General Thread for Roommates Wanted - Fanime 2010

Started by KyraEnsui, May 27, 2009, 11:55:44 AM

KyraEnsui

Welcome to 2010 version for this thread. More descriptive and more professional looking post. Do you need roommates? Or do you need a room? This is the place to post up your wanted ads.

Hotels:
+ Hilton (adjacent to convention, has mini fridges)
+ Marriott (adjacent to convention, most of the video rooms are at)
+ Crowne Plaza (a block away, close to Civic Center)
+ Sainte Claire (across from Marriott)
+ Fairmont (across the street from Saint Claire, near restaurants like Johnny Rockets and others)

What you need to know:
+ Please be respectful to your roommates along with everyone else on the same floor.
+ Please do not try to crowd beyond the maximum occupancy of the hotel since it is a fire hazard.
[If you have any other suggestion, please voice it out.]

Roommates Wanted: (only main leader can post it)
+ Introduction: Introduce yourself. Do you have Facebook or Myspace? Feel free to post it up.
+ Hotel Information: where are you staying at and how long you're staying in.
+ Costs: how much for each person, how to pay, etc...
+ Requirements: what are you looking for, your set rules, etc...
+ Contact: how to get in touch. Please keep all your PMs and/or emails until the day they're check-in.
+ Miscellaneous: anything else you like to add.

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
+ Contact: (same as above)
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)

Once transactions are done, please post in bold and underline words that it is fulfilled. As stated above, don't forget to keep all your PMs and emails of your exchanges.

As January 11, the hotels are up: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13369.0.html. Go booked ASAP!

Thank you.

KyraEnsui

Based on my own experiences, for anyone who likes to make an estimate and save up ahead, here's a sample from own bill when I stayed at the Hilton:

Based from 2009:
Fanime's discount: $109
(+) Tax (City room, Tourism, & Tbid Assessment): $12.98
(x) No. of nights: 4
Total: approx. $487.92
(+/-) Security deposit: $150
Total: $637.92

Give or take whatever charges they can make after you check out. I know that there was several threads about hotel's security deposit that they add on. Ask them when you check in. To be safe side, add it into your budget. Don't worry, it will be gone after check-out. If you're going to do cash deposit, ask the hotel you're staying at how much will it be.

For a good backup plan, if you have another roommate who has a credit card, ask them to be with you and see if they can hold the room. Then check-out when you have collected all the payments from your roommates, you can use your own method of payment that the hotel accepts.

If you have any other questions about it, I'll make a separate thread and please post only into that thread so we won't have clutters of repeated responses.

Thank you.

FanFicGuru

LOOKING FOR ONE ROOMMATE!

I have a king-bed room at the Marriott for 3 nights (Thursday, Friday and Saturday...NOTE: NO SUNDAY NIGHT) and am willing to bring on board one more person. Males only, 18+ only (21+ preferred). I am very laid back and will mainly be using the room as a swag stowing compartment and a comfy king bed at night. If you bunk with me you will either be on the couch or the floor, I am taking the bed all 3 nights. HOWEVER, your rate will be very cheap. $30 a night, or $90 for three nights.

A little about me: I'm a 24 (nearly 25) year old graduate student at UC Santa Cruz studying Japanese history. I drink socially and don't smoke or do drugs. I believe this will be my 6th or 7th Fanime. I am bringing my 4 younger sisters along, but they will have their own room (though I might bring them in on one or two occasions so we can have dinner together or something during the convention).

payment: We will arrange to meet up on Thursday evening at which point I will collect the $90 IN CASH. A check would work too, but cash is preferred. If for whatever reason you have to back out, please let me know at least a week in advance so I can try to fill the spot.

Contact: Send me a PM on here, send a message to MithrandielX on AIM or email me at [email protected].

That's about it...

tl;dr: $30 a night, bring a sleeping bag. Be chill, and be a 18+ guy.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

auroramarija

Room Needed~

+ Introduction: Hey...  I'm a 23 year old female graduate student, studying Biomedical Science, who lives in NJ.  I know, I know, you're probably thinking wtf am I doing coming all the way out to Fanime?...  Well, I got invited by two friends who live in San Jose, but now there is a rooming issue, and we aren't sure if I can room with their group or not.  So, I decided to take the initiative and find out if I can room somewhere else.  I'm usually shy and reserved, but if you talk to me, that kinda falls away.  This will be my 1st Fanime obviously, and I'm just a little paranoid about going so far alone- with my rooming issues still not resolved on top of it- but I've heard Fanime is one of the best conventions ever, and so I'm hoping to have a good experience, and meet lots of new friends.  Just wanted to add to this after seeing other people's posts- I'm a very clean, meticulous person...I didn't know bahting was an issue with anyone out there, but ew..  I'm definitely not one of those people who sits in a room playing video games for 5 days straight, and never bathes or changes clothes.

+ Hotel Information:  I'm willing to stay from Thursday to Monday, but that can be extended if needed(not shortened though), since I don't have my flight booked yet.
Like I say below, I want something very close to the convention, so I don't get lost.

+ Requirements: I don't know San Jose, so I want a hotel VERY close to the convention.
I don't care if the room is just girls, or mixed, but I'd like for the people to be respectable, and if possible, not minors.  I don't care how many are in the room either.
Oh... and I know that this might not go over well, but I will NOT sleep on a floor.  Cots are fine though, and I wouldn't mind paying the extra fee for a cot if no bed was available.  Sofas are fine too.  Just no floor, and I know this will not go over well, but I'm not changing my mind....hopefully I don't have to wind up getting a room on my own though just b/c of this...idk how I'd afford that and my flight, lol.
I'm shy, so I might just seem bitchy, but in all seriousness, I'll want to be able to make friends with people but might be afraid to initiate it- so outgoing/friendly roommates are a plus.  I've never been to Fanime, or anywhere in America off of the East Coast, so someone willing to show me around the convention a little might be nice- not necessary though, I'll have my friends there.
No issues with drinking or partying.

+ Contact: My email is [email protected]  AIM is teddybearsofdoom

+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)
Fanime 2011 cosplays: Jihl Nabaat (FFXIII); Thief (Assassins Creed Brotherhood)

FanFicGuru

aurora- CA hotels don't allow smoking. At least, the Hilton and the Marriott that are connected to the convention center don't. I think there are one or two hotels nearby that allow smoking but I'm not sure which ones. Good luck!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

smurfqueen

About us: We are two 21 year old completely awesome females looking for roommates, pretty much for entertainment purposes. I'm always up for meeting and getting to know new people and what better way then to sleep 10feet away from them right?(this is meant in a joking/completely non-creepy sort of way) We're nice people and we don't steal.

Hotel Information
: We have a 2 bed room at the Hilton, Friday morning to Monday afternoon but we are trying to extend it to Tuesday because we just don't like to deal with the rush of leaving. Right now I'm not too sure about the price. I'm really just looking for awesome people to room with so my friend and I are going to cover as much of the cost as possible.

What we are looking for
: We don't care if you're male or female. The last few years I have said no age requirement but that's not really true, we're looking for people 16ish-26ish give or take a year. Please don't steal. And bathing is a must. Besides that we're pretty laid back. We don't care what your sleeping habits are, come and go as you wish. You will have to be ok with the fact that we stay up ALMOST all night. So it's good if you're a hard sleeper or just a night owl too. Oh yea, a sense of humor is always a plus.

Random Information: You might have to either be willing to share a bed or sleep on the floor some nights. It's still pretty early so I have NO idea how many people will be with us. I've had as many as 10 in a double bed room and everything worked out fine, but that's not my plan this year. Some friends who roomed with me last year might again so that's about 6 people right there so you would have to  be ok with all that.

If you have any questions or are interested in rooming with us you can just message me here. If you want to  get to know a little about me you can go to my myspace. Here is my friends page as well.
Mine: http://www.myspace.com/smurf_queen7

Kaylene: http://www.myspace.com/kaykay209

caskaslyrk

Roomates Wanted:
Introduction:  My name is Oneida, I am 26 and from San Diego and this will be my 6th Fanime.  I am very friendly and like to talk to anyone and have a good time.  Sharing the room will be my 2 friends both females, one is over the age of 21 and the other just turned 20.  My friends are a little shy so I am always the ice breaker.  Expect to have fun, have interesting conversations and laugh alot.  Cause we always laugh!  I do not have a preference for male, female or furry.  Anything goes as long as you are respectful, not a pervert or 5 finger discounter!  :D

Hotel:  I will more than likely be staying at the Hilton or Marriott and will be renting a suite/ jr suite.

Cost:  Depending on how many people are in the room...probably $60-$80 the whole weekend.  Will be staying Thursday through Monday.

Requirements:  Must be over 21+...I like to drink and do not want to get anyone in trouble who is a minor.

Contact:  You can e-mail me, my e-mail address is listed in my profile or you can send me a message on the forum.

