General Thread for Roommates Wanted - Fanime 2010

Started by KyraEnsui, May 27, 2009, 11:55:44 AM

FanFicGuru

Quote from: FanFicGuru on November 20, 2009, 02:05:35 PM
LOOKING FOR ONE ROOMMATE!

I have a king-bed room at the Marriott for 3 nights (Thursday, Friday and Saturday...NOTE: NO SUNDAY NIGHT) and am willing to bring on board one more person. Males only, 18+ only (21+ preferred). I am very laid back and will mainly be using the room as a swag stowing compartment and a comfy king bed at night. If you bunk with me you will either be on the couch or the floor, I am taking the bed all 3 nights. HOWEVER, your rate will be very cheap. $30 a night, or $90 for three nights.

A little about me: I'm a 24 (nearly 25) year old graduate student at UC Santa Cruz studying Japanese history. I drink socially and don't smoke or do drugs. I believe this will be my 6th or 7th Fanime. I am bringing my 4 younger sisters along, but they will have their own room (though I might bring them in on one or two occasions so we can have dinner together or something during the convention).

payment: We will arrange to meet up on Thursday evening at which point I will collect the $90 IN CASH. A check would work too, but cash is preferred. If for whatever reason you have to back out, please let me know at least a week in advance so I can try to fill the spot.

Contact: Send me a PM on here, send a message to MithrandielX on AIM or email me at [email protected].

That's about it...

tl;dr: $30 a night, bring a sleeping bag. Be chill, and be a 18+ guy.

Quoted for emphasis. The spot is still open, and if you're good, you may even haggle a few bucks off the price. PM me.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

EJAY420

Arriving:       Friday, May 28, 2010
Departing:     Monday, May 31, 2010
Hotel Choice:     The Fairmont San Jose

I will be having a room to myself at the Fairmont Hotel. From Friday afternoon/night to Monday morning/noon. If anyone needs a room get at me. My name is E.J. I'm a 31 year old adult. I've been to so many Fanimecons since I was in my teens. Be respectful. Please be over 21. I will be smoking and lite drinking. If this bothers u, dont reply.

From Friday May 28th to Monday May 31
100 bucks for all nights.
I am only looking for 2, maybe 3 folks. It only has one bed. I dont mind sleeping on the floor.
Female or Male, it doesnt matter. Just be clean, honest and dont take shit that doesnt belong to you.

www.facebook.com/ejay420
www.myspace.com/ej_king_of_games

UPDATE: 04/20/2010:  I am LOOKING for ONE MORE roomie to  bunk with at FANIME 2010. So far it's Dan_Hibiki and EJAY420 (me). I am trying to find one more person to split the bill with.
Most Impressive.

Asa_Gohan

Hey, I am looking for a room for this year.  I was going to be reserving a room this year, but my friends ended up not reserving one on time.  So Im looking for a roommate for fanime.  I want to stay at the mariotte if that would be possible.

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Sora

Hey, Asa_Gohan, have you gotten a room yet? If not, I might have room.
"Don't give me any orders."

k.worthley

Looking for two room mates

my friends and I are all going to fanime together, so we will be getting two rooms at the EZ8 Motel. Not fancy, but cheap as hell, which is what attracted us. We have three boys confirmed as going, and three girls.

Lodging: EZ8 Motel I, San Jose

nights: friday-mon (may try and stay thursday night)

requirements: 18+, must be okay with drinking and smoking, as one of the girls, and one of the boys are really hard core smokers, but they are repectful. We need one boy, and one girl. No boys in girls rooms, girls in boys rooms. The room will have two large beds each, so youll have to snuggle up to some one lol

Rules: do NOT steal My group will be bringing a locked box, so goodluck stealing anyway. Bathe daily. Be open minded. Our guys AND girls like yuri, and our girls like yaoi. So get over that if it bothers you. Probably no one over 35.

Needs: pay a fraction of the fee for the rooms (price not set yet, shouldnt be more than $40 all weekend), bring at least some energy bars or waters for everyone, be respectful.

