David Carradine dies at the age of 72

Started by Shinsengumi, June 04, 2009, 01:30:33 PM

Shinsengumi

Just found out that the Kill Bill and Kung Fu TV series star died from hanging himself

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525069,00.html
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

AnimeEmperor

BrightHeart76

I just heard about it.  I'm shocked.  I really hope it wasn't suicide.  Some people are saying it was, but people who were close to him are saying there's no way and that it was accidental. 

It's a sad day.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Jerry

initial speculations keep pointing at suicide... but im also hoping for natural causes.

minus the fact that his epic series the TV show known as "Kung Fu" was originally developed and made with the idea that Bruce Lee was going to be the lead character...

i wonder if an epic battle will ensue now that Mr. Carradine is where ever he is.

Course I think Bruce Lee would win hands down.  :P

Not that im bitter or anything.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Dragon Ninja

Really sad. I loved his roll as Clockwork in Danny Phantom. RIP

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Liquid

He was filming a movie in Thailand. Unsure why someone would suddenly kill themselves while filming a movie. It doesn't make sense.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

OniCourseMusha

Yeah I couldn't believe he died.  I used to remember watching the Kung Fu TV series and him playing Bill from Kill Bill.  Pretty sad.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

macaulayman

I agree that someone making a movie probably would hang them self in a closet. There are LOTS of much more fun ways to die there.

Mister_E

I just watched Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 two weeks ago, this is sad.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

AnimeEmperor

I'm going to go out and buy Kill Bill today, and then i'm going to watch it to remember him. I suggest other people do similar things. u.u;

Dagger-6

I'll pass.  Actors are great.  They bring fiction to life, are welcomed into our homes, and present us with a fantasy world that stretches our imaginations, so on so forth.  I'm not very eloquent.

But if you're going to remember anything this weekend, I suggest this:

maybe this guy (honestly I only know his life a smidgen more than I know about David Carradine)

and this

G.I.R

Dagger-6

Erotic asphyxiation...well at least that would explain the 'naked' part.  When I read he was found nude, my brain kind of did a double take there.

Oh well.  Hopefully in the coming weeks the circumstances around his death will be clarified.  But accident or suicide, it's still sad

Liquid

Explain the hands being tied behind the back.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Liquid on June 05, 2009, 03:52:55 PM

Exactly what I was going to say.  That's kinda tough to do by yourself.  Something tells me there's a lot more to this story.  It's sad that however he did die will overshadow how he lived his life for some time.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Dagger-6

Secret lover?

Or space aliens.

Take your pick.  I hate speculation.

Mister_E

I think it was Erotic asphyxiation I read there was a rope tied around his penis as well, maybe ir was a lover or a hooker or something.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Liquid

Quote from: trooper715 on June 05, 2009, 05:09:46 PM

Secret lover?

Or space aliens.

Take your pick.  I hate speculation.

I'm gonna go with C: Both.

His secret alien lover asked him to teach them Kung Fu. He declined due to his age limitations and also due to the fact that an eight armed kung fu master would be unstoppable. The alien was hurt by this, but David decided to attempt making it up to them by taking them to Thailand with him for his movie shoot.

David had been seeing some freaky stuff while being in Thailand and wanted to try some new things. David then suggested bondage sex to his alien lover. There was a misunderstanding about human bondage practices and also on required breathing passages. Now David is dead.

The alien is still out there....trying to find a kung fu master.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

Dragon Ninja

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on June 05, 2009, 10:14:41 AM
I'm going to go out and buy Kill Bill today, and then i'm going to watch it to remember him. I suggest other people do similar things. u.u;
I'll do that. I'll rent the Kill Bill movies and watch them to remember him.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW