You think that the protesters will return next year. (2010)

Started by G.I.R, May 28, 2009, 12:35:23 PM

Liquid

The current idea is to ignore them. From what I heard, the SJ Police informed us that that group does that for every large event at the SJCC. Basically, those protestors want your attention. By providing that to them, they win and we make their trip and time worthwhile. Consider them Fanime's trolls. Everyone should know... do not feed the trolls. :-\

Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

otakuapprentice

Personally, as long as they don't physically get in my face and bother me, then I don't have a problem with them.

Once that changes, then we have a problem.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Liquid on October 19, 2009, 06:06:42 PM
The current idea is to ignore them. From what I heard, the SJ Police informed us that that group does that for every large event at the SJCC. Basically, those protestors want your attention. By providing that to them, they win and we make their trip and time worthwhile. Consider them Fanime's trolls. Everyone should know... do not feed the trolls. :-\

I feed trolls as long as they entertain me.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on October 19, 2009, 07:48:48 PM

Same

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JohnnyAR on October 19, 2009, 08:02:02 PM

Same
Good Johnny, good.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

G.I.R

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on October 19, 2009, 11:09:26 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on October 19, 2009, 08:02:02 PM

Same
Good Johnny, good.
I say "Bring it!"  ;D

Liquid

But....if you ignore trolls....they go away. I'd rather them just go away and guard a bridge someplace. =\
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

deonchan

I agree with Tyler.

It's best to leave them be. Rather than having to get SJPD and Rovers involved EVERY YEAR >.<
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Liquid

Not to mention causing tons of safety problems for passing pedestrians and also for cars coming and going in the loading and unloading zone.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

narutofan17

Dude. You should make that sign and just stand in front of them with it so people know not to talk to them. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

G.I.R

Quote from: Liquid on October 20, 2009, 01:06:16 PM
But....if you ignore trolls....they go away. I'd rather them just go away and guard a bridge someplace. =\
The only way they won't stay is if there is no audience for them.  Ignore them if you want, but that won't shut them up.

ewu

the point is not to get them to shut up but for YOU not to get involved. If you don't engage them, the "discussion" won't have any opportunity to escalate to something that will take SJCC and fanime resources away from where they may be needed.

if there is any potential for conflict or even if you are merely blocking traffic, rovers and SJPD need to be there. That's one less rover to stop people from cutting in front of you in the reg line or any line for that matter, to stop that shoplifter in the dealers room, to call and direct medical personnel to an emergency on the concourse, and to keep that creepy glomper off the cute cosplayer wearing too little....

Any of those people could be you. Rovers and SJPD are here to help you. Although, I don't think TC_X0_Lt_0X or G.I.R look appealing in anything particularly reveling.....

have fun @ fanime, but don't be stupid and put other people in danger....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

narutofan17

I like that. Let the higher ups deal with the problem s if the protester take things too far. Don't be a vigilante and do something about them. That's only going to worsen the situation.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: ewu on October 21, 2009, 06:38:42 AM
the point is not to get them to shut up but for YOU not to get involved. If you don't engage them, the "discussion" won't have any opportunity to escalate to something that will take SJCC and fanime resources away from where they may be needed.

if there is any potential for conflict or even if you are merely blocking traffic, rovers and SJPD need to be there. That's one less rover to stop people from cutting in front of you in the reg line or any line for that matter, to stop that shoplifter in the dealers room, to call and direct medical personnel to an emergency on the concourse, and to keep that creepy glomper off the cute cosplayer wearing too little....

Any of those people could be you. Rovers and SJPD are here to help you. Although, I don't think TC_X0_Lt_0X or G.I.R look appealing in anything particularly reveling.....

have fun @ fanime, but don't be stupid and put other people in danger....

How can you say that about me ewu when I have a Avatar like that   :-*

:o Oh wait my Avatar is of a Loli  :-\

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shinsengumi

Someone should cosplay as chaos from dissidia. I wonder what they'll say about that lol.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.