Phobias' massive DIY whoreage thread (TONS of pics)

Started by XpHoBiaX, June 07, 2009, 01:05:39 PM

XpHoBiaX

So I finally dug through some cd's I had of all my DIY projects, and my recent files of DIY projects. Good and not so good here, I make things randomly and on the spur of the moment. I hope you enjoy.  

left hand guantlet. Craft foam, pringles can.

Pringles can and craft foam. Counter is made out of eyeshadow case.

Blades out of craft foam. (cardboard center)
I FORGOT TO PRIMER THEM!!! FSCK FSCK FSCK!!! oh well, next time.

^finished product

Resin cast garage kit helmet, primered and painted.

Shin guards.

Pualdrons and spaulders.(Shoulder armor and upper arm armor)

^Parts of my predator costume. Made out of pringles cans and craft foam.

Costume pics:

Banged the blades before this photo. They looked all cracked, 'cuz I didn't prep+primer them before I painted them.

Mini foam top hats.

Painted up squirt guns. (wip)

Gun arm. Pringles cans, craft foam, litre bottles, dowels, string.

Unfinished eye piece. Plastic juice container top, mesh, platsic cap and upholstry material.

Gave this skirt a bustle.

kitty face mask out of upholstry material.

Stuffie named Ghoulie

Crown to fit a dollfie

Leather crafted+tooled bracelets.

Face Mask.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

DentyneIce408

Two words to describe your craftmenship: Epic Awsomeness!
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

XpHoBiaX

Thanks :) those are all first attempts too. I get bored easily and I always need to do something or I'll go batty.  ;D I have a bunch of artwork I am working on as well.

2010 cosplay...?

yumicchi88

Did you use anything to strengthen the craft foam to keep it's shape?
If so, what did you use?

I can't believe those are all your first attempt! Your imaginary skills are amazing!
Very nice work, i wish you were here helping me out in person with my project. ><
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

XpHoBiaX

It was the pringles cans I glued them on too. First I cut the cans into sections, different sizes depending on what I was working on. The I'd cut out pieces of craft foam about double the size of what I cut the pringles can shape.

like with the shoulder armor tips, all I did was pinch the foam in the middle, and used a hot glue gun to stick it to the piece I cut out. That is how I got the pointy tips. I used an industrial punch tool, to punch a hole in the sides for string.

It's really simple. Painting was the hardest. Some colors of craft foam don't hold acrylic paint. So I had to use black spray paint, or latex indoor/outdoor paint. Latex bends and stretches. It also helped stiffen the armor parts, yet still gave an allowance for movement. Unfortunately, the shin guards were never seen in the photos I have. But oh well.

2010 cosplay...?

ruby19_4

waw. that was really amazing. Do you think you help me make the drill of Komui lee? I dont know out of what can I make it.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff59/PUREDesirezx/DGM/Screenshots/SC239.png

XpHoBiaX

Yes I can. Although I may need clearer reference pics of the drill itself. :) Just to be on the safe side, especially if you want to be accurate.

2010 cosplay...?

deonchan

Me thinks Phobia and I should do a collab and finally pull off the Big Daddy Lil Sister cosplay I've wanted to do *noddles*
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

XpHoBiaX

I'll be looking up ref pics for Big brother and Kamui Lee.
Messaged you back Deonchan. ;)

2010 cosplay...?

ruby19_4

Awesome. I thank you so much. Let me know what I should do too. Of course I will help. Um.... just curious. Where do you live. I live in San Mateo.

deonchan

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on June 08, 2009, 09:15:45 PM
I'll be looking up ref pics for Big brother and Kamui Lee.
Messaged you back Deonchan. ;)

Woot! This'll be fun! We could have a hit cosplay ^_^
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Dagger-6

I'm actually getting into working on prop armor.  I'm starting to make a pepakura mockup of the ODST helmet from Halo and expanding from there.

If you guys are working on armor stuff, I'd love to swing by to help out, learn a little, etc.

Plus Bioshock is awesome.

XpHoBiaX

I live 2 1/2 hours away in Amador County. Ione. 95640. I'm moving to Fresno in September.
I don't know how we'd all get together. Since I am pretty far. I'd need to be picked up from Tracy, if we do decide to meet up or something. @_@
Also, It's easier for me to tell people how to do things when I am physicaly there. I can find tutorials for almost anything though. So if you need halo themed armor, starwars armor/clothes, fangs, predator/alien armor, veeneers, I either have a tutorial for it, or can find it.

Ruby:
I'll give you a list of materials. I'll probably have to make it, with a picture tutorial.

For the Kamui drill, you will need 3 2liter soda bottles. Craft foam. Maybe two or three pringles cans, and maybe one or two shoe boxes. (One large and one medium) I always get more then I need, becuase you never know if something will fail. lol I would also have a back up of poster board. Just in case. Most likely it'd be needed for the drills' tip.

As far as I can see, that is what you will need. I haven't found any more pictures of Komui. He's always with a computer pad thingy. I haven't seen D.GM though, but I will try and get around to it, to get a better feel for the weapon/tool thingy.

2010 cosplay...?

Dagger-6

We'll figure something out.  :)

the 405th halo armor making site is pretty well equipped with tutorials for halo armor, so I'm good on that.  You and Calvin focus on the Bioshock stuff, and I'll just check in regularly to see if there's anything I can do to help or glean lessons from ^^  I'll be pretty busy with this ODST armor for a while, along with some other projects.

ruby19_4

k. I will start finding those stuff.

Waw. u sure live far. Aww..... Well, we'll see how we manage to be around. Sorry if I am rushing you. Let me know if I am starting to annoy you or something. I will stop doing it. I always want stuff to be early done. Since the time of fanime is also the final for spring semester. Thx.

O yea. Komui Lee doesnt have much.   

I found another pic that someone has made

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj380/ruby19_4/komuiLeedrill.jpg?t=1244647299

XpHoBiaX

Ruby:
No problem, I totally understand. It may take me a little while to get a few things, or I may just improvise. As soon as I start, I'll be posting up pics and descriptions for you. ;)
Thanks for the photo. :)

Trooper:
Yeah I am on The Hunters' Lair for predator armor building and skinsuit making. We've got a lot of Halo, Alien, and starwars peeps there as well. I hardly go there tho. @_@

2010 cosplay...?

deonchan

Gonna be taking a long drive to get my brain off things soon. Maybe I'll just make a trip to get started on mesaurments and blueprints ^_^
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div