Hellsing Gathering 2011

Started by Rette, May 29, 2009, 11:32:34 AM

Direnkei

i am making a Schrödinger cosply ^^ i really want be part of the gathering they are soooo fun!
the only gathering i have is soul eater an is at Saturday. 12:30. a lot gatherings this year on sat i hear

Rette

Quote from: jazzyjailer on April 16, 2011, 04:58:21 PM
If anyone would like me to, I can bring my Schrodinger cosplay along~?

It'd be awesome if you came! =D

I think we have more of Millennium than we do Hellsing this year! o.0

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

AR710

Not to be picky, but you put me down as Rip instead of Girlycard in the first post ^^;
Fanime 2013 cosplays:
-Boa Hancock (One Piece)
-Arukenimon (Digimon 02)
-Mulan
-Jinora (Legend of Korra)
-Persian gijinka (Pokemon)

CaptainLiHellsing

I am also bringing a Heinkel, Yumie, and Andersen with me :D
Fanime 2013 Planned Cosplays:
Fanime Theme (Romantic Vampire)
Lana Kane (Archer)
Snow White (Once Upon a Time)
Rarity (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Asami (Legend of Korra)

Rette

Quote from: AR710 on April 17, 2011, 12:56:40 AM
Not to be picky, but you put me down as Rip instead of Girlycard in the first post ^^;

Oops! Sorry!! >.< Fixed it.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Rette

So does Saturday at 3 sound good to everyone?

CaptainLiHellsing

Fanime 2013 Planned Cosplays:
Fanime Theme (Romantic Vampire)
Lana Kane (Archer)
Snow White (Once Upon a Time)
Rarity (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Asami (Legend of Korra)

AR710

Fanime 2013 cosplays:
-Boa Hancock (One Piece)
-Arukenimon (Digimon 02)
-Mulan
-Jinora (Legend of Korra)
-Persian gijinka (Pokemon)

Rette

Update: We're on the list for 3:00 PM on Saturday!

catterfly

Although I myself am not dressing as a Hellsing character, I'm bringing a Captain with me, and will direct him to you. ::::)

Rette

Quote from: catterfly on May 22, 2011, 01:29:52 PM
Although I myself am not dressing as a Hellsing character, I'm bringing a Captain with me, and will direct him to you. ::::)

Awesome! Thank you very much! ^_^

lady_tomoko

I actually might be bringing my Integra back again this year instead of Rip. But do to time constraint, not sure if I can make it to the gathering >.< I'll try!

MisterLoki

Put me down as Schrodinger! I just finished the cosplay and I'll definitely be there ( :

HappyHeretic

I will try to come as either Jan of Alucard... I haven't Made up my mind yet

zeroelement

The attendance to this Event was amazing. But the pairing and other things lacked big time. So much possible almost nothing used.
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

PsychicPsycho

Actually, I don't see how that's a valid complaint, as the organizer was taking requests and trying to accommodate everyone. If you had something you wanted to see or do, you should have spoken up.

Personally, my main complaint was that the photographers were pushing the gathering to start way too early. I showed up at exactly 3:05 (late, but only by minutes), and I missed a significant chunk of it.

Also, I don't mean to call anyone out, and I won't name names or cosplays, but there was one cosplayer who was INCREDIBLY rude. She complained the whole time about how the organizer was "taking over the gathering" and went up to one of my friends and told her that her cosplay was hideous and wrong and she should take it off and never wear it again. This is not okay. Constructive criticism is great, but one should never go up to a fellow cosplayer and blatantly insult their hard work and dedication. Bitching can be done in private, there's no reason to be malicious.

zeroelement

Quote from: PsychicPsycho on May 30, 2011, 10:17:51 PM
Actually, I don't see how that's a valid complaint, as the organizer was taking requests and trying to accommodate everyone. If you had something you wanted to see or do, you should have spoken up.

Personally, my main complaint was that the photographers were pushing the gathering to start way too early. I showed up at exactly 3:05 (late, but only by minutes), and I missed a significant chunk of it.

Also, I don't mean to call anyone out, and I won't name names or cosplays, but there was one cosplayer who was INCREDIBLY rude. She complained the whole time about how the organizer was "taking over the gathering" and went up to one of my friends and told her that her cosplay was hideous and wrong and she should take it off and never wear it again. This is not okay. Constructive criticism is great, but one should never go up to a fellow cosplayer and blatantly insult their hard work and dedication. Bitching can be done in private, there's no reason to be malicious.
I didn't see that part but i saw some people trying to ask for some things and the organizer ignored them.

Rette

I would like to offer my sincere apologies to those who didn't get to do a photo they wanted. I tried to facilitate every suggestion I heard. I was not intentionally ignoring anyone. =(

zeroelement

Quote from: Rette on May 30, 2011, 10:52:30 PM
I would like to offer my sincere apologies to those who didn't get to do a photo they wanted. I tried to facilitate every suggestion I heard. I was not intentionally ignoring anyone. =(
Ah its wasn't a big problem im just wording things wrong. Normally when that many cosplayers get together they go OVER the time. I personally loved the event and was running to and from it from the cosplay battles. Maybe next time ask for suggestion here and bring a list. My main goal was to say there should of been more pairing and photo ops. (might of sounded mean because im fighting mean guys who i think are just trolling saying yoko cosplay shouldn't be done (it was so 2008 kinda thing) that maid cafe was bad stupid wrong ripoff wants a refund and more service people shouldnt buy cosplays  cant sew cant cosplay bla bla bla )

PsychicPsycho

There was actually plenty of asking for suggestions on the organizer's part. There were a lot of moments in between shots where she stood there and repeatedly asked for suggestions, and people went quiet before someone just jumped in and went for it. Again, if people had requests, they should have either spoken up, jumped in, or, if they genuinely thought they were being ignored, they could've gone up to the organizer and said something. I know a couple people who weren't being heard, so they went up to her and said, "I WANT THIS SHOT" and were accommodated. There was also the Schrodinger photobombing that took place towards the end because they wanted more shots.

(Please note: I don't mean to sound snippy at all, and if I do, it's simply post-con exhaustion. I'm just saying that for future reference, if anyone is at a gathering - any gathering - and has a request, don't be afraid to speak up or jump into the spotlight. There's no point in staying silent and then complaining about missed opportunities. ^^)

And also, I'm sorry you're having to deal with people bitching about "too many of x cosplayers." People can cosplay whoever they want, don't listen to them. ^^ Also, as they say, don't feed the trolls, lol.