Don't know where to ask this question

Started by YCWANG, May 27, 2009, 07:53:07 PM

YCWANG

I'm wondering, that this is a anime convention, yes?
If so, is it just anime or is there western stuff as well?

Dagger-6

It is primarily geared toward anime and japanese developed video games.

There are people wearing costumes from western games, comics, and movies that show up.  You definitely won't feel too out of place if you're more interested in western media.  While the panels and video rooms are mostly japanese or asian themed, there's still plenty to see and look at that will catch your interest if you like video games, comics, etc.  While not as much as say...comic-con or other cons in that vein, Fanime would still be a fun time.

I know, because I watch a ridiculously small amount of anime for someone who attends an anime convention. =P

chifunii

I noticed while at the con, there was a dealer in the Dealer's Hall that had all the western comic books (from Marvel, etc.)...although I didn't see many people looking at their stuff, since most of the con-goers went for the anime/manga...Makes me feel sad...That they were all lonely-looking.

>.> But yes, they do have western comic-related stuff there. Just keep your eyes peeled. xD
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Yuu

Star wars cosplayers will just have to keep invading every con in existence until us pathetic nerds finally realize that we are inferior.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

elley

I noticed that dealer too! I picked up volume 11 of Fables from Vertigo there. They were pretty nice.

YCWANG

ok, thanks guys, since i plan to have a booth with my friends at artists alley next year, i wanted to know.  I don't usually draw anime fanart, so i was wondering if i had to start looking up Hetalia or whatever it was called
T.T my friends are all anime fans...

PoisonFish

One of my friends attempted to do a Dr. Who cosplay. I say attempted because he decided his suit was to hot and only went out in it for a few hours.

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: Yuu on May 27, 2009, 08:23:03 PM

Star wars cosplayers will just have to keep invading every con in existence until us pathetic nerds finally realize that we are inferior.

And Riddick, and Master Chief, and Predators, and WOW addicts, and Sims, and......etc

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

outcast

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 28, 2009, 10:12:41 AM
Quote from: Yuu on May 27, 2009, 08:23:03 PM

And Riddick, and Master Chief, and Predators, and WOW addicts, and Sims, and......etc

And a couple of Trekies. It is not an odd thing seeing people dress like superheroes. Some were wearing your typical Halloween costume.

Dracil

There were also Team Fortress 2 people.  Best photo was of the lone blue scout vs. the entire red team.

I've always said that Halloween is just American cosplay to my friends who don't get anime conventions.

narutofan17

Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!