LightandDarkSoul

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hi my name is Jessica and I'll be 18 by the time Fanime 2010 comes around. Usually I'm a quiet person, but if we share similar interests, you see me talking. I also like to draw a lot; my artwork is anime art. I'll also be cosplaying, so please don't be freaked out by my costume(s). I'm mostly into yaoi anime and not to mention I'm more knowledgeable of yaoi . But I also like my fair share of yuri, hentai and general anime.

+ Hotel Information: Preferably the Marriott and close to logistics room. I'll be staying Thurs- Monday. But if it changes, I'll let you know

+ Requirements: I have a boyfriend who also need lodgings and he's a big guy. So I hope there's room for two people.

+ Contact: Email- lightanddarksoulATyahooDOTcom, aim-SesshiesMoonlite

+ Miscellaneous: I can also be contacted through Youtube, DeviantArt, and Gaia Online: YT-LightandDarkSoul2,  dA- LightandDarkSoul, Gaia- LightandDarkSoul

Oh and I would rather not be stuck with anyone who drinks and smokes. I like to keep myself healthy.

KyraEnsui

riceboi3789

Introduction my friend and I are looking for roomates 18+ trying to cut back on hotel cost contact me at my email [email protected]  ;D only real rules we have is be respectful to others and have fun! O yea we are both guys, no preferences except no peeping on us while showering  :'(

Cosplay Cyborg

We decided because we don't really know how to book we'd rather join someone's pre-existing group. XD

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Yo~ I'm Zanney, aka Cosplay Cyborg over at the Cosplay.com forums. I'm into Hetalia, KHR, Persona, Pokemon, Yaoi, Steampunk and a variety of many other series and genres that would take an entire year to list. Avi is my traveling companion and best friend and she's part of the package we like to call "Team Awesome Sauce", kesesese~ Her likes include Lolita and Kodona fashion, Kuroshitsuji, Hetalia Steampunk and a bunch of other awesomeness. XD We're from Southern California, I'm 21 and Avi's 22. We're both very friendly and outgoing gals who are looking for a place to crash for Fanime. This is my third Fanime and Avi's first, and since Fanime's my all-time favorite con, I wanna make sure Avi has as much fun as I do every year.
+ Hotel Information: We'd really like to be there from Day Zero to the end of con, and we're flying over so we need to get our room settled first and foremost before we book our flight. We can be flexible, as long as we get to stay for as much of con as we possible can.
+ Requirements: Preferably no smoking because I have asthma. Drinking doesn't matter as long as it's done responsibly. If possible we'd like to share our own room key for cosplay changes and other things, but if that's not do-able the we'll still live. XD
+ Contact: You can get ahold of me fastest via AIM (lilzanchan) deviantart (CosCy009) or email (MutantSunflower @ gmail . com)
+ Miscellaneous: An extra bonus would be if we're able to stay an extra day in San Jose because Avi and I have been dying to see the city. We're fine either way tho~ I'll also provide my cell phone number upon request as I see fit. Thank you!!

krazyaznnerd

NEED A ROOM

+ Introduction: Hey my name is Preecha aka krazyazntrekkie on the AX forums, I am 19 years old and I go to UCSD. I am from the SoCal area and well as you can see I am looking for a room. I am a very friendly and outgoing person, but can be a tad shy :P. This would be my first time going to Fanime and hopefully my first time cosplaying too (if airport security does not stop me :) ) I do admit I am a causal drinker and sometime I would drink in excess but I want to assure you that I wont be doing alot of drinking during the con for many reason I wont care to discuss. But anyways I am looking for any awesome roommates that is willing to let me crash with them :D
+ Hotel Information: Well depending on my schedule I would be able to stay from day 0 to the end of fanime :D and I dont really care which hotel I stay in :D
+ Contact: you can contact me on AIM through my sn: COD4TCEW or my email address: [email protected]

Maiyu_Ru

In Need of One Roommate:

Hi everyone! My name is Amber, I'm 22-years-old. I live in SoCal and this is my second time attending Fanime. I am a big cosplayer and lolita, as well as a member of AnimaidCafe. My boyfriend will also be in the room with me. He is 28-years-old and into Games, anime ect. He also does a lot of photography. We wont really be in the room much, just at nights to sleep and change cloths. We are very respectful of others and wont have other people in the room at any time. We are very neat and do not snore. We like to have fun and meet new people., but are very good at keeping a low profile.

My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000525144201

We are staying at the Hilton Thursday through Monday. in a four person room. (Two beds)

Price: $131.10 for the whole con. I will accept either cash on first day of con or pay pal in advance. If paid by pay pal you are responsible for PPF.

We are looking for only two people, boys or girls are fine it doesn't matter, preferably over 21. Neat, and clean. Easy going people that are down to earth.

You can send me an email: [email protected]

emogothichippy

About me: My name is Andrew, I'm 19, from Manteca ca this is my 4th year going to fanime. i love anime love meeting new people and ill probly be in lolita kisama fasion this year.

Hotel Information: Im staying at the fairmont in a two bedroom for three people maby four. From the 28th to the 31st. Depending on how many i can get to stay with me we mite just divide the bill. I already have the reservations set up so i need people.The only rules i have are that im going to need help to clean up on like the last day dont just bounce and leave me to clean up it suck to have to clean up a whole room by yourself.

What i am looking for: Anybody really. hopefully you can use common sense and still have fun lol i guess age doesnt really matter.

Random Information: My myspace is http://www.myspace.com/emogothichippy, and my email is [email protected]. ill probly give you my number once we talk.

Setsuryou

Name's Ben. Currently have a room at the Crowne Plaza booked for Thursday-Monday. If anyone needs a room, I have possibly 2 spots available (gotta check with a co-worker to see if they're going or not). Otherwise, I have 1 spot available.

General rules:
Absolutely no smoking, as it's actually a law in several states.  ;D

Drinking is fine as long as you KEEP IT TO A CONTROLLABLE LEVEL. (NO UNDERAGE DRINKING. SERIOUSLY, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ISSUES WITH ANY AUTHORITIES, I JUST WANT TO RELAX AND ENJOY THE WEEKEND.)

BATHE. For the love of god, bathe. I know some of you enjoy the dance, but some people there end up coming out with the "scent" of the entire crowd and it's really not a pleasing one.

Respect other's privacy. If you have personal items with you, make sure to take care of them and respect others' property. Like Woll Smof said in Men in Black: "Don't start notin', won't be notin'.

Try to keep the room clean/neat/tidy. I'd like to leave a good impression on the hotel, and I'd hope you would as well.

Other than that, just have fun. You can e-mail me at [email protected]

mod edit: its called a dance

mouse alchemist

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hi my name is Alexandra. I'm 24 years old. I am fairly nice and clean. This is going to be my 6th fanime con. I believe. I sleep like a normal people and respect others. I work in retail at a shoe store so I am reliable.
+ Hotel Information: Which ever one is closes. I don't mind walking. I do a lot of it anyways.
+ Requirements: I don't smoke. I don't mind if others smoke just don't blow it in my face. I pretty much a relax kind of person. I would like to just room with females if possible. I do like to drink but not crazy drink like I will have a wine cooler once in a while. Um I am coming by amtrak so if anyone can pick me up that will be awesome I can give you gas money. I will be staying Friday thru Monday if possible.
+ Contact: [email protected]
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MouseAlchemist
+ Miscellaneous: I will bring food and snack because I don't like starving at cons.

I have a room now. Thanks everyone.

EStoller

Roommates Wanted:

Roomates Wanted:
My name is Eric, an 22 and a San Jose native. I am always cool calm and collective and friendly. I'd like to get a couple of roommates to share a hotel so i can spend more at Fanimecon. Im looking for 3 possibly 4 people to split cost. Dont belive in overcrowding rooms. looking for people male or female who don't smoke, or steal stuff. Bathing is a must and be generally clean.

The Hotel is the Hilton booked from Friday to Monday. Double Bed.

Cost for staying depending on how many people are in the room...probably $60-$80 the whole weekend.

More Info:
You can Contact me at [email protected]
http://www.myspace.com/greatkalamazo
or at aim: SpyEnnX
or message me

Zexion

+ Introduction: Hello, my name is Zexion, I need a room to stay in. I am 18.
+ Hotel Information: Any hotel, for the whole 4 days
+ Requirements: No drinking or drugs please, that's it
+ Contact: myspace.com/CloakedSchemer (or id 55763782)
+ Miscellaneous: Uh..I am fun to be with. :)

keisukesan

Title: Aggression

Driven by hate, deceptively brutally raped
Keeping all bad memories inside
All that you told me... was it all a lie?
You made me think, you made me shout, all but one thing that I've kept in mind,
The more I feel, the more I hat

Sora

I'm Ed, and I have a room at the Marriott from Thurs-Mon. I don't have a preference for boy or girl, but the rules are no smoking, drugs, drinking, or trashing the room. I'm hoping to get 3-4 people. Please PM me for the price and I will get back to you as soon I can. :)
"Don't give me any orders."