Operation Iraqi Stephen

Started by Dagger-6, June 09, 2009, 09:39:15 PM

Dagger-6

Watch the full episode here:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/76566/the-colbert-report-mon-jun-8-2009

Operation Iraqi Stephen: Going Commando
8-Jun-2009
Written by: Robin Lee

U.S. Troops enjoy equal opportunity humor from the Colbert Report.

As Stephen Colbert sits behind a desk propped up by sandbags painted to look like the American flag, he declares the "we won the Iraq war."

According to AOL News, Colbert is making history this week by being the first to broadcast a series of a taped show from an Iraq tour intended for entertaining the U. S. troops serving in Iraq.

"It must be nice her in Iraq because I understand some of you keep coming back again and again," Colbert joked, "You've earned so many frequent flyer miles, you've earned a free ticket to Afghanistan."

His first guest, General Ray Odierno received a videotaped order from President Obama to shave Colbert's head and he gladly accepted. Gen. Odierno started shaving Colbert's head and it was then finished by a stylist.

Colbert claimed the war in Iraq must be a victory for the United States since no one was talking about it anymore. "We're not quite ready to declare victory," Gen. Odierno said, "Things are moving forward but again, it's about bringing long-term stability." Colbert then asked Gen. Odierno if he could bring long-term stability to the United States when he was done in Iraq.

Colbert spent time poking fun at the economic crisis the United States is currently experiencing. He congratulated one soldier who recently received his college degree while serving in Iraq as the only 2009 graduate with a job.

The "Operation Iraqi Stephen: Going Commando" episodes are set to air next Monday to Thursday on Comedy Central.

=====

NY Times article on the special:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/08/arts/television/08colb.html

BrightHeart76

God bless him.  LOL.  Put your politics aside and appreciate a man willing to to risk his own safety AND his hair to bring attention to our soldiers, and give them a good laugh and a moral boost while he's at it. 

You go Mr. Colbert.   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

XpHoBiaX

I approve this. X3~!

Will stay tuned to see this. X3

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??