Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2010!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 28, 2009, 10:24:06 PM

EJAY420

FLOW, ORANGE RANGE, WHOEVER....as long as it rocks.
Most Impressive.

PyronIkari

Quote from: boumii on January 08, 2010, 07:42:43 PM
For Music Fest, I would like to see Plastic Tree << They're a pretty humble J-rock band, and have never played in the US before.
It would also be interesting if Jero (Enka singer) shows up. He seems interesting.

Jero gets paid bank to perform anywhere in the world, there is 0 chance fanime or any con could afford him.

Persona

Absolutely no chance ever, especially this year due to her Tokyo Jihen tour: Shiina Ringo
In all seriousness though, I am sure that any SR fan anywhere in the US would pay major bank to go to a concert here; she'd probably be harder to book than to pay.

& Mika Ninagawa: she directed Sakuran and works as a photographer.

& Takashi Miike (Yatterman)

Second Moyoco Anno, anyone from TGWTG (Nostalgia Chick is, I think, at USC, though something in me tells me that she's in NYC right now) especially NCritic and Linkara, and David Tennant.

Tony

Quote from: Persona on January 12, 2010, 08:40:35 PM
Absolutely no chance ever, especially this year due to her Tokyo Jihen tour: Shiina Ringo
*shrug* Sony said, regarding An Cafe, quote - "That's not happening."  ;D

Quote...she'd probably be harder to book than to pay.
That's usually the problem. Why plan a con in the US when fans are clamoring for you to play domestically for 10x the people and 20x the cash?
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Glitch

Fanime should bring in the guys from the totally rad show.
http://www.totallyradshow.com
I can just imagine how cool it would be to see those guys at fanime.

Persona

Quote from: Tony on January 13, 2010, 09:32:02 AM
That's usually the problem. Why plan a con in the US when fans are clamoring for you to play domestically for 10x the people and 20x the cash?

I agree, and I don't want to be naively optimistic, but Shiina Ringo herself sometimes favors smaller venues over larger ones, so it's not entirely a lost cause.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Persona on January 14, 2010, 10:37:35 PM

I agree, and I don't want to be naively optimistic, but Shiina Ringo herself sometimes favors smaller venues over larger ones, so it's not entirely a lost cause.
While this is true, Fanime is not the kind of venue she favors. She likes... small club like scenes, not a bunch of random nerds in an open hall.

slifertheskydragon

please invite some NY-based VAs, or actually some are based in LA... ummm

I would like to see

Marc Diraison (sonic in sonic X, Guts in beserk, kiryu in yugioh 5d's)
http://www.hamylet.com/index/Home.html

Mike Pollack (eggman in sonic X, beast in the Astonishing X-men)
http://www.itsamike.com

Gregory Abbey (Yusei in yugioh 5d's, Tristan in yugioh)
http://www.gregoryabbey.com/

Persona

You got me there, but again, I wasn't overly optimistic in the first place. Ah well, my request/suggestions for the more likely, stateside candidates still stand.

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 15, 2010, 11:47:51 AM
Quote from: Persona on January 14, 2010, 10:37:35 PM

While this is true, Fanime is not the kind of venue she favors. She likes... small club like scenes, not a bunch of random nerds in an open hall.

ashimada

For musical guests, I say we bring in HANGRY & ANGRY.
Their music has the upbeat-ish type rock that corresponds well with anime, and they're an Indies group thus far.
Plus, they've already hit up Anime Expo and Sakura-con, so obviously bringing them into a convention successfully is possible.

They may also be able to do something to promote the fashion line, maybe work with a panelist, especially now that we have the first brand Gothic & Lolita shops open in San Francisco (Baby the Stars Shine Bright and Black Peace Now). Because personally, I thought last year's Lolita panel was horrendous and hope that if we have anything similiar this year it may be able to do Japanese fashion a little justice.
Alisa S.
Panels Head '15
FanimeCon 09-15

Kazuko

Quote from: achoin on January 19, 2010, 10:58:15 PM
For musical guests, I say we bring in HANGRY & ANGRY.
Their music has the upbeat-ish type rock that corresponds well with anime, and they're an Indies group thus far.
Plus, they've already hit up Anime Expo and Sakura-con, so obviously bringing them into a convention successfully is possible.

