Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2010!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 28, 2009, 10:24:06 PM

Nina Star 9

Err... the adding a new exclamation point every year thing is getting a bit ridiculous, isn't it?

Same as always. Guests you would like to see for next year. Please keep it realistic, but posting dream guests is okay (it might be better to say "I doubt it will ever happen, but my dream guest is..." rather than going "I WANT GACKT AND MANA AND AYUMI HAMASAKI AND UTADA AND THAT GUY WHO CREATED NARUTO AND AND AND.... OR ELSE I WON'T GO TO THE CON!!!!1111," since that's a bit annoying, as you can see).

I still say we open up more genres for MusicFest! JiLL-Decoy association did some anime music (Red Garden, Blue Dragon) and are totally awesome. Paris Match = <3, as well. haha, not that either of these guests would really draw out much of a crowd, but we really do need some jazz at MF one of these years. I can dream, right? ;P

(I'm not suggestiong Amano Tsukiko as I always do because she's retired now... unless we get her out here as a visual artist rather than a music artist, in which case I would be totally happy, but really... never going to happen.)

heeroyuy135

Seriously, bring DJ Shadow. He's a Bay Area native (born in San Jose), and it would be awesome to hear his style of music and sampling.
Also bring back Halko Momoi!

GokuMew2

I'd like to see more seiyuu.

And it may just be because of the epic Pokemon masquerade skit that I'm feeling nostalgic, but I'd love to see Billy Crawford sing the Pokemon Theme live. ;D
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

obliviousedward

...Still going for Scott McNeil. XD  (If only in my dreams...!)
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

darkknightcecil

KyraEnsui

Quote from: GokuMew2 on May 29, 2009, 12:36:34 AM

And it may just be because of the epic Pokemon masquerade skit that I'm feeling nostalgic, but I'd love to see Billy Crawford sing the Pokemon Theme live. ;D

I second this too. :D

Mantaray3000

Since I've already posted my list for japanese guests that I want I'll post the american guests I want here and that is the one and only Mark Hamill. The Joker FTW! Kevin Conroy would be a good choice too and getting Billy West would be awesome and he might not be hard to get since he went to numerous anime conventions before the latest being Broward Anime Festival.

Haruka

Naoko Takeuchi or Yu Watase and Ayano Yamane
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

PyronIkari

Billy Herrington...

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

GachiMuchi 4 lyfe

Kazuko

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 31, 2009, 10:57:11 PM
Billy Herrington...

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

GachiMuchi 4 lyfe
HELL YEAH \o/ but only if he brings his Billy Herrington Figmas to sell/autograph along as well

koji

JiiiWiz

lllORZ ah....I wish all of the voice actors from Ouran High School Host Club would come, Maaya Sakamoto (Haruhi), Mamoru Miyano (Tamaki), Masaya Matsukaze (Kyouya), Kenichi Suzumura (Hikaru), Yoshinori Fujita (Kaoru), Ayaka Saito (Honey), and Daisuke Kirii (Mori). But I doubt they would even come to the U.S. especially fanime D: even Kokoro Kikuchi can not make it -sighs- hopes and dreams...

But anyways....if the original japanese cast cant show (doubt it anyway) then the English voice actors! Realistic enough hahaha :P
And Blake Shepard XD....or Quinton Flynn...
"Please don't.."

chifunii

Still going to ask for

alice nine.

or SID. :D I'm so obsessed with them lately... >.> Must be unhealthy
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: KyraEnsui on May 29, 2009, 08:29:31 AM

I third this. Though I'd prefer japanese seiyuu.

Anyone from the cast of Soul Eater or Vampire Princess Miyu would be cool. Or guests from the animation companies. X3

How about a mangaka? It has been awhile since we had one out.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

lyricaldanichan

I agree about the getting mangaka. Just need to find one that is available and not doing weeklies and out of reach.

I would love to see Moyoco Anno as a guest, but I don't think too many people are familiar with
her works besides Happy Mania and maybe Sugar Sugar Rune.

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on June 07, 2009, 08:05:53 PM
Quote from: KyraEnsui on May 29, 2009, 08:29:31 AM

I third this. Though I'd prefer japanese seiyuu.

Anyone from the cast of Soul Eater or Vampire Princess Miyu would be cool. Or guests from the animation companies. X3

How about a mangaka? It has been awhile since we had one out.

Lucifargundam

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Lucifargundam on June 08, 2009, 01:37:43 AM
The Pillows. Enough said.

To hell with the Pillows. Seriously. The only reason any one in the US really knows them is because of FLCL(which in all honesty is some of their worse songs outside of Funny Bunny). Why would you want the pillows to come to fanime? Seriously. They do like 9832u9832983259843 shows in the City already, you can see them for like 1/4 the price of fanime badge admission. Seeing that they already DO PAYING SHOWS in the US, they would actually cost a decent amount to bring here (I know this for a fact since every con always talks about wanting to get them). Almost everyone I know that likes the pillows has been to at least one of their concerts, have gotten pictures with the band members, and even got to talk to them for a bit.

So why would you want the pillows to come to Fanime? Just wait for them to do another concert in the City and go see them then.

Liquid

I still would like Scott Matthew or Steve Conte, but I doubt they would wanna come out here from New York. Plus, Steve is busy with the New York Dolls.

On top of that, they probably wouldn't have the means to perform their popular anime songs as they should be. Although, they'd probably be able to make some decent sales off of their own albums if anyone even knows who they are.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

lyricaldanichan

There are a lot of people (including myself) who can't come to the city because they play in the middle of the week and are from out of town (2-4 hours).

Since the demand for them has died down, they wouldn't be that hard to get. fanimecon would be perfect since people can take the time off and enjoy them play. I would like to see them and The Noodles play at fanimecon, but hey that is just me.

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 08, 2009, 01:23:21 PM
Quote from: Lucifargundam on June 08, 2009, 01:37:43 AM
The Pillows. Enough said.

To hell with the Pillows. Seriously. The only reason any one in the US really knows them is because of FLCL(which in all honesty is some of their worse songs outside of Funny Bunny). Why would you want the pillows to come to fanime? Seriously. They do like 9832u9832983259843 shows in the City already, you can see them for like 1/4 the price of fanime badge admission. Seeing that they already DO PAYING SHOWS in the US, they would actually cost a decent amount to bring here (I know this for a fact since every con always talks about wanting to get them). Almost everyone I know that likes the pillows has been to at least one of their concerts, have gotten pictures with the band members, and even got to talk to them for a bit.

So why would you want the pillows to come to Fanime? Just wait for them to do another concert in the City and go see them then.