You think that the protesters will return next year. (2010)

Started by G.I.R, May 28, 2009, 12:35:23 PM

G.I.R

If I make it next year, and they show up, I want to have a sign that says:
Jesus Christ

It's a lion!

Dagger-6

I want to bring a giant screen that shows a picture of an empty sidewalk and put it up so it blocks the view of the bus stop from the convention center.

And yeah, they'll probably be back.

Dracil

Of course they'll be back, you peeps give them so much attention to feed their narcissism.  :D

Someone should print this sign though.

Piccahoe

Just ignore them and they'll go away.

There was a nice suggestion about putting "do not feed the trolls (bears)" on the handouts that they give you. It might help a bit but then again...people just like bugging the crap out of them.
"Its not that I'm smart, its because I (am able to) stick to the problems."

-Albert Einstein

rylos

They're fun to fuck with and it's hilarious to watch people feed the trolls. I, personally, hope they come back since I find it entertaining. Feel sorry for the Rovers though and I hope the whole protest/counter-protest thing never becomes violent.

vanillashakes

They more or less will return. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. But I heard that they got arrested and were banned from coming around during any anime cons in the future?

Dagger-6

They were not arrested or banned to my knowledge.

The police presence on Saturday was there to break up the crowds because they were blocking the sidewalk, and that was it.

Mister_E

They will come back if they came back this year they will come back next year.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

narutofan17

I can't believe they came out not once but twice this year. It was an epic battle between the protesters and anime fans.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

narutofan17

I'm glad the Jesus cosplayer came back this year. XD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Piichuu

They'll be coming to Fanime until the end of time.
[/size]
2011 Cosplays -
Mijumaru/Oshawott (Pokemon B/W)
Team Rocket Grunt (Pokemon)

Possibly Red Scout (TF2)

narutofan17

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

ShiftyGirl

Now what were they protesting exactly?I wanted to go down and try to talk with on eof them but by the time we got downstairs they were gone... :(

Do they not like anime in general or is it Yaoi/Yuri? I mean... there has to be something specific.

Dracil

They aren't really protesting.  It's just that you provide them an audience.

Stormfalcon

It was their idea of proselytism.  They saw themselves as witnessing to us, albeit in a fire-and-brimstone manner.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

G.I.R

Quote from: ShiftyGirl on May 29, 2009, 07:58:41 PM
Now what were they protesting exactly?I wanted to go down and try to talk with on eof them but by the time we got downstairs they were gone... :(

Do they not like anime in general or is it Yaoi/Yuri? I mean... there has to be something specific.

Depends.  What have you got?

From what I saw in the videos, they claim to know that everyone is a sinner, and God hates everyone for one reason or another.
They seemed more interested in preaching hate and intolerance than anything else.  The Videos are worth watching to see "Bull-horn Guy" turn several shades of purple.

edendreams

Me and my friends snagged pictures of their car on monday they parked over by camera 12 I'll try to post some later on

a little art by me ^-^

JTchinoy

They preach at SJSU.  Pretty much eating chips is a sin, breathing is a sin, taking up earth's nutrients is a sin.  Yeah.
My friend growled at them once, they didn't have a retort.  :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

BrightHeart76

OK..here's the most ridiculous plan I've heard that might just work.

First we need a bunch of REALLY calm people who will not respond when they are verbally attacked.  We need those people to be willing to give up their Saturday morning inside the con.  Last we need some people to volunteer to bring them food / water and to sit in for them if they need to use the bathroom or what not.

Early Saturday morning, before the "witnesses" show up, these people (in cosplay or not) need to just fill up the little island that the "witnesses" like to use, and I mean COMPLETELY fill it in, no room for the "witnesses" to push in.  Sing songs, do dances, have a cosplay gathering, have a picnic.  Whatever.  Just be there, be peaceful and be filling the space before the jerks can take it over. 

The "witnesses" can be there and yell at us all because it is a public place, so we have just as much right to be there.  It'll be hard for them to find another place to "witness" that will interupt the convention and not get them in trouble for blocking the sidewalk. Nearest I can figure they'd have to go to the park and "witness" to the guy chasing squirels (if you were at the Naruto picnic you know who I mean).

The thing we have to be careful of is that we do not say or do anything to provoke the "witnesses" when they arrive.   If they demand that the people on the island move, simply answer "no".  If they do anything physical to try to make people move simply call the police and report it...not shove back.   If we did something like this to cut them off at the knees we would HAVE to maintain a moral and legal higher ground...that's why we need well behaved and calmly reacting people on the island.

I don't know...just an idea.   Peaceful solutions are so much better than yelling and getting angry at the religiously underdeveloped "witnesses" every year.  At least in my mind.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.