Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2010!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 28, 2009, 10:24:06 PM

lyricaldanichan

Oh wow, yeah that would be nice to have them come out. The only way is to bring Yoko Kanno + The Seatbelts out. Good suggestion!

Quote from: Liquid on June 08, 2009, 02:24:43 PM
I still would like Scott Matthew or Steve Conte, but I doubt they would wanna come out here from New York. Plus, Steve is busy with the New York Dolls.

On top of that, they probably wouldn't have the means to perform their popular anime songs as they should be. Although, they'd probably be able to make some decent sales off of their own albums if anyone even knows who they are.

PyronIkari

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on June 08, 2009, 05:27:16 PM
There are a lot of people (including myself) who can't come to the city because they play in the middle of the week and are from out of town (2-4 hours).

Since the demand for them has died down, they wouldn't be that hard to get. fanimecon would be perfect since people can take the time off and enjoy them play. I would like to see them and The Noodles play at fanimecon, but hey that is just me.

And I say this every time. Why would you spend a huge part of the budget because "YOU" or a "SMALL GROUP" of people can't see the pillows the some odd 10 times they've played in the Bay Area in the past 5 years. "Sure you guys have had multiple opportunities to see this group, but since you didn't, instead of getting someone new we will spend money to get this group to you, screw everyone else that COULD go to their shows, and probably went to MULTIPLE shows they did in the US, because a few people couldn't ask for a day off work on any of the concerts, some of which being friday night, and they are more important than you."

I'd understand it, if the group actually cared more, have had done something for anime more recently, or that if they only did maybe like... 1 show in the bay area. Really there's no reasoning behind it though. The Pillows are pretty washed up. No one cares about them anymore in Japan, and no one has for about 4 years. The only songs most people in the US know of, are their FLCL songs. They've done a lot of concerts all over the US, and many of them were in San Francisco, which is anything but far from Fanime. Chances are, they will do more shows in the City as well. Atleast other cons have the reasoning of "they've never played in this area before" when they spend a good amount of their budget attempting to get the pillows. And the Pillows aren't cheap, easy to get, probably, but not cheap.

It's like this on every con forum though, everyone always suggests the pillows, a pretty much washed up band, that were good for a while... but are now resorting to mostly concerts in the US to make it. Just wait a few months... they'll play another show in the city... ask for work off, and see them then.

Enkai

As far as Japanese Seiyuu--

If you could get Jouji Nakata, I would be one very happy fangirl.  I may be alone in this sentiment, however.

lyricaldanichan

Getting time off isn't always a available option. Washed up or not, people still like them.

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 08, 2009, 07:22:01 PM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on June 08, 2009, 05:27:16 PM
There are a lot of people (including myself) who can't come to the city because they play in the middle of the week and are from out of town (2-4 hours).

Since the demand for them has died down, they wouldn't be that hard to get. fanimecon would be perfect since people can take the time off and enjoy them play. I would like to see them and The Noodles play at fanimecon, but hey that is just me.

And I say this every time. Why would you spend a huge part of the budget because "YOU" or a "SMALL GROUP" of people can't see the pillows the some odd 10 times they've played in the Bay Area in the past 5 years. "Sure you guys have had multiple opportunities to see this group, but since you didn't, instead of getting someone new we will spend money to get this group to you, screw everyone else that COULD go to their shows, and probably went to MULTIPLE shows they did in the US, because a few people couldn't ask for a day off work on any of the concerts, some of which being friday night, and they are more important than you."

I'd understand it, if the group actually cared more, have had done something for anime more recently, or that if they only did maybe like... 1 show in the bay area. Really there's no reasoning behind it though. The Pillows are pretty washed up. No one cares about them anymore in Japan, and no one has for about 4 years. The only songs most people in the US know of, are their FLCL songs. They've done a lot of concerts all over the US, and many of them were in San Francisco, which is anything but far from Fanime. Chances are, they will do more shows in the City as well. Atleast other cons have the reasoning of "they've never played in this area before" when they spend a good amount of their budget attempting to get the pillows. And the Pillows aren't cheap, easy to get, probably, but not cheap.

It's like this on every con forum though, everyone always suggests the pillows, a pretty much washed up band, that were good for a while... but are now resorting to mostly concerts in the US to make it. Just wait a few months... they'll play another show in the city... ask for work off, and see them then.

PyronIkari

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on June 08, 2009, 09:31:21 PM
Getting time off isn't always a available option. Washed up or not, people still like them.

Then sucks to be you... to miss... 10+ shows in the past 5 years. It doesn't change the fact that everything I said was true.

lyricaldanichan

That is your opinion, Mr. Pham. Touche. Let's get back on topic about guests that attendees
would like to see in 2010.

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 08, 2009, 10:50:31 PM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on June 08, 2009, 09:31:21 PM

Then sucks to be you... to miss... 10+ shows in the past 5 years. It doesn't change the fact that everything I said was true.

dealerJason

If I may chime in folks,
I said this on the Momoi forum, but I feel it needs to be said here.  If you, the fan, want to help us, here is the leg work our GR team requires:

1. Will the guest be interactive?
2. Is the guest a fan of the industry?
3. Will the guest reach a wide variety of fans?

If yes is the answer to each of these questions, then we would certainly consider your ideas.  Some of the big names I have seen mentioned would certainly not fit in with the kind of guest we are looking for.  Fanime is seeking to give its fans a very different experience than any other con.  By following the above guidelines for our guests, we hope to accomplish this every year.

Please be confident that our GR team is here, reading, and listening to your serious ideas.  Fanime is your show after all, but you share it with 15,000 others. 

Thanks for your time and passion folks, it is what makes this show great!

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

Meirin

Bring Perfume. They totally fit the questions you asked.

1. They are REALLY into call backs and stuff during their concerts. One of the most fun parts of their lives seems to be the fan interaction.

2. They have had a lot of early exposure on the ANIMAX channel, and did collab with Momoi previously afterall. Nocchi is a big manga otaku and the "cutesy & girly" Kashiyuka likes JoJo's Bizzare Adventure. What's not to like?

3. The beauty of their music is that it's techno-pop. Both techno audiophiles, and pop fans, love their music. That being said, they're one of the most popular names in Japanese music today. Their taste is infective. Many of the members of a Perfume forum I frequent are also anime fans, but there are plenty of non-anime fans as well.

On the offhand, they are SO much better than Morning Musume. They re-define the label of "idols".
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

SimaSeph

I vote for Kyle Hebert. He has a long list of anime and video games under his belt and can reach a wide array of audiences from all types of series. He is very interactive and does his best to write back to all fans who send him mail or e-mail and even prefers to be contacted directly for booking appearances. He is also a fan of the industry as shown by his very own Big Bald Broadcast. A podcast about all things geeky. And lets face it folks. We're geeks.
Fanime 2010: Sima Yi, Sergei Dragunov, and Sephiroth.
A man's life is but 50 years. It is but a dream - an illusion in the great order of things. None given life in this world can escape destruction.

Mantaray3000

Rie Kugimiya she's very well known to many anime fans, interactive and obviously loves her job.

ZweiFateheart

Quote from: Mantaray3000 on June 13, 2009, 02:24:40 PM
Rie Kugimiya she's very well known to many anime fans, interactive and obviously loves her job.
Second that

My other choice would be Maaya Sakamoto. Both of the are seiryu and singers so she would cover music fest too.

oc3anofdr3ams

As a die hard Yu Yu Hakusho fan, I would love to see Chuck Huber and Justin Cook.

:3  They seem to be the more avid con goers of the four mains, Chuck especially; Chris Sabat and John Burgmeier rarely seem to attend conventions at all.  So I don't feel that they meet the criteria.  (Even though I personally would love to meet them anyway.)

EDIT::  Whoops!  Turn out, Sabat actually attends tons of conventions, so maybe him too!  XD  Let's see if he'll shout, "It's over 9000!!!" for us.  XD  Dang it, why can't Burgmeier go to conventions, Kurama's my favorite!  D:

Chuck Huber has a legion of fans called "Chuck's Donuts" who hold Donut Panels at whatever convention they happen to gather at. Which seems to be more in the Middle East of the country, so whether or not one could be held at Fanime, I don't know.  However he's got a looooooooooooot of experience under his belt as a voice actor and I think he'd be a great guest for Fanime.

And Justin Cook!  ADR Engineer of FUNimation!  Need I say more?  o.o  And if both Justin and Chuck come they can have a panel at the same time, seeing as how they know each other.  So that would also save time, and make for a great Q&A panel experience as well.  :3

mDuo13

Most of the seiyuu and music types I really want to see are so big time that I would be pretty dubious of their making it. Perhaps Yuki Kajiura/Kalafina/FictionJuanction would be possible - she was at Anime Boston this past year during Fanime - but then again, maybe not. I would be shocked if Yoko Kanno made came to Fanime, being as she makes very few public appearances to begin with.

Voices such as Kugimiya Rie, Noto Mamiko, Sakamoto Maaya, Wakamoto Norio and Nakata George... even Makino Yui and Nakajima Megumi. I really wish we had a chance of getting them. I guess it's worth mentioning on the rare chance it could happen. But I'm not holding out hope.

As for a more realistic one, how about Nomico? She's done endings for Moe-tan and Akikan! and some vocals for Touhou songs. That's a solid, if budding, resume IMO.

Then there are bands like Last Alliance - they were a good band to begin with, and they got an Ouran ED and Real Drive, plus they do the OP in the new Hajime no Ippo series, too.

marisuga

For musicfest I would really love to see Nana Mizuki but I doubt that would happen ^^; I would absolutely love it if she could come though!

Seiyuu wise either Kenichi Suzumura and Yoshinori Fujita or Todd Haberkorn and Greg Ayres (the japanese or english voice actors for the twins in Ouran <3)

KyraEnsui

I would love to see Kondou Takashi. <3 Love him more recently because he voices Hibari Kyoya from Reborn!.

grimmjow925

Abingdon Boys School/T.M. Revolution
KOTOKO
JAM Project
FLOW

marisuga

I know I already put in my suggestion, but I'd really also like to see Ayabie at Music Fest :D Once again, it may be a stretch but I would love fanime forever if they got ayabie ><

Kazuko

I really want this band to come (I ask for them like every year lol)

Plastic Tree:
They have graced the oricon charts a couple of times, they are very interactive (the vocalist ryutaro talks with the audience and always asks the fans to cheer for an encore also plays arround by sometimes saying "everyone lets play together!"). They have a new single that came out called Fukuro that was also used for the ED of the show "Count Down document byou yomi". They have an easy listening sound that can reach many fans since their sound is always changing. from dark stuff to pop Also their other song Namida Drop was used for the Garasu no kantai ending. They have always said in interviews that they really want to do tours outside of Japan and Europe and not to mention they are otaku themselves.

Them coming to fanimecon would make my year~

xXunyuuXx

ELDEMONIO

How about any former Power Rangers like Tommy or Kim?>_>

and I wanna see Wendee Lee. She's a legend in voice and direction.

And Some of the old Digimon voice actor.