They may also be able to do something to promote the fashion line, maybe work with a panelist, especially now that we have the first brand Gothic & Lolita shops open in San Francisco (Baby the Stars Shine Bright and Black Peace Now). Because personally, I thought last year's Lolita panel was horrendous and hope that if we have anything similiar this year it may be able to do Japanese fashion a little justice.
Im sorry what? How in what way was it horrendous? As a co-host to the Intro lolita panel and fashion show I feel like that is insulting to me and my fellow panelists as well as the models. We all worked hard on that panel, people volunteered their time and even some of their clothes to make our fashion show a success . I am sorry if you were expecting big lights, high end super awesome BURANDO and being pro model. This panel was made by people who loved lolita fashion so much that they wanted to share it with others. I never claimed to be an expert and neither did any of the others.

Also What does HANGRY & ANGRY have to do with lolita fashion? If anything they are more punk/H.NAOTO kids imo

Also Having a super awesome brand designer would be nice to have a panel but they would only discuss their brand not the entire lolita fashion and its many walks of life.

SukebeStudios

I say I want Vic Mignogna! Who's with me!?!?

Kamen Rider Tag

I'd like Patricia Ja Lee to come back, personally.  Outside of that...

- Johnny Yong Bosch
- Laura Bailey
- Nolan North (probably next to impossible, but it'd be awesome to see the dude behind Nathan Drake's voice)
- Steve Burton (English voice of Cloud)

Nothing else comes to mind at the moment.  I'd say Vic Mignogna and Crispin Freeman, but I've seen Crispin at AX already and Vic's slated to come to Tucson in March; I'll probably catch him there.

And concerning the G4 thing, I'd pretty much be against the idea.  Although it'd be nice to see someone like Kevin or Alison Haislip there, they'll pretty much be doing one of three things (if not all three at once): snark, gawk, and mock.  They'd pretty much alienate themselves from the rest of the con if they showed up IMO.

-EDIT-
Vertexguy, aka Chris Kline.  I'd say get him; he's pretty awesome.

PyronIkari

Knightfire

Peter Cullen. That would be my Dream ;D
Starting work for Fanime 2011

The Duck

Reuben Langdon-He's Been there before and he's always welcome each time
Dan Southworth-Ditto for him^^
Johnny Yong Bosch-Another Ditto

Possibly someone from The Escapist. I mean it would be pretty interesting to have some guys from some of their shows doing a panel and whatnot.

I remember some guys from Newgrounds were there last year, I hope more popular people come there this year cause I'd love to see the real popular Flash animators around. (Egoraptor is a choice...but that just crossed my mind really fast.)

And just some wishful thinking...Id love it if Ajikan came down here...it's just a wild dream of mine^^.
Smile for the sake that your really happy! That way you don't have to waste energy or my time faking it, OK?

heeroyuy135

Shoji Meguro - video game composer, works primarily with Megami Tensei titles (like the Persona sub-franchise series).

@ Kamen Rider Tag: I was talking to someone at ALA who works for Anime TV and one of their next major cons to attend is Fanime. I just hope they tape an episode at Fanime.

Touya no Miko

OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Team SilverHawk

Unfortunately, Dan Green won't be appearing in anymore Cons, so that's a bummer and a wish I won't have granted. Darn.

But I'd love to see other classic Yugioh VAs like Wayne Grayson, Eric Stuart, Tara Jayne, and even Jonathan Todd Ross. :)
"Check it out, RONI--It's three sevens!" -Dr. Gabriel Cunningham (Trauma Team)

explosive_artist

Matthew Patel - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life/Vs The World

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-