Your Hotel Questions & Answers

Started by KyraEnsui, May 30, 2009, 01:17:00 PM

KyraEnsui

To avoid the massive clutters of repeated questions, please post your questions here! Please check here first before opening up a new thread because most likely, your answers are here, but being worded differently.

Don't forget to check out Fanime's main page under Hotel page for better FAQs along with contact informations.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I check-in?
FanficGuru posted this nicely detailed thread: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12444.0.html. Please read this first so you can get the idea.

What is Hotel's security deposit?
This is one of the most repeated questions on this thread and I will make it clear and simple as possible. Hotels charges this security deposit for simple reasons: in case of any damages, stains, etc to their rooms and they can take it out from the deposit. Find out how much the hotel you're staying at how much they charge and add it to your bill. By end of check out, it will not be added to your bill at all. Just only for a hold during your stays.

When I book/reserve a room, will they charge me?
No. They will charge when you come to check-in.

What do I need to bring when I check-in?
A valid government-issued ID and the card you used to hold with.

How do I change my reservation?
If you booked your room online, you can change it from Fanime's reservation page or either give the call to CMR or email to Fanime Housing.

Thank you.

TokenBlackGuy

After you book your hotel through cmrhousing, how long until the payment for the room shows up in your bank records, and when does the hotel receive the information about your booked room.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

Moonblossom

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on February 09, 2010, 03:22:49 AM
After you book your hotel through cmrhousing, how long until the payment for the room shows up in your bank records, and when does the hotel receive the information about your booked room.

It won't show up until you check out of the hotel - you're charged at the end of your stay.

I didn't go to Fanime last year, but the two years prior it was about a week to ten days before the con that the info was transferred from CMR to the Hilton.

M

Quote from: Moonblossom on February 09, 2010, 06:06:51 AM

It won't show up until you check out of the hotel - you're charged at the end of your stay.

I didn't go to Fanime last year, but the two years prior it was about a week to ten days before the con that the info was transferred from CMR to the Hilton.
Please be aware that you will see a hold on your account that will be marked as "Pending" or "Temp" (depending on your account and financial institution. Although this is not a charge some banks will treat this as a charge and not allow you to use the funds that are being held.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: MPLe on February 10, 2010, 05:55:43 PM
Quote from: Moonblossom on February 09, 2010, 06:06:51 AM

Please be aware that you will see a hold on your account that will be marked as "Pending" or "Temp" (depending on your account and financial institution. Although this is not a charge some banks will treat this as a charge and not allow you to use the funds that are being held.

I second this. This has been my experience the last 5 years or so. As soon as you swipe the card that you are checking in with expect the room charge and deposit to be assessed immediately.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015