Gintama Gathering 2010

Started by Mirai Noah, May 29, 2009, 05:05:47 PM

Mirai Noah

Next year let's have an official gathering!

GINTAMA 2010 OFFICIAL GATHERING

When: After the Shounen Jump Gathering
Where: Fountains in Front, Hilton Side in the Shade
Time: After the Shounen Jump Gathering

Please be advised that Fanime staff will be taking photos of the group and if cosplayers do not wish to be in them to step aside. If you stay then you are giving consent to be photographed.

Yorozuya:

Sakata Gintoki
Kagura
Shimura Shinpachi: Hirotona, quantbits

Shimura Otae: Mirai Noah
Otsuu
Otose
Catherine
Hasegawa Taizo
Yagyuu Kyuubei: yamaneko

Shisengumi:

Kondo Isao
Hijikata Toshirou: iKuraudo
Okita Sougo: ghprimo
Yamazaki Sagaru

Joui:

Katsura Kataro
Elizabeth
Sakamoto Tatsuma
Takasugi Shinsuke

Oniwabanshu:

Sarutobi Ayame (Sa-chan): Persephone
Zenzo Hattori: BunofGovt

Hirotona

I'll go as Shinpachi, if I can break my cosplay malaise before then that is.

... umm I think my friend (the organizer of last year's gathering) would probably like to go as Kyubei still, but I'm not completely sure of it. She should have it though at least next time around.

Mirai Noah

Okay, cool! :D It would be awesome to have a Shinpachi and a Kyubei (especially for me since I'm Otae)! :D

Hirotona

Yeah we really were trying to cast around for an Otae to, and we ended up having one (you) but ended up not deciding on a time (well we did, but neither of us got around to reconfirming it). I should have just reconfirmed the old time really, but oh well. It gives me time to work on finding a wig (for some odd reason I thought he had dark brown hair), a bokken (I think me and Yame were going to get one at the con actually but that didn't happen), a pair of sandals and maybe just do a re-fit/re-make of the costume in general, as it is a few years old already and could probably be a bit more snug fitting then it is. I should be meeting up with Yame fairly soon to, so I'll talk to her about the gathering and confirm what her plans might be.

I swear I'll try to at least attend one gathering and stick with it all the way through, I guess I'm pretty Gintoki-ish in a lot of ways haha : P

Is next year's really going to take place right after the WSJ gathering? I can kind of see how that would work out well, but I could argue that it also might be not such a wise idea. I'm not sure we should settle on a time right now until we have a wider consensus on what possible Gintama gathering goers plans are.

Mirai Noah

Hopefully everything works out and you guys can come to the gathering!

The suggestion of having the gathering right after the Shounen Jump Gathering comes from Persephone (she's one of my roommates, actually). I can understand that we might need to move it in order to accommodate everyone, since I do want everyone who wants to attend to be able to. I think it's too early to have a concrete time decided, though, and when other gatherings start deciding, then we can try and work around them, so that everyone can come. :)

Hirotona

Ah okay I figured as much. I was quite surprised to see even an estimate timewise that's all.

So none of the other improptu Gintama gathers besides you and your friend have confirmed going attending this gathering then I see?

quantbits

Shinpachi...

comission is being done AS WE SPEAK.

will make 2010 lol

Mirai Noah

Quote from: Hirotona on June 13, 2009, 07:23:59 PM
So none of the other improptu Gintama gathers besides you and your friend have confirmed going attending this gathering then I see?

Not that I know of. I think that's why Persephone suggested having it after the Shounen Jump gathering so that we could collect the Gintama cosplayers from that. We'll see, though. :)

Quote from: quantbits on June 14, 2009, 11:27:23 PM
Shinpachi...

comission is being done AS WE SPEAK.

will make 2010 lol

Woot! I'll mark you down for Shinpachi!

Hirotona

Well I hope they do soon, if they can of course that is : )

/waves at other Shinpachi

I wonder if anyone will do the school versions of the characters?

Persephone

THAT PICTURE IS AWESOME. YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE ME.

Which is a good thing. 8)

Mirai Noah

^ I can see you. Barely.

(And I remember picking this photo out together :P)

ghprimo

i'll be coming as Sougo Okita ;)

Mirai Noah

Quote from: ghprimo on September 27, 2009, 05:31:26 PM
i'll be coming as Sougo Okita ;)

Awesome! Adding you to the list! :)

Mirai Noah

*bump*

So figuring out a day and time... I was thinking that we could have it at 3:30pm on Sunday, after the Shounen Jump gathering. Being that we didn't have an official Gintama gathering last year, we gathered up the Gintama cosplayers from the Jump gathering and had an impromptu Gintama one afterward. We could go the same this year for Gintama cosplayers who go the Jump gathering but don't know about this one (plus we are always kidnap other Jump series cosplayers to pose with us ;)).

If this doesn't work for you guys, please do let me know and feel free offer other time suggestions. I want everyone who wants to come to be able to make it. :)

Persephone

kohana ichibana

I'll be attending as Sa-chan! :3

I just think i wont be able to get the wig in time D:
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

shirokiryuu

Ahhh... Good times. You guys were so awesome, and it was tons of fun!

But I'm not doing a Gintama cosplay this year  :'( I hope you guys get an awesome gathering this year!

Mirai Noah

kohana ichibana: Yay, I'll add you to the list!

shirokiryuu: Aww!  :'(

Also, just checking once more, is Sunday at 3:30pm good for everyone? I'd like to submit the time tomorrow. :)

iKuraudo

I hope I can remember to actually appear, but I'll be Hijikata for this one. :3

kohana ichibana

FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)