Sac-Anime?

Started by SukebeStudios, June 13, 2009, 02:20:56 AM

SukebeStudios

Hey there, is anyone interested in going to Sac-Anime? I'm trying to find anyone that's willing to go. REQUIREMENT...must be upbeat (But not to the point of annoying) and able to help introduce to and make new friends.

Kiara

I'm going! It'll be my 7th Sac-Anime. Will it be your first time attending? I'm always looking for new people to hang out with! And this will probably be one of my laid back conventions where I don't have to run back and forth working on stuff like a crazy person.

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

Tabbychan

Hi there^^ This will be my first time going to SacAnime ^^ Hehe I'm really excited!:D

Shinsengumi

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going this year but I'll try to come up with some cash to go and it's also depends on the my friends of they want to go too.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

kakashifangurl1

My whole group and I will be attending Sac-Anime ^^

Rizumi

Sac-Anime is where I first started cosplaying. I went to the very first Sac-Anime which happened to be my very first convention.
Fanime 09 this year was my first convention that WASN'T Sac-Anime lol.

I'll be going as Aisaka Taiga from Toradora! and Akiyama Mio from K-ON!

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
☈ ▦ ▦ Insta • • ⇝
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
= = = = = =

SukebeStudios

Awesome! Is there anyone willing to room up? I have 1 other person going, and if we get a single, it says we can get max 4 people in the room. So we can take 2 other people. But of course, we're ALWAYS open to hang out whenever. I'm going to be bringing my Xbox 360 Elite and Halo, Street Fighter 4, and DBZ Burst Limit. Plus I'm going to be holding a few "Mini-Marathons," one of which will be a Dragonball Z Abridged "Mini-thon." I will also be showing some of my choice AMVs, some of which were entered and some that were shown at FanimeCon. So...if you guys wanna hook up at Sac-Anime, PM me with contact info so I can tell ya which hotel room is ours when we get it. L8ers!

Oniko

Can someone tell me a little about this con?  I heard it was very small.  I saw on a flyer they have artist alleys but I see no info about it on their website.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Jerry

as far as Cons go, this one is pretty tiny.

average age : minonrs [ lots of teeny boopers under the age of 20 ]

main reason of Con - mostly hanging out and wandering aimlessly imo.

guests: nothing to write home about and no major draws because the dealers and AA rooms are pretty negligible...

for the most part, its something to do if you have nothing else better to do that weekend and feel like driving up to Sac.

in other words, unless you have the right group of friends then its prolly not worth it.

oh and seriously wear a bullet proof vest.

some of our rovers were literally shot at last year [or was it the year before?] and we've decided not to touch that Con with a 100 mile pole. :P 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Liquid

You make it sound so dramatic Jerry, lol. From what I heard the hotel they were staying at was shot at. Not the individuals in particular. Although, still just as scary, lol.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Stormfalcon

Hrm...I keep going back-and-forth on whether to go or not.  On one hand, it's not so far out that I wouldn't know anyone if I went.  On the other hand, I hear some discouraging things about it from friends, though not quite as dramatic as Jerry put it there.  :o

Still trying to decide, to be honest.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

RyuHayabusa

I'm going to be there, at least for one day. Wouldn't mind staying at the hotel for the weekend, but I dunno..one day roadtrip sounds right about now.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

SukebeStudios

Well, I have 2, possibly 3 other friends going. Well, technically one of them isn't a friend, he's a friend of one of the friends going. We're coming up on the 28, driving, seeing as Amtrak is MUCH more expensive...and takes much longer oddly enough. So we're coming a day early.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Jerry on June 16, 2009, 09:48:41 AMsome of our rovers were literally shot at last year [or was it the year before?] and we've decided not to touch that Con with a 100 mile pole. :P  

...And this is why it will never be hosted at the Red Lion hotel ever again.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Rette

My cosplay group and I are going up to Sac Anime this year. It'll be our first. We're planning on doing the Masquerade too. ^_^

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

OGIGA

Well, it's sad that SacAnime is the way it is compared to Fanime and that it's so easy for me to go to. Should I even consider going? Anyone going to do Bleach cosplay?

Eboni ninja

This is my 3rd year going to Sac Anime, and I love it. I would love to meet new people to hang out with, all my other friends usually do other things leaving my going to the panels and wondering around all by myself  :'( Whoever wants to hangout let me know, I can't wait.

I'm going to be Ryomou from Ikki Tousen and Neku from TWEWY.
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

Sammy-kins

Me and my friends will most likely be going. ^.^

Mi Feng

Quote from: Sammy-kins on June 26, 2009, 09:15:29 PM
I am DEFINATELY going Sammy lol.

QuoteWell, it's sad that SacAnime is the way it is compared to Fanime and that it's so easy for me to go to. Should I even consider going? Anyone going to do Bleach cosplay?
I will be going in Bleach cosplay! You can find me as Rukia. Anyone planning a gathering?

Sammy-kins

Quote from: Mi Feng on June 26, 2009, 09:19:54 PM
Quote from: Sammy-kins on June 26, 2009, 09:15:29 PM
I am DEFINATELY going Sammy lol.

Well then, you, me, my sis, and possibly 2 others that will be going to Sac-anime. :3