DO NOT WANT

Started by ichigocorcor, May 28, 2009, 12:55:35 PM

chris-barstow

If you're looking fro something cheap that'll, feed you, and keep filled with energy. I've learned from my older sister(starving collage student) that you can go to Cosco(any store selling large amounts of product) you can get a 2 gallons of milk, 2 giant jugs of peanut butter and lots of bread for like $11. This will take up space but you can also sell people some cheap meals(unless you have like 10 sandwiches a day, you'll have plenty) Also maybe get some vitamins for a extra boost.

otakuya

You're in luck. There's a new Safeway store ("The Market") that just opened in downtown SJ, 3 blocks from the convention center.

caskaslyrk

I personally would not recommend to bring food with you to Fanime, most hotel rooms do not have a microwave!  Last year, while aimlessly wandering around downtown San Jose I can across a crepe place!  Delicious and cheap!  If your going to bring your own food you better stick with non-refrigerated items.  I swear if you even open the door for the fridge in the hotel you get charged...LOL  :P

Glitch

Might be a stupid question, but when cooking with the george forman grill in your room, is there anything you can do(besides leaving the windows open) to keep the smokes detectors from going off? I like being prepared for anything as always.

caskaslyrk

Quote from: Glitch on December 17, 2009, 01:14:41 PM
Might be a stupid question, but when cooking with the george forman grill in your room, is there anything you can do(besides leaving the windows open) to keep the smokes detectors from going off? I like being prepared for anything as always.
a fan??? you can also use an old notebook or something to fan the smoke when it is coming up!

PyronIkari

Uh, I don't suggest using a george foreman grill in your hotel room. IF YOU INSIST ON DOING IT do it in the bathroom.

Mizuki

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 18, 2009, 01:19:55 AM

Uh, I don't suggest using a george foreman grill in your hotel room. IF YOU INSIST ON DOING IT do it in the bathroom.

I don't even suggest using a George Foreman grill inside of a building...

Glitch

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 18, 2009, 01:19:55 AM

Yes I insist and you can't stop me!!!!!

But seriously I noticed a few other posts mentioning bringing the grill and thought somebody else figured a way to cook without turning the hotel room into a beef scented sauna. I don't mind eating sandwiches like every other fanime but cooked meat without breaking the wallet sounded nice.

PyronIkari

I say this once more. If you are going to Fanime, and you can't afford to EAT PROPERLY... you shouldn't be going to Fanime.

Seriously. Think of it this way. You decide to take a vacation, and you go to Hawaii. Are you going to be bringing a George Foreman Grill with you, and buying meat to cook in your hotel room while in Hawaii to save money? Or buying a box of instant ramen when you take that trip to Paris?

Seriously... I mean, saving money is a good idea, but if you can't eat properly nor afford to eat properly, your money shouldn't be going towards a hotel room and a convention.

ewu

OK....this thread has gone all over the place. Be pointed and pick a descriptive topic title and make a new thread.

and be smart and healthy, don be stupid

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom