The next social forums Gathering ? ? ?

Started by Jerry, June 04, 2009, 04:19:48 PM

Stythys

Well, there seems to be a lot of "It would be cool to do x," in here, but not a lot of actual organizing =P. Two people have offered game nights in their house, which I would definitely try to make it, but not much is gonna happen if we don't set times and dates, etc.

For example, I helped setup a dinner meet in Japantown this saturday (http://bayanime.com/bayanime-dinner-meetup-at-sf-japantown-13-jun-09). This way, people know when it's happening, and they can rsvp.

Anyone who wants to set something up on the site I linked above, send me a PM or something. If anyone else has other suggestions to help out, speak up! =]
"We should not be less than what we are."

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Stythys on June 07, 2009, 05:44:58 PM
Well, there seems to be a lot of "It would be cool to do x," in here, but not a lot of actual organizing =P. Two people have offered game nights in their house, which I would definitely try to make it, but not much is gonna happen if we don't set times and dates, etc.

For example, I helped setup a dinner meet in Japantown this saturday (http://bayanime.com/bayanime-dinner-meetup-at-sf-japantown-13-jun-09). This way, people know when it's happening, and they can rsvp.

Anyone who wants to set something up on the site I linked above, send me a PM or something. If anyone else has other suggestions to help out, speak up! =]
Yea, that happens alot. the way it usually works is once we decide on an event/venue, then we get to planning, and after that it's all just go.

Its probably going to be Transformers, and we all usually decide upon Great Mall; as for a date, how is everyone with the weekend right after it opens(the movie comes out on wednesday the 24th, so this would be on the 27th). As for what we end up doing after the movie finishes.......well, that all depends.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

XpHoBiaX

Would anyone be willing to pick me up in Tracy? O_o cuz that is the only way I'll be making any meet-ups. Sonic anyone?lol

Although, I will still have to wait and see if I am feeling alright by the end of the month. There's no point in going anywhere if I am not feeling too great. @_@ 

Oh, and thanks Otaku for the booze. It was yummeh. Gramma says thanks too. lol (I shared it with gramma and grampa  ;D)

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

otakuapprentice

I'm glad you(and your grandparents) enjoyed it.

I'm sure someone could pick you up from Tracy if needed.

XpHoBiaX

We mixed it with cherry 7up. Yummeh.

Well, I hope to see everyone if not now...eventually. lol.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Barnes

Quote from: Jerry on June 07, 2009, 04:51:23 PM
my home lack roommates ALL WEEK.

so anyone wants to take advantage of a gaming or movie, or someone teach me how to cook night, please feel free to call me and stop by :P

At what times though?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

PoisonFish

I'd most likely be down for something, I'd just need to know where and when.

Unfortunate for me though, a whole group of other friends have abducted me for the transformers movie release.

deonchan

Quote from: Stythys on June 07, 2009, 05:44:58 PM

Dan can you or Jerry post the link to the Stanford party invite so I can get on the organization train =p
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Dagger-6

HarpB

Jerry

Quote from: Barnes on June 07, 2009, 11:38:00 PM

so anyone wants to take advantage of a gaming or movie, or someone teach me how to cook night, please feel free to call me and stop by :P

At what times though?

I'm the standard 8 to 5pm work guy. though some of my days were picked up by random ppl and friends from facebook toos.

text me or pm me and we'll set something up if you just wanna chill out. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Suspicious

Quote from: Jerry on June 05, 2009, 11:31:50 AM
Quote from: Suspicious on June 05, 2009, 11:10:47 AM
It will be late in the summer, but 9 is coming out on September 9th.

Dont you mean district 9?

yah, all sorts of ppl are doing weird things for the 9.9.09 day, interesting gathering day, but its a wednesday and everyone will be in school by then >_<

Nope, 9.  http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/9/

It's like a cross between Little Big Planet and AWESOME.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Suspicious on June 09, 2009, 08:07:10 PM
Quote from: Jerry on June 05, 2009, 11:31:50 AM
Quote from: Suspicious on June 05, 2009, 11:10:47 AM
It will be late in the summer, but 9 is coming out on September 9th.

Dont you mean district 9?

yah, all sorts of ppl are doing weird things for the 9.9.09 day, interesting gathering day, but its a wednesday and everyone will be in school by then >_<

Nope, 9.  http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/9/

It's like a cross between Little Big Planet and AWESOME.
MUST SEE THIS.

Steve.Young

Quote from: Jerry on June 09, 2009, 03:37:19 PM

At what times though?

I'm the standard 8 to 5pm work guy. though some of my days were picked up by random ppl and friends from facebook toos.

I'll teach you how to cook!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Steve.Young on June 09, 2009, 11:06:41 PM
Quote from: Jerry on June 09, 2009, 03:37:19 PM

At what times though?

I'll teach you how to cook!
I've mentioned possibly having a "teach Jerry to cook" gathering before; could this finally come true?!

Steve.Young

Like...everyone comes and teaches Jerry how to cook/make/prepare one item that is fully edible?
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

deonchan

Quote from: Steve.Young on June 10, 2009, 01:24:23 AM
Like...everyone comes and teaches Jerry how to cook/make/prepare one item that is fully edible?

I'm in

*so says the Husband of the culinary student* Oh and I'm one helluva BBQ/Grill master
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

deonchan

Hey Jerry,

Retro Gaming night?

Anything from the NES to the PS1

Like I said It's a damn good idea.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

rude32

So does Jerry know how to cook anything?
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

BrightHeart76

Quote from: deonchan on June 10, 2009, 10:18:08 AM
Quote from: Steve.Young on June 10, 2009, 01:24:23 AM

I'm in

*so says the Husband of the culinary student* Oh and I'm one helluva BBQ/Grill master

Sigh...BBQ!  I miss that.  No one I know Bar-B-Ques anymore and I'm not allowed to have a grill at my apartment.

If there's a gathering sometime soon I can actually make it!  I know...I've said that before but this time it's for real.  The car is fixed!  I haven't spent my summer money yet.  I don't have a summer job yet, so I have time off.  It's a perfect storm.   8)

I don't know that I can teach anyone to cook.  However, I'd be more than happy to bring my families signature Butterscotch poppyseed cake to share with everyone.   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.