We are prepared to make a deal. If a person who lives in or around San Jose, and has a car that they are driving, would be willing to pick at least some of my group up, you can stay in the hotel free

contact me for more info. Jut cause I posted this doesnt mean the first person to throw themselves at this offer wll get an "Oh hey, okay!" reaction, and an 'approved' sticker. Lotsa creepers out there.
Preparing for Fanime 2011!!!
Cosplay ideas- Miwako (Paradise Kiss), Shizuma (Strawberry Panic)

Z-Ro

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hi Name's Z-Ro. I'm 22 going on 23 years old by the time the con is around. This is (hopefully) going to be my 2nd fanime con.
+ Hotel Information: Prefer the Crowne Royal but which ever is best. I don't mind walking as long as I have a room in first place. Thursday to Monday is what I'm lookinng to stay at the con.
+ Requirements: I don't smoke or drink and don't mind if others smoke. I just want a heads up if anyone in the room does. I pretty much a relaxing, kick back of person though quiet. Money atm is really tight so I hope that can be worked on if possible. Also just need to know about any rules in the room so I'm aware of them. Don't have a problem with anything else atm.
+ Miscellaneous: I'm also looking for a way to get to and from the con as well and if you can also provide that, I'll help out in anything needed and what's possible as well.
+Contact: [email protected] or via messages on here.

Anything else, let me know :)

Ayanami Rei First Child

ROOMATES WANTED:

Me and my friend Robert are looking for some roomates for Fanime. Partially social reasons as it's a good chance to get new friends, but also so we can afford to get more swag.

Where: Marriot Hotel

When: Friday - Monday

Rate: $139 and $104 if you can bring a friend, I'm also willing to negotiate a little.

Benefits: We're really friendly and we don't mind if you hang out with your friends at our hotel. We'll have a rice cooker, and we'll be playing some games in our room.

If you're interested or want more details contact me at:

Yahoo: Neko_Pryde

E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks!

LordKefka

Quote from: rude32 on March 18, 2010, 12:34:06 AM
Need a room thursday night
Intro: My name is David, or on the forums, rude32.
Hotel: I dont care, a room is a room. I'm just looking for a place to crash and shower, and if your down, maybe party.
Requirements: Shower and sleep is good enough for me.
[email protected] or contact me at facebook since I check that most often http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=699842803

I might get back to you on that if it's only Thursday.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Setsuryou

Quote from: Setsuryou on February 04, 2010, 05:19:09 PM
Name's Ben. Currently have a room at the Crowne Plaza booked for Thursday-Monday. If anyone needs a room, I have possibly 2 spots available (gotta check with a co-worker to see if they're going or not). Otherwise, I have 1 spot available.

General rules:
Absolutely no smoking, as it's actually a law in several states.  ;D

Drinking is fine as long as you KEEP IT TO A CONTROLLABLE LEVEL. (NO UNDERAGE DRINKING. SERIOUSLY, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ISSUES WITH ANY AUTHORITIES, I JUST WANT TO RELAX AND ENJOY THE WEEKEND.)

BATHE. For the love of god, bathe. I know some of you enjoy the rave, but some people there end up coming out with the "scent" of the entire crowd and it's really not a pleasing one.

Respect other's privacy. If you have personal items with you, make sure to take care of them and respect others' property. Like Woll Smof said in Men in Black: "Don't start notin', won't be notin'.

Try to keep the room clean/neat/tidy. I'd like to leave a good impression on the hotel, and I'd hope you would as well.

Other than that, just have fun. You can e-mail me at [email protected]

Update:

Several of the people (all of them ¬_¬) decided to back out on going, so as of now it's just myself. I have room for 2 others for the whole Thursday-Sunday/Monday booking. If anyone's interested, my e-mail be in them thar quotesesses. Just make sure if you do, make the subject about the con. I can't be held accountable if I delete your message with "generic subject goes here."

Same rules still apply, though I'm willing to haggle with the room pricing.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: keisukesan on February 28, 2010, 05:37:43 PM
I am willing to paid hopefully there are some left.

Please follow the first post's instructions so the viewer can 'know' a few things of who you are. Thank you.

Elimeno

+ Introduction: Hey, names Elimeno I'm a pretty cool guy who likes anime and doesnt afraid of anything
+ Hotel Information: Any hotel is fine, although I'd like one of the two connected to the con center
+ Requirements: Need two spots guy 23 girl24 for Day zero only most likely just a place to sleep that night
+ Contact: [email protected] or AIM RenkeiB
+ Miscellaneous: willing to throw down some money to use sleeping area :P
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: Setsuryou on March 24, 2010, 08:08:27 PM
Quote from: Setsuryou on February 04, 2010, 05:19:09 PM
Name's Ben. Currently have a room at the Crowne Plaza booked for Thursday-Monday. If anyone needs a room, I have possibly 2 spots available (gotta check with a co-worker to see if they're going or not). Otherwise, I have 1 spot available.

General rules:
Absolutely no smoking, as it's actually a law in several states.  ;D

Drinking is fine as long as you KEEP IT TO A CONTROLLABLE LEVEL. (NO UNDERAGE DRINKING. SERIOUSLY, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ISSUES WITH ANY AUTHORITIES, I JUST WANT TO RELAX AND ENJOY THE WEEKEND.)

BATHE. For the love of god, bathe. I know some of you enjoy the dance, but some people there end up coming out with the "scent" of the entire crowd and it's really not a pleasing one.

Respect other's privacy. If you have personal items with you, make sure to take care of them and respect others' property. Like Woll Smof said in Men in Black: "Don't start notin', won't be notin'.

Try to keep the room clean/neat/tidy. I'd like to leave a good impression on the hotel, and I'd hope you would as well.

Other than that, just have fun. You can e-mail me at [email protected]

Update:

Several of the people (all of them ¬_¬) decided to back out on going, so as of now it's just myself. I have room for 2 others for the whole Thursday-Sunday/Monday booking. If anyone's interested, my e-mail be in them thar quotesesses. Just make sure if you do, make the subject about the con. I can't be held accountable if I delete your message with "generic subject goes here."

Same rules still apply, though I'm willing to haggle with the room pricing.
Oh man I HATE it when people do that. We had one guy who met up with us the day of, wandered off, and was never seen before. At least they told you now while there's still good time to get extra roomates ^^;  I'm just hoping the guy who's rooming with me doesn't flake and can get his friend to come with...

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Ligers-mane

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hello, my name is Celeste Hansen and I am currently looking for a room for myself and quite possibly my elder brother. I am 19, female, human... that can be questionable some days when I get up. Hehe. Honestly though, I'm a highly laid back person who's easy to get along and prefers to sleep on the floor than a bed. Seriously. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drug, etc. My brother is 24, will have just gotten out of the Navy a few weeks before the con, is quiet, tall, and loves Starcraft. Inpromtu DoTA parties would be epic!

Oh, not that it's totally pertinant to this, but you can check out my art at http://ligers-mane.deviantart.com or check out my facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=546009204.
+ Hotel Information: We're coming in on Thursday and leaving Monday, pretty much the regular deal.
+ Requirements: Nothing special. I'd love to have wireless internet, but that's not a deal breaker. We're both fine with co-ed or segregated rooms.
+ Contact: You can contact me at [email protected]
+ Miscellaneous: This is the first con that my brother will have been able to go to since he entered the Navy, so we're both really stoked about going to this one together. Needless to say, we're both great roommates who are respectful and get along easily with others.

Sidi

Roommates Wanted: Brace for Epic

+ Introduction:Hey. You don't know me yet. I'm Nick Williams. Nice to meet you.

I've been going to Fanime for too long now, and just recently turned 21. I live in Davis, and attend UCD for BioMed.
I'm going to Fanime with a couple of my guy friends, and believe me we're bringing the fun to FUNIME....  :P
So my mother just bought a condo in a place called http://www.palmvalleyapts.com/ (Click on it, and melt away in the music of awesome)

One of the perks of living here, is you get to rent out a "Mom and Pops" apartment on the completely other side of the resort.
Here's where you're important, me and the guys are staying in this:

2 Bedroom, huge living room, 2 bathroom (Showers and stuff, one even has a jacuzzi tub) Fridge and kitchen and AWESOME place for FRIDAY and SATURDAY night.

Now the cost, is kinda steep at 150 a night, but if you consider how awesome it is, I would pay more.

It's a little out of the way, so we're looking for people with cars, or willing to ride in our cars.

So far, we've got 3 21-23 year old college students staying there. So the cost is already split, you would make it even cheaper.

REQ: Clean. This place isn't a hotel. This room represents my family, and i'd like to keep it as clean as possible.
       Alcohol friendly. We're guys, we drink and play video games. Jesus Christ.
       Ok with Russians.
       Loves loud music and parties.
       Good communicator, via text and whatnot.
       Ages 18-25 Please. And if you're under 21, you're not drinking. Period.
       Preferably Female. Or a very chill guy.

So, if you fit the criteria please don't be afraid. Email me.
[email protected]

Nick Williams
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=500355115

Edit: 150 a night for the room. 300 for both days, Friday night Saturday night.

That is the total cost that will be split, not for each person. Sorry for the mixup. xP

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

Hi I'm Miguel Gama, I'm 24 years old, I live in Hayward CA and this will be my third FanimeCon. I will be arriving Friday and leaving on Monday and I'm looking for 1 or 2 roommates (male or female, it doesn't matter) to split the cost of a room with.

Hotel Information: I'll be booking a room at the Fairmont this year, it's only 1 bed so I'll sleep on the couch or floor if you want the bed. I'll be arriving Friday and leaving Monday. It's about 90 bucks a night so with tax around 300 bucks. So I'm looking for someone to split that cost with so we can have more money for food, souvenirs, etc.

Requirements: Just someone chill and laid back who won't go through my stuff and won't thrash the room.

Contact Information: You can contact me via e-mail which is [email protected] or you can contact me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/miggymeista or call me at (510) 331-7917. If you have any other questions. Feel free to ask.

Edit: Disregard, no hotels are open to book right now.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

sweetxxalibi

Hello all!!!  I am looking for about 4 darlings to share my room at the Fairmont (C/I Thursday - C/O Monday) and would love it if anyone was interested?  

I'm 23, female, and don't mind coed so long as everyone is considerate of everyone else that will be in the room.  I will also be expecting payment for the room ahead of time, either by mail or by paypal - Been burned too many times by people dropping out or not showing up at all.  

Other than that, I'm more or less pretty easy going, have been more in to asian music than anime the past . . . several years *sweatdrop* . . but am trying to pick back up on that end of things.

So anyways, let me know if you want to join up and I'll get back to you immediately =(^ . ^)=

Thank you!!!
~Samantha

EStoller

Quote from: EStoller on February 18, 2010, 05:03:33 PM
Roommates Wanted:

Roomates Wanted:
My name is Eric, an 22 and a San Jose native. I am always cool calm and collective and friendly. I'd like to get a couple of roommates to share a hotel so i can spend more at Fanimecon. Im looking for 3 possibly 4 people to split cost. Dont belive in overcrowding rooms. looking for people male or female who don't smoke, or steal stuff. Bathing is a must and be generally clean.

The Hotel is the Hilton booked from Friday to Monday. Double Bed.

Cost for staying depending on how many people are in the room...probably $60-$80 the whole weekend.

More Info:
You can Contact me at [email protected]
http://www.myspace.com/greatkalamazo
or at aim: SpyEnnX
or message me

still need one or two persons pm or email

EJAY420

I am still looking for ONE MORE person to split the cost of the room with   Dan_Hibiki and myself.

Arriving:       Friday, May 28, 2010
Departing:     Monday, May 31, 2010
Hotel Choice:     The Fairmont San Jose

I already booked a room at the Fairmont Hotel. From Friday  to Monday. If anyone needs a room get at me. My name is E.J. I'm a 31 year old adult. I've been to so many Fanimecons since I was in my teens. Be respectful. Please be over 21. I will be smoking and lite drinking. If this bothers u, dont reply.

From Friday May 28th to Monday May 31
100 bucks for all nights.
I AM LOOKING FOR ONE MORE PERSON. I ONLY WANT 3 IN THE ROOM. 4 IS KINDA PUSHING IT!
Female or Male, it doesnt matter. Just be clean, honest and dont take shit that doesnt belong to you.

www.facebook.com/ejay420
www.myspace.com/ej_king_of_games

UPDATE: 04/20/2010:  I am LOOKING for ONE MORE roomie to  bunk with at FANIME 2010. So far it's Dan_Hibiki and EJAY420 (me). I am trying to find one more person to split the bill with.
Most Impressive.

Runewitt

looking for room, all nights if possible, or thurs-satnight if not. willing to bring sleeping bag and crash on the floor if its a decent price.

about me: 23/m/ dont care about smoking or drinking. i might do it or i might not. possible cosplay that wont take up much room, otherwise just looking for a place to sleep,shower and store my stuff. friend me on facebook, i dont use AIM much now.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000157308716
or e-mail me [email protected]
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.