Program Guide 2010

Started by cassz, May 27, 2009, 03:30:12 PM

cassz

This was my first time at Fanime, so I don't know what past program guides have been like.  This year's was great; however, would it be possible to include the time/place under the descriptions?  I found it tedious to go back and forth through the pocket guide.  Thanks!

darkknightcecil

this year program
was the bets
i dont remember
last years

derivan

Quote from: cassz on May 27, 2009, 03:30:12 PM
This was my first time at Fanime, so I don't know what past program guides have been like.  This year's was great; however, would it be possible to include the time/place under the descriptions?  I found it tedious to go back and forth through the pocket guide.  Thanks!

I'm sure our publications team thanks you for the compliment!  Regarding time/place under the descriptions though is like trying to hit a moving bullet with a blow dart.  One major problem is that our program guides are printed by a 3rd party vendor.  We usually have to get them the completed guide weeks/months in advance.  Unfortunately, during that time, things can change with programming.  To a certain degree, it is similar to the pocket guides this year.  I believe I heard of situations where the pocket schedule didn't 100% match with what the actual time/location of programming was, this is due to issues that arise last minute that we wouldn't know about thus having to deviate from the listed schedule (although, I believe, the pocket schedule required less print time than the program guide.  Don't quote me on that though.)