The next social forums Gathering ? ? ?

Started by Jerry, June 04, 2009, 04:19:48 PM

Jerry

So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, I was mostly working fanime and despite having fun helping out random attendee and what not and constantly having the "hey there!" [walk by hug or high five] and kept moving/rover-ing along I missed out on actually hanging out with ppl from fanime. epic fail.

So I figure the next best thing would be to figure out when, where or what anyone whats to do for the next fanime board gathering for all you social peeps out there.

Suspi has a good handful of people who haven't picked up forum badges that he made so I randomly threw out an idea of somehow getting all together in one spot and hang out like the fanime nerds we are...

So what do you guys think?

Here's the standard ideas:

Mall / Movie Gathering -
hang out, randomly shop, make fun of an epically good or bad movie. goto the foodcourt, debate about anime and then take massive amounts of group pictures and/or embarassing pictures and videos of just ppl goofing around.

Location / Theme / Event Gathering -
based on a specific theme or event [cosplay obviously optional based on themes] again hang out, venture around for photo ops, again talk and debate amongst ourselves and again possible take pictures and what not.

House = Jerry's Place [or anyone else's home] Gathering
usually this is composed of massive amounts of snackage, gaming, drinks, and may also dash in a few board games, psp or Ds gaming, massive goofing off and sometimes the occasional group movie or hentai watching just for laughs. these usually may turn into overnight parties because some ppl party a bit *cough cough* too hard. :P

so debate, discuss and repeat as usual.

Here are some ideas from the top of my head- but of course I'm down for what majority votes say:

[Anyone's Birthday coming up] - Birthday party gatherings ?

Video games [party games or fighting game or epic releases ] gatherings ?

Santa Cruz Beach / Raging Waters gathering ?

Transformers Movie [releases 6.24.09] gathering ?

Rock band 2+ [dlc songs] party Rock out all day/night long! woots.

or who cares do we really need a reason to party gathering?
Course thats just me...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

otakuapprentice

Transformers movie gathering sounds like good fun.

I say we either have that, or another 'Game Night'; if we bring board games, they need to be ones we haven't already played the crap out of.

OR (and I'm just tossing this out there), we could have a Recession party. Its still the basic party, but we all chip in a bit o' cash, make a quick run to the Albertsons/Lucky down the street, and save Jerry some dough on catering.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

otakuya

I kinda miss gatherings like those. The con itself doesn't feel like a real "gathering" like how things used to be.

DentyneIce408

Where are you from Jerry? Like you I missed out on the gathering too. Movie gathering seems fun, but I usually watch on Mondays after new releases. I used to watch in AMC Eastridge but find people with bad manners; putting their feet up and talking. So, end up watching at Great Mall.
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

RyuHayabusa

@Jerry: I'm throwing a BBQ on the 20th of this month. anyone from the forums came to this and it will be something like a fanimecon after party at my house. It'll be a potluck as always and if anyone from the forums would like to come, please PM me for the house address, time and what will you be bringing to the potluck. I also posted it on my facebook as well.

a Transformers gathering sounds hella cool too, and we can do it the weekend after my BBQ. Have back to back gatherings lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Stythys

I would love to get together sometime, and would definitely help organize it.

My two top ideas would be kind of a social / board game night, which was mentioned above; basically a party at some one's house. The other would be a dinner gathering, where we'd all just go out to a local restaurant one night.
"We should not be less than what we are."

Suspicious

It will be late in the summer, but 9 is coming out on September 9th.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

Jerry

Quote from: Suspicious on June 05, 2009, 11:10:47 AM
It will be late in the summer, but 9 is coming out on September 9th.

Dont you mean district 9?

yah, all sorts of ppl are doing weird things for the 9.9.09 day, interesting gathering day, but its a wednesday and everyone will be in school by then >_<

HarpB

Have there been any previous "Santa Cruz Beach / Raging Waters gathering " ?

deonchan

Quote from: Jerry on June 04, 2009, 04:19:48 PM
So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, I was mostly working fanime and despite having fun helping out random attendee and what not and constantly having the "hey there!" [walk by hug or high five] and kept moving/rover-ing along I missed out on actually hanging out with ppl from fanime. epic fail.

So I figure the next best thing would be to figure out when, where or what anyone whats to do for the next fanime board gathering for all you social peeps out there.

Suspi has a good handful of people who haven't picked up forum badges that he made so I randomly threw out an idea of somehow getting all together in one spot and hang out like the fanime nerds we are...

So what do you guys think?

Here's the standard ideas:

Mall / Movie Gathering -
hang out, randomly shop, make fun of an epically good or bad movie. goto the foodcourt, debate about anime and then take massive amounts of group pictures and/or embarassing pictures and videos of just ppl goofing around.

Location / Theme / Event Gathering -
based on a specific theme or event [cosplay obviously optional based on themes] again hang out, venture around for photo ops, again talk and debate amongst ourselves and again possible take pictures and what not.

House = Jerry's Place [or anyone else's home] Gathering
usually this is composed of massive amounts of snackage, gaming, drinks, and may also dash in a few board games, psp or Ds gaming, massive goofing off and sometimes the occasional group movie or hentai watching just for laughs. these usually may turn into overnight parties because some ppl party a bit *cough cough* too hard. :P

so debate, discuss and repeat as usual.

Here are some ideas from the top of my head- but of course I'm down for what majority votes say:

[Anyone's Birthday coming up] - Birthday party gatherings ?

Video games [party games or fighting game or epic releases ] gatherings ?

Santa Cruz Beach / Raging Waters gathering ?

Transformers Movie [releases 6.24.09] gathering ?

Rock band 2+ [dlc songs] party Rock out all day/night long! woots.

or who cares do we really need a reason to party gathering?
Course thats just me...

I know of a certian party that's suppoed to go down @ a certian hotel (hoping Suite) in Stanford, CA on the 27th...

But if not enoght ppl come I mean hey =p
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Jerry

Quote from: daiphyer.com on June 05, 2009, 11:52:40 AM
Have there been any previous "Santa Cruz Beach / Raging Waters gathering " ?

Several.

I'm too lazy to post or find direct links, but all have been epic and probably somewhere in the "photo album" section of the forums now.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/board,48.0.html

or just search " Santa Cruz " or " Raging Waters "

and im sure you'll find several successful gatherings there. :P

HarpB

saw 2 threds, one of 2006 and another of 2007, but all of the pic links are long dead.

Dagger-6

QuoteI know of a certian party that's suppoed to go down @ a certian hotel (hoping Suite) in Stanford, CA on the 27th...

But if not enoght ppl come I mean hey =p

I'll be there.  8)

Runewitt

I might be able to offer my house for a game gathering sometime, possibly some time in july. we just got a big screen HD tv thats waiting to have something better than a sega genesis hooked up to it.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

zoupzuop2

I'd be down for another Raging Waters trip. I'll see if I can bring steaks this year again, too.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

outcast

Raging water sound like fun or going out to see the Transformers 2.

XpHoBiaX

I would really like to go hang with you guys. But I may not be able to do raging waters or anything like that.
Some medical issues came up, and I need to sorta slow down. At least until I know what's going on. Right now I am just feeling tired, cuz stuff hurts. And angry becuase I have to wait around.

I'd be up for a Movie night/house party/mall gathering. July would work best for me. I have a doctors' appoint on the 17th. I'll most likely be feeling better by then.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

otakuapprentice

Since transformers is coming out this month,  I say we do that, then game night the month after.

If we do game night after transformers, I'll bring whatever video game stuff I can haul with me(Wii, joystick, various games including tatsunoko vs. capcom). I'll try to pick up at least a board game as well.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jerry

my home lack roommates ALL WEEK.

so anyone wants to take advantage of a gaming or movie, or someone teach me how to cook night, please feel free to call me and stop by :P