Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2010!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 28, 2009, 10:24:06 PM

Sen

Making this for someone *cough*Antonio*cough*
Alodia and Ashley Gosengfiao. Two very awesome cosplayers and pretty decent photographers.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Tsu

Quote from: BloodRayne on November 01, 2009, 01:57:22 AM
I hope I'm posting in the right forum, I messed up last time...actually..I messed up twice..I think.  :-\

Anyways

Here's my list:

D.C. Douglas
Roger Craig Smith
Alyson Court
Paul Mercier

Seconded.  As far as I know, D.C. has yet to get any convention limelight time.  With the Alternate/Gold edition coming out in February and March, the hype would coincide pretty nicely with the convention.  Any other RE folk would be great, too, mocap, VA or otherwise.  The thing I like about having game folk at the con is that they're immediately involved with the original process, like JP voice actors.  It's really exciting to meet someone who made the game come to life.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

DudeINeedSleep

I also would love to see Alodia and Ashley Goseignfiao as guests.

Henade

Hello everyone!

This is my first post, hopefully it is in the correct area!
I work for a Jrock promotion company based in the US who markets and promotes Jrock and Visual Kei bands in Japan.
I currently manage a Jpop band who is interested in playing at FanimeCon 2010, but I have had no luck reaching anyone in charge.
If anyone could help me reach the correct person, it would be appreciated!

Thank you!
~Henade
Kanzen ni Jrock CEO & Co-founder
http://kanzennijrock.net

PyronIkari

Quote from: Henade on December 02, 2009, 08:49:12 PM
Hello everyone!

This is my first post, hopefully it is in the correct area!
I work for a Jrock promotion company based in the US who markets and promotes Jrock and Visual Kei bands in Japan.
I currently manage a Jpop band who is interested in playing at FanimeCon 2010, but I have had no luck reaching anyone in charge.
If anyone could help me reach the correct person, it would be appreciated!

Thank you!
~Henade
Kanzen ni Jrock CEO & Co-founder
http://kanzennijrock.net

Excuse me if I have this wrong, but I'm going off your wording. You work for a promotion company based in the US but promotes in Japan? I don't understand why you would promote in Japan when you're based in America.

K', here's the second part I don't understand. If you work for a JRock promoting company, why are you managing a Jpop group? I mean, wouldn't you manage a group in the same vein?

ANYWAYS... [email protected] is who you're looking for.

Henade

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 02, 2009, 09:47:38 PM

ANYWAYS... [email protected] is who you're looking for.

Thank you for the email, it's much appreciated!

~Henade

geomiyo

Any or some or all of these would be super special awesome. (Some of these are repeats but the more the merrier, right?)

Singers/Seiyuu: May'n, Megumi Nakajima, Aya Hirano, and Nana Mizuki

English VAs: Monica Rial, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Caitlin Glass, Laura Bailey, Luci Christian, Dan Green, Chuck Huber, Vic Mignogna, Greg Ayres, Crispin Freeman, Wendee Lee, Brina Palencia, Todd Haberkorn, Cynthia Cranz, and probably more that I can't think of right now

Abridgers: hbi2k, littlekuriboh (and KROZE), vegeta3986 (8639) and masakoX(treme), lanipator, kaiserneko, takahata101, ZeroMaster (MegamanAbridged), NoWacking, and megami33 and the SMA crew

Mangaka: no one in particular comes to mind at the moment, but there are a lot of ones that would be great to see (my dream would be Eiichiro Oda, but that would never happen, ever D:)

Yeah, that's a lot... and I'll probably think of more and post again later...

ultimatejunmaster

Okay! I know parents might flip out on the idea that I will present!

So I thought that there would be those who wants to 'prove' that they can stand up to the character they cosplay. In terms of costumes and stuff, they can probably pull off the character. However, the combat skills are not shown as much.

To get to the point! A Boxing Ring where cosplayers can duke it out with the fighting style of their character.

The initial name for it will be: The Fanime Battle-Thon!

We might want to have local MMA fighters to be the referees of the matches. (Frank Shamrock, Cung Le, Josh Thompson, etc.)

Everyone is required to bring paddings and other safety gears.

Some of the rules:
1) Everyone get 3 rounds each. To win each round, you need 10 points. 1 points= Punch or a hand-strike to the stomach, 2 points= Leg strike to the stomach, 3 points= High kick to the head, 4 points= A successfully executed throw, 5 points= Executing a "Special Move"
2) A "Special Move" is the Character's Special Attack that is stopped at least 3 inches before the helmet or the chest plate. If the opponent does not notice the move in three seconds, then 5 points will be rewarded for perfect execution.
3) For any characters with weapons, they must use some safer version of it. (Nerf Sword, Water Balloon, Frisbee, etc.) All the ways to get points with weapons will be acquired the same way as without weapons.

The rest is up for discussion!
Nan-Da-Yo?!

Kazuko

Quote from: ultimatejunmaster on December 05, 2009, 09:51:13 PM

So I thought that there would be those who wants to 'prove' that they can stand up to the character they cosplay. In terms of costumes and stuff, they can probably pull off the character. However, the combat skills are not shown as much.

To get to the point! A Boxing Ring where cosplayers can duke it out with the fighting style of their character.

We might want to have local MMA fighters to be the referees of the matches. (Frank Shamrock, Cung Le, Josh Thompson, etc.)

Some of the rules:
1) Everyone get 3 rounds each. To win each round, you need 10 points. 1 points= Punch or a hand-strike to the stomach, 2 points= Leg strike to the stomach, 3 points= High kick to the head, 4 points= A successfully executed throw, 5 points= Executing a "Special Move"
2) A "Special Move" is the Character's Special Attack that is stopped at least 3 inches before the helmet or the chest plate. If the opponent does not notice the move in three seconds, then 5 points will be rewarded for perfect execution.
3) For any characters with weapons, they must use some safer version of it. (Nerf Sword, Water Balloon, Frisbee, etc.) All the ways to get points with weapons will be acquired the same way as without weapons.

I don't know about you but this SCREAMS liability IMO just because you might have safety gear or whatever it doesn't mean people can still sue fanime for it and they could get shut down. No one wants that do they?

otakuapprentice

A Boxing Ring where cosplayers can duke it out with the fighting style of their character.
NO.

*adds this to the grand pile of bad ideas*
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

The only mangaka I ask for you to bring to Fanime 2010 is Karuho Shiina she wrote the most popular Manga and anime Kimi ni Todoke and also other works like Crazy for you. I dont know if she will be able to travel since she has a kid with her but shes someone I really would love to meet. Especially for her work on KimiTodo ; ;

Mizuki

Some of the rules:

There was a thread like this awhile back.

N O

Not only parents would flip, I'm sure anyone with a working brain would. Do you have ANY idea how that is NOT going to work? Other than possible lawsuits up the kazoo, and other insane things that would have to be pushed, this will never happen. Just because you have safety gear does not mean it's safe. I've sparred before with safety gear, and have knocked out an opponent once (not on purpose) while not using excessive force. I'm sure if you actually have experience in this kind of stuff then you would understand.

ADORABLEAZN06

seriously i hope we have some better guest this year. in the past 5 years, i want completely satisfied with all the guest we have. it will be fantastically amazing if we have some awesome seiyuu guests.
maybe im asking too much. all the awesome guest who only goes to animeexpo and otakon.
sigh

PyronIkari

Quote from: ADORABLEAZN06 on December 24, 2009, 12:08:55 PM
seriously i hope we have some better guest this year. in the past 5 years, i want completely satisfied with all the guest we have. it will be fantastically amazing if we have some awesome seiyuu guests.
maybe im asking too much. all the awesome guest who only goes to animeexpo and otakon.
sigh

First...

seriously i hope we have some better guest this year. The past 5 years, i was completely unsatisfied with all the guest that were at Fanime. It will be fantastically amazing to have some awesome seiyuu guests.
Maybe I'm asking too much. All the awesome guest only go to animeexpo and otakon.
:::sigh:::

Now that it's actually readable.

Simple, then don't go to Fanime.

First, you don't list anyone as to who you think a "good guest" would be. Then you talk down fanime, and compare it to Anime Expo in terms of guest. Off the top of my head, the ONLY AX "seiyuu" that AX and Otakon got that were note worthy were the Haruhi 3. Of which, most people don't care about Hirano Aya anymore. And was evident from the panel, no one gave a damn about the other two (which is laughable).

Major VA's? Halko Momoi was a guest at fanime last year. Queen of Akiba, and one of the most well known seiyuu today. Besides that, she is doing huge things for the music industry and the anime culture in general.

So I ask, who would be a "good guest" in your opinion.

Secret though, it's HARD for any US convention to get JP seiyuu, and realistically, there's no real reason for them to. JP Seiyuu are small pulls to conventions compared to US VA's and musical guests.

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 24, 2009, 08:37:26 PM
sigh

First...

seriously i hope we have some better guest this year. The past 5 years, i was completely unsatisfied with all the guest that were at Fanime. It will be fantastically amazing to have some awesome seiyuu guests.
Maybe I'm asking too much. All the awesome guest only go to animeexpo and otakon.
:::sigh:::

Now that it's actually readable.

Simple, then don't go to Fanime.

First, you don't list anyone as to who you think a "good guest" would be. Then you talk down fanime, and compare it to Anime Expo in terms of guest. Off the top of my head, the ONLY AX "seiyuu" that AX and Otakon got that were note worthy were the Haruhi 3. Of which, most people don't care about Hirano Aya anymore. And was evident from the panel, no one gave a damn about the other two (which is laughable).

Major VA's? Halko Momoi was a guest at fanime last year. Queen of Akiba, and one of the most well known seiyuu today. Besides that, she is doing huge things for the music industry and the anime culture in general.

So I ask, who would be a "good guest" in your opinion.

Secret though, it's HARD for any US convention to get JP seiyuu, and realistically, there's no real reason for them to. JP Seiyuu are small pulls to conventions compared to US VA's and musical guests.

Ok I know this is could to open a literal can of worms here but what I take from the person's post is this: They don't like the seiyuu/JPN VA choices just due to not knowing or not caring for JPN VAs and would be fine with ENG VAs.

The only reason I say a "can of worms" is due to the whole dub vs sub/JPN VAs vs ENG VAs stuff that tend to arise. I mean this is just me but..... honestly I wouldn't really care all that much for JPN VAs just because I don't feel a need to be pulled into a series just because "soandso" is doing a voice.

Granted I'm probably in a very small minority in not caring much, if at all, at which character is voicing who (as long as it doesn't sound ridiculous), but just being glad or satisfied at seeing an anime that pulls interest from the viewer.

I know I'm probably going to get some hate/flak from people but when did anime viewers/fans need to be so........"elitists" when it comes to voices and only wanting JPN VAs?

Mantaray3000

bahamutknightzero

From my perspective, I think it just stems from the fact of how bigger Fanimecon has gotten over the years that many people (including myself) tend wonder why hasn't Fanime gotten more well known seiyuus when comparing it to other anime cons that do have them such as Anime Expo, Otakon, and Animazement (when I said well known I meant those that have been in the business for many years.) Also, it depends on personal taste. Some people prefer Japanese VAs over American VAs not to mention there are many people in the west who are fans of certain seiyuus. The same applies to American voice actors.

PyronIkari

To both bahamut and Manta.

Okay, now you're opening a whole slew of questions and you're inserting your opinion over the base of the whole.

Sub vs. Dub is stupid... in general, because those are two opinions of taste. As for "well known seiyuu" that's once more, a question of opinion.

Mantaray: You don't list who you think is "well known seiyuu" because frankly, I, as well as most of Japan, would probably disagree as to who you think "well known seiyuu" are. I've gone to every AX in the past... 11 years, and once more I will repeat, they have not gotten any really well known "seiyuu" in terms of "american" standards. Even music guests are questionable. Kotoko's panel was pretty small. Momoi's panel was TINY. The only group (i repeat) that got a good sized audience was the SOS group. And really, no one really knew anyone's name except or Hirano Aya. So please tell me who are these "well known seiyuu" that other cons are getting, that fanime should be getting.

Now for fun personal stuff that has nothing to do with conventions. Most VA's are busy. Most "well-known" seiyuu are even more busy with things like radio shows, voice work, and other things pertaining to their job. A certain VA who is personal friends with a friend of mine talked to her about how trips overseas for something like this are really unheard of because it's unrealistic. Unless a US company that has rights to an anime wants to put up money for promotion, there's really 0 reason for a VA to come to the US. I.E. the SOS-dan and Bandai throwing down hella money to bring them to AX for promotion of Haruhi's US release. Note though, that they only brought the girls, and not the male characters, this was on purpose.

And the big thing. Comparing numbers. JP guests get ROUGHLY about half the amount of attendees at their panels than US VA's. Because the majority of convention fans watch anime dubbed, and local releases, over JP releases and R2 DVD's. The majority of anime fans, follow US releases, and aren't up to date with JP releases and VA's.

So you can suggest all the JP VA's you want, and if it's possible, Fanime will try to get them, but chances are, fanime, and every other convention won't be able to get them.

But again, list people you want, and I'd be able to tell you the realistic reasonings as to why they probably won't be able to come, even if AX or Otakon asked them to.

Mantaray3000

PyronIkari

I never listed anyone as a "well known seiyuu" (because people have their own opinions on who is one) and yes, I'm aware the chances of even getting one is slim but there's always a chance for one isn't there? As for guests I never had any problem on who fanime gets I just tried to answer bahamut's question.

Now for a personal question: Since you've been attending AX for a long time, I've always wondered. Do you remember how big/small Maaya Sakamoto's panel and concert was at AX05?

PyronIkari

Quote from: Mantaray3000 on January 02, 2010, 12:35:33 PM
PyronIkari

I never listed anyone as a "well known seiyuu" (because people have their own opinions on who is one) and yes, I'm aware the chances of even getting one is slim but there's always a chance for one isn't there? As for guests I never had any problem on who fanime gets I just tried to answer bahamut's question.

Now for a personal question: Since you've been attending AX for a long time, I've always wondered. Do you remember how big/small Maaya Sakamoto's panel and concert was at AX05?

Yes, it was rather small actually. It didn't fill a standard sized room(It had about the same amount of attendees as Kotoko's Panel). Her concert had a good turn out(again, about the size of Kotoko's concert). But the panel itself was small compared to almost and US VA's panel turn out.

boumii

For Music Fest, I would like to see Plastic Tree << They're a pretty humble J-rock band, and have never played in the US before.
It would also be interesting if Jero (Enka singer) shows up. He seems interesting.