New Scanlation Project: Tabi to Michidure

Started by mDuo13, June 05, 2009, 02:59:16 PM

mDuo13

I figured I'd let the forum know about this, since it's being done by me with some help from other forum members (most notably Spiritsnare, though I guess I should also thank LastElixir for some pointers on kanji and various things). Basically, I've started a little translation group thingie and we're working on a little manga that it seems nobody is paying attention to, called タビと道づれ, which we're calling "Tabi and the Wayfarers" in English for now.

This manga by TANAKANOKA runs in Mag Garden's Comic BLADE and is up to about 4 volumes in Japan. We took an interest in it because of a little cover slip that advertised how Kozue Amano (manga-ka of ARIA) likes the world TANAKANOKA has created for the series. The story is about a girl named Tabi who takes a train to a mysterious town where time doesn't seem to pass normally.

A note on the translation: we are not expert translators; in fact, we have some difficulty reading Japanese. But with some time, dedication, and help from friends who are, we think we've been able to produce a pretty adequate release. What's important is that right now this title is not available to English-speaking audiences at all, so if we can stir up even a little interest, then we've done our job. That's not to say we don't care about translation quality: if you think you know better and want to help us out, let us know. If you just want to bash on how bad it is... don't bother.

We released it in .cbz format, which you can read with a comic book reader such as CDisplayEx, or you can just unzip it and read it in your image viewer of choice (because .cbz is really just .zip in disguise!).

Download: Tabi and the Wayfarers Chapter 01
Group Website: http://mizunashi.mduo13.com/

Tsubasa

-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR