IRC Channel [old]

Started by Stythys, June 01, 2009, 11:45:31 AM

Stythys

"We should not be less than what we are."

Mizuki

Although it is a better medium of chatting, who the heck knows what IRC is if you're born past the AIM age? It looks complicated, and people will just throw the idea out the window quickly once they download it, even though it's simple.

If you do want to go on IRC on this channel, first download one of those clients (I personally use mIRC with NoNameScript addon) Type in your desired screen name, your email, real name (don't have to put your real name, up to you.) then on the server screen type in the command

/server irc.rizon.net

Once connected, you can type

/join #fanime

and viola, you're in. You can also register your nick, join other channels, join other servers, etc.

I hope this helps you new IRC people who are interested.

Stythys

remember you can also try the web interface I mentoned! It's actually quite nice and easy to use

Rhornez

meh no ones on #fanime i checked

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Stythys

well don't leave then! =P

atm four people are on. Just wait a bit

koji

Idle #Fanime@Rizon for your life depends on it!

Stythys

Alright, we had, like, 8-10 people on and really active for the entire evening. Moar people should people join! =D

outcast

some one tell the host to unban me. I cant join the chat.

Stythys

no one's been banned to my knowledge.

what's the exact error you're getting?

outcast

Quote from: Stythys on June 08, 2009, 09:36:19 PM
no one's been banned to my knowledge.

what's the exact error you're getting?

Banned Temporary K-line 7200 min and its saying my name is in use even though im not in the chat. seems im out of luck. well it was good talking to you guys last night

Stythys

whatever network you're a part of has been k-lined by rizon. nothing we can do about it

koji

were you using a proxy?

outcast

Quote from: koji on June 08, 2009, 09:55:17 PM
were you using a proxy?

no. its the same one that i was using last night.

otakuapprentice

Not trying to bring you down, but here is some history:

Normally we all have used AIM to do our messaging and whatnot, but the notion of IRC was brought up once, and some of the regulars on here gave it a shot.

Noted, it did seem a bit easier, but with the majority used to using AIM over IRC, plus the rest not actually having IRC, it was right back to using AIM. That is not to say that you can't bring it back, oh no; you might bring about the second coming of fanime IRC chats; for right now, I'll stick to my good ol' AIM.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Stythys

Well, you can use what you want, nobody really cares =P. The channel is getting much more active...there's no reason to take it down

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Stythys on June 08, 2009, 10:30:14 PM
Well, you can use what you want, nobody really cares =P. The channel is getting much more active...there's no reason to take it down
I'm not saying take it down; heck, if its getting bigger, then more power to you.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

lyricaldanichan

The AIM room kinda got annoying, but the IRC room is starting to work out. You should check it out and get the others to come as well.

Quote from: otakuapprentice on June 08, 2009, 10:14:07 PM
Not trying to bring you down, but here is some history:

Normally we all have used AIM to do our messaging and whatnot, but the notion of IRC was brought up once, and some of the regulars on here gave it a shot.

Noted, it did seem a bit easier, but with the majority used to using AIM over IRC, plus the rest not actually having IRC, it was right back to using AIM. That is not to say that you can't bring it back, oh no; you might bring about the second coming of fanime IRC chats; for right now, I'll stick to my good ol' AIM.

Stythys

aznmagic2015

Stythys

we've reached 15k lines of chat with just our small group! c'mon, moar people should join!!