BW Ball Photos

Started by Rette, May 30, 2009, 10:30:34 PM

Rette

I recall there being a couple professional photographers running around the BW Ball. Does anyone know if/where these pictures have been uploaded? Thanks!

Also, feel free to post or link your own BW Ball photos here!

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Drk-X

I would like some of those too. I also wish for photographers to explicitly state whether or not reposting of their photos (mainly ones featuring ourselves or friends) on our own private galleries would be acceptable (Credit will be given of course).

OniCourseMusha

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/150352/

I had some picture of my waltzing and some other wonderful cosplayers and ladies on the first page.  Third page thats when i took pics of people during the B&W Ball.  Enjoy!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Eri Kagami

My photos / event review is still a work in progress, but I have video of the "Circus" demonstration up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ohG2YmSLM&feature=channel_page

boots01

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trooper715/sets/72157618977195143/

this was sent to us by Daniel, one of the rovers covering the ball.  thanks Daniel!
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

Dagger-6

Regarding reposting, please just let me know which photos you want to use, put in a little blurb of credit (unless it's one of my terrible photos =P ), and remember you can't use them for profit, selling, etc.  Just for personal enjoyment and sharing with friends. =)

<= Is Daniel, and you're welcome!  Hope you enjoy the pics!

Eri Kagami

Well, I do have a few on the ballroom dance section (as well as a write up):
http://scarlet-rhapsody.com/traveling/fanime2009/07.htm

jemz

Also, our Head of Photography is working on getting the photos up. So be patient! He's going through thousands of pictures right now. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Jerry

Quote from: jemz on June 02, 2009, 01:49:19 PM
Also, our Head of Photography is working on getting the photos up. So be patient! He's going through thousands of pictures right now. :D

So was there a semi official "B&W Ball" Photo op area?

again this idea might be a bit far fetched, but either using the Photo Dept Head [I know who he is] or maybe a professional hired person/team...

I wonder what the demmand would be if we were able to get them prints [say Polaroids or something similar] would be in a budget?
Just a random thought. :P 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Liquid

Quote from: Jerry on June 04, 2009, 04:04:14 PM

again this idea might be a bit far fetched, but either using the Photo Dept Head [I know who he is] or maybe a professional hired person/team...

I wonder what the demmand would be if we were able to get them prints [say Polaroids or something similar] would be in a budget?

Tony mentioned an idea of getting a photo booth, but your idea would allow easier pics for groups and such. And also full body pics instead of just mainly head shots.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Dagger-6

That would be easy to set up.  There was a bunch of black screens right next to the stairs...with a little work that could be a quick easy backdrop for people coming up the stairs to step aside to and get their picture taken.  I actually thought that was what they originally intended to do.

With a small budget that could probably be very easily be set up.

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: trooper715 on June 04, 2009, 09:19:53 PM
That would be easy to set up.  There was a bunch of black screens right next to the stairs...with a little work that could be a quick easy backdrop for people coming up the stairs to step aside to and get their picture taken.  I actually thought that was what they originally intended to do.

With a small budget that could probably be very easily be set up.
I like this idea too.  Looking forward to how its set up next year.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

jemz

Quote from: Jerry on June 04, 2009, 04:04:14 PM

That was one of the ideas that we wanted to do for 2009 but didn't fully come to fruition. It's being looked into for next year. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

darrenfhf

I had camera issues that night, and about 2/3 didn't turn out. Grrr.

The ones I did get are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/fhf-org/sets/72157619331600679/detail/