainly didn't happen. I would put on the panel myself if I knew anything about/liked the music. :<

The lolita panel was wonderful, though, and I say that with as little bias as possible, as one of the models. Lots of great information for people who aren't quite sure on the fashion yet. :D I have to say that everyone modeling looked wonderful, as well (and no, this is not where "especially that sailor loli" follows, haha -- I mean everyone else in the show).

HunterZero

Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

math4origami

Chun's Vocaloid Panel was awesome, as well as Zalas's NicoNico Douga one.  Those were the two best imo.