Going to Japan NEED HELP WHAT TO DO

Started by Crosses, June 15, 2009, 11:09:49 PM

Crosses

Hello I 'm going to japan very soon (about 3-4 weeks).  Me and some friends had this plan but knowing us we are rushing to plan it out more.  We have our tickets but WHAT TO DO there, what to see, and what to visit.  When i actually thought about it i got a headache! Because just going to japan is awesome! and thats all we ever thought! lol... PLEASE i really would like your thoughts of fun cool places u'd liek to see. If you can give a link if possible.  ALL information or IDEAS are welcomed! This is the only place i know BEST where japan lovers would be haha please help!! We're pretty much all the same (cars gamerz anime girls just a hyper bunch haha)
http://www.nt2099.com/cosplay/cos_fish.jpg
Crazy fans or just pervented freaks
Found link at cosplay underground

SOawesomeness

>.> Wow, be prepared to be flamed...

But I'd recommend going to visit the markets and stuff... not sure what city you're going to, but yeah.

If you want to experience uh, "all the same" stuff, go to Akihabara.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

LordKefka

Some of the best places are the historical and natural places to visit... even I would trade a day in Akiba for that. Japan isn't made of anime...=.=;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Crosses

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on June 16, 2009, 12:08:27 AM

But I'd recommend going to visit the markets and stuff... not sure what city you're going to, but yeah.

If you want to experience uh, "all the same" stuff, go to Akihabara.

Ohhh We're going to be at tokyo shinjuku area.  thanks for the tip i hear akihabara has lots of nice shops. Just found a store right now called "liberty 8" 8 floors of toys plastic models http://www.sunnypages.jp/travel_guide/modern_tokyo/cosplay_figua/Liberty+8/1933
. Any reccomendations specific in akihabara? thanks

Quote from: LordKefka on June 16, 2009, 12:11:55 AM
Some of the best places are the historical and natural places to visit... even I would trade a day in Akiba for that. Japan isn't made of anime...=.=;

haha i know it isn't made of anime but thats where it all started for me haha.(Japan fully anime wouldn't be so bad too >_<haha) natural places I'm tryin to find info on parks and hot springs but not going well so far.  Thanks for the tips know any info where i can try finding some?
http://www.nt2099.com/cosplay/cos_fish.jpg
Crazy fans or just pervented freaks
Found link at cosplay underground

XpHoBiaX

I'm suprised Pyron hasn't showed up yet. o_O;;;

Anyways, I would check out the different shrines and temples. X3 Check out the hotsprings...and probably go to that musuem that has Yakuza skin....would really like to visit the tattoo Master himself and get a hand-tapped tattoo from him. X3

But I don't know any locations of anything...just saying that is what I would do. lol

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

BrightHeart76

My suggestion would be to research the food in the area's you'll be in.  Not only should you try the local fair, get some new flavors and foods, but you should also figure out where you don't want to eat.  It would suck to spend so much time and money going to Japan just to get food you don't like or food that makes you sick. 

I try to do this for any trip I go on, even if it's just to Sacramento.  The research usually brings up some good restaraunts I might never have found otherwise, it also highlights the places that serve food I don't eat or have a bad reputation for health and cleanliness.  It also gives you an idea on cost.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on June 16, 2009, 12:08:27 AM
Indeed.

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on June 16, 2009, 10:56:46 AM
I'm suprised Pyron hasn't showed up yet. o_O;;;
I don't think I have even seen Pyron online sense before Con.
Although I have been ignoring the clutter of the General Forum area so I can not be sure.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Meirin

There are a lot of kickass rock festivals that happen in summer. There is Summer Comiket, but that's in mid-August. Most of the good stuff happen in August, really.

I hope you guys have asstons of money. Japan ain't the cheapest place, especially with the exchange rate these days (last time I checked it was 1 USD to 95 yen). Hotels are expensive, food is expensive. I wouldn't really go longer than 2 weeks.
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

PyronIkari

Nothing really worth replying too, that's why.

There's a lot to do in Japan, and saying "suggest stuff" does nothing. I could sugest pages upon pages upon pages of stuff most of which you would find boring and wouldn't care about. You also don't tell us how much money you will be spending, how much you have in reserve, and how much you're willing to spend on travel.

You don't mention if you will begetting a toursits JR Rail pass, nor exactly what part of Tokyo you'll be staying "if it's Shinjuku, please specify". The "Shinjuku area" is prety big, but at the same time, it's tiny because you can train anywhere from Shinjuku with out much effort.

You give jack nothing to work with, you like animu, and cars... okay... that means... you will visit Akiba... but that's about it. Because realistically that's the only anime centric place that you can visit. I'll reply more when I get home... leaving work right now.

But seriously, provide more information if you expect any good info.

Edit: How long are you staying? How much JP do you know or the people around you know? Are you going to be with anyone that is fluent?

animejunkie

Lucky!  LOL, maybe if I start saving now, I'll be able to go in 2012 :p j/k.  Though, you didn't mention how long you are staying...in any case, if I were you, I would most definitely check out some of the shrines and temples and enrich yourself in all aspects of Japanese culture.  There's always at least one stop to check out Akiba as well...also, according to two of my friends who went in January, the Ghibli museum is a must, especially if you're a fan.