Death Note 2010 Gathering *5/26 Final Update!* Jump Checkers Sunday Morning!

Started by CaptTreasureTroveTi, June 06, 2009, 07:30:09 PM

explosive_artist

Matthew Patel - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life/Vs The World

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

Sora

Do you guys want to vote on what time and day this should be?
"Don't give me any orders."

SangSeiku

I'm probably going as L again this year ( And my friend will probably be Near~ )

But we won't be able to make it to the con until saturday (Have to attend a graduation~)

And BTW, can't wait to compete in badminton! (Can bring own racket this year)
{Do you guys want me to bring another box of Sugar cubes?... That seemes to go over pretty well with the badminton rackets...>w<)

ICosplayNeji

:( In the end I couldn't fit L into my Fanime cosplays. Maybe next time!

flyinvee11

Sora

Guys, we need someone to organize this gathering now that the original guy isn't going. Any volunteers to take over this job? If not, no offense to anyone, but this gathering won't be happening.

BSaphire

I just wanted to make sure all the Death Note Cospeeps know about the Shonen Jump Gathering on Sunday @ 3 pm. I currently do not have anyone coming to represent Death Note :( I also have openings in the Shonen Jump Cosplay Checkers games that start at 9:30 am on Sunday morning! Check out the threads and please post your character and title if you think you can make it to the Jump Gathering and if you are doing checkers please post which games and what position you are interested in being in.

Love ya DN peeps!
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Sora

Rhornez

this is bad no leader cmon does anyone wanna lead?

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

flyinvee11

It can't be that hard...what does the lead have to do?

NoForests

I will be cosplaying as Misa ^_^
However, I wil not be wearing a specific outfit she is famous for-since she has several and a defined style, I am wearing an outfit she would likely wear. Do you think that's okay? I think it's fine, just checking though..

Starherd

Unexpectedly, I'm going to Fanime.  ^_^
I'll be cosplaying L (hopefully not too badly, eheheh), and I have an accompanying Light-kun, and a sometimes-Misa as well, apparently.  (I might also be cosplaying Mikami, but as I'm on no-cosplay-budget status at the moment, he's lower priority.  Much to my Light-kun's dismay.)

...I'll be attached to an Artist Alley table much of the time (COME buy stuff VISIT), but on the off chance that the timing works out... does anyone know if/when things are happening?

..anyone want to brainstorm terrible things happening?  I am not above orchestrating awful things like DN-themed scavenger hunts, with said AA table as headquarters...

-Starherd
I Do Cosplay Commissions - PM Me!

Remember to smell good for every con. ZOMG Smells
The right scent can really complete your outfit!

STFU Studios thanks everyone who came by in the AA! See you soon!

BSaphire

ATTENTION ALL DeathNote Cosplayers:
I really want this gathering to happen so If no one objects I would like to take over this gathering and set the following
Day: Sunday
Time: 2:30
L: FiF CE HS

Yes this is 1/2 hour before Shonen Jump, but I needed to work everything into my schedule.

If this is ok please let me know asap.

Arigatou
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Sora

I think that sounds fine. :) I have no other gatherings at that time.

RyuSan777

Lovely Sunday is a fine day for cosplay since there is hardly any gatherings. Its good to see that your taking over this gathering B I was scared for a while there
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

BSaphire

I have updated the first post.
Originally there were a couple of things everyone was talking about (tea party & badmitton) and though I can't be there for those, I was wondering if someone wanted to get that stuff together? I also thought that maybe it would be fun to have a group of DN cospeeps in one of the Shonen Jump games? Maybe 6 peeps to help form a team against Naruto? Let me know what you would like to do.
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Rhornez

sapphire hey i remember you ! well hmmm i would agree on the shonen jump games

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

BrightHeart76

If you guys would like to join us we'll be having our Naruto Picnic on Sunday from 1:00 until about 2:30.  It's open to everyone cosplay or not.  Bring your own lunch.  You are all more than welcome.

I have ANIME BINGO and Naruto Uno already set up with prizes (LOTS of prizes).  You can join those games, or if you like you can run some DeathNote games.  I'll help as much as I can, if you want to do something and need a hand let me know and we'll work something out.

:)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Cicada Noise

Hey, all! I'm Starherd's accompanying Light cosplayer - I got off my butt and made an account here just so you all could identify me by name. Now don't you just feel special? XD

And I'm curious - are any of the Lights planning to wear something other than the tan slacks + white dress shirt + tan blazer + red tie ensemble? I know it's his most recognizable outfit, I'm just curious. ^^ I have a planned last-episode Light cosplay, but due to lack of funds, you won't be seeing it this year. D: (Plus, without Starherd as Mikami, no one would recognize me anyway. XD)

Mushdoomx - I don't see anything wrong with cosplaying as Misa in clothes you already own. She changes her outfit so often over the course of the series that it completely makes sense to wear something that fits her style but isn't a specific canon outfit. The Misa who may be joining me and Starherd is doing the same thing. :3

Also, you all should come find our AA table! We're part of STFU Studios, and we plan to have free candy and free apples (and a lovely black "guestbook" that all SPK members are welcome to sign ;D)!

BSaphire

Just a quick bump :P

If there is a group who would like to help team up against Naruto post here! (BTW... Thanks BrightHeart for the invite to the picnic. This gives the Deathnote cospeeps some fun stuff to do before the gathering and after the checkers games!)

Also, everyone should check out Cicada Noise's Artist Alley table! Take a bite out of an apple! :P

So what does everyone think of the original photo order? Should there be changes? Post what you think would be a good photo order.

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC