Fanime Tips *Hosted by Stage Zero 2010

Started by The Dude, June 02, 2009, 11:16:55 PM

Touya no Miko

1.Do not believe you can survive on instant noodles alone. McDonald's is better than that stuff.

2. Do unto other as they would do unto you. (I'm talking to you, surprise glomping fangirls)

3. Always ask first before you hug someone or make some kind of physical contact

4. For the obsessive fans. Remember that cosplayers are only people in costumes, NOT THE REAL THING. I know a Zexion cosplayer from another con who had to retire her costume early, because these two fangirls kept pestering her about her character being their husband in their bad Mary-Sue fanfiction world. There was another case where a boy dumped his drink on a Namine cosplayer, saying her character was a whore. Stick with reality!

5. Bring a case of water with you. You will need it during Fanime's summer heat.

6. Bring Sunblock too.

7. If someone makes a rude remark about your cosplay, don't even give them a second glance

8. Bring an extra pair of comfortable shoes. Wearing the same sweaty shoes for 4 days straight can be tiring.

9. Do not camp out in your car. Try to get a hotel and room with your friends, or drive back and forth if your house isn't that far. Bunking in your car is not only uncomfortable, but also dangerous.

10. Try to avoid going outside the con in the middle of the night.

11. It's better to leave your other credit cards at home. And keep that extra hundred dollars for the dealers hall in the bank. (My friend spent a $1000 worth of stuff in there! I had to help pay for most of the hotel fee because of it)
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!