Guren-hen - So what was Fanime's screening of the movie?

Started by heeroyuy135, June 04, 2009, 02:22:41 PM

heeroyuy135

Going into FanimeCon, there wasn't much hype around the premiere of the Gurren Lagann movie. I only found out through the program guide and the schedule - no one really reported on it.
But throw on some subtitles and show it at AX, and now everyone reports on it.
They make it seem that the movie is premiering in the United States at AX when it already did @ Fanime (without subtitles).

the otaku god

its ok. you know the truth and the rest of the fanimecon attendies and staffers. always know fanimecon is and will always be the best anime con in the country. viva FanimeCon!!
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

mDuo13

I watched approximately the first half of the movie. Unfortunately, I had to duck out at that point because of other obligations, but I didn't feel like I was missing a whole lot since it was mostly the same as the TV series, including Kobayashi Osamu's rather stylistically inconsistent episode 4 animation direction.

lyricaldanichan

It wasn't because Gainax didn't want to show it subbed, it was mostly because of Aniplex who has the
rights here in the US. Unfortunately AX will always get the first picks, but it was cool non the less that we got to see it raw and the documentary (which I wonder if that will be shown again lol)!

If I recall ANN did mention that we showed it, just not subbed. *shrug*