Bleach Gathering 2011 (You're Invited to Aizen's Birthday Bonanza!)

Started by Yukari Kaiba, June 17, 2009, 03:01:46 PM

How did you like the 2010 gathering?

awesome! 8D
20 (42.6%)
it was alright /=
5 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (2.1%)
didn't go
21 (44.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Charis

Oh, Waffle ... of all the grammatical gaffes (and spelling snafus) present, you choose the one that is arguably acceptable, especially in colloquial speech?  I spy dropped punctuation, Internet slang, sentence splicing (even sans comma) and emoticons, all of which are greater offenders by far in my eye.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

ININ

Please add me as Hitsugaya.  I provide more "Why does this always happen to me?" service ^__^

anime4me

I went to the gathering in 2009 to see it (not in cosplay) and loved it!  In 2010, I will be coming as Turn Back the Pendulum Yoruichi and my boyfriend will be Turn Back the Pendulum Urahara.  Might also work on Nanao and Kyouraku Shunsui costumes if I have time.
Sheena Fujibayashi: Did you see my attack?
Zelos Wilder: Oh yeah, baby, I was watching.
Sheena Fujibayashi: For some reason, I don't think that's what you were focusing on.

kyorami

Amazing gathering this year! It was my first year cosplaying and it was an awesome experience ^^

I'll be returning as shinigami Rukia. I put so much work into the costume, it would be a waste to just use it once.

Aliwhatever

Hello! ;D

I don't know if you guys saw me but I cosplay as Chad this year. Here is a pic...

It was pretty amazing since it was my first time! but I totally missed out on the bleach gathering since I only went on sat. So I will be attending as Sado again but this time in his El directo form.

But i'm having trouble finding white pants.

Yay, I can't wait!!! ;D ;D ;D

Yukari Kaiba

@Aliwhatever, kyorami, and anime4me: welcome to the thread! always cool to see new faces in here =)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yuu

Quote from: Charis on June 19, 2009, 07:19:17 PM
Oh, Waffle ... of all the grammatical gaffes (and spelling snafus) present, you choose the one that is arguably acceptable, especially in colloquial speech?  I spy dropped punctuation, Internet slang, sentence splicing (even sans comma) and emoticons, all of which are greater offenders by far in my eye.

Snafus are snafus. No matter how minute the offense, we grammar nazis will always pick them apart and 'Colloquial' is just a nice word for 'lazy'.

....except in the Japense language. >_>
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

kimu

But of course you are facing Captain Mom....
Even 11th division fears her.
And in the post about grammar error there was a punctuation mistake.
*serves tea and cookies*
;)

waffle-lover26

... I stand corrected

Captain Mom could probably make Grimmjow (or Spoony) clean his room and wash the dishes.

Does anyone else think that the espada have been dying in reverse order?
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

Mi Feng

Soooo, are we going to use this thread to talk about random stuff again or actually talk about Bleach? lol I'm just kidding, I guess I'll start: I just got back from my family reunion ^^

Back on topic: @all the shinigami I saw last year, Oh noez I'm going to be rebeling! Dark Rukia is considered a hollow :(
@arrancar I guess I'll join you but im not really a arrancar I'm just a filler charrie XD Jk

I'm not thinking right (as usual) XD

EDIT more random, did anyone watch the news about Lance Armstrong
http://www.kcra.com/video/19806476/index.html <-- thats where I live  :o

BTWHappy Father's Day Happy Father's Day!

Yuu

Quote from: kimu on June 21, 2009, 06:06:32 PM
But of course you are facing Captain Mom....
Even 11th division fears her.
And in the post about grammar error there was a punctuation mistake.
*serves tea and cookies*
;)

Punctuation isnt the same as grammar. I dont give a damn about punctuation ( save for final papers ect) and Im a terrible typist-I know this.

Charis

Yuu, darling, punctuation is a vital component of grammar.

Bleach related, I sincerely hope we get to see Unohana's bankai too by the time Fanime rolls around.  Whether I can make it or not ... *eyes Minazuki*  We'll see.
Frankly, I hope we get to see bankai for all of the captains by then.  With the amount of time between now and Fanime, and the present happenings in the series, there's a good deal of room for interesting developments in costume between now and then.  :D
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Dragon Ninja

Bleach Related: I think I'll go as Hanataro again. I'll get a new bag that I saw at the Dealer's Hall.

Ramdom stuff: I'll be moving out soon and get an aparment of my own. I don't have a computer of my own, so my parents will be giving me an extra one they have until I get my own.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Yuu

Quote from: Charis on June 21, 2009, 09:41:27 PM
Yuu, darling, punctuation is a vital component of grammar.

Bleach related, I sincerely hope we get to see Unohana's bankai too by the time Fanime rolls around.  Whether I can make it or not ... *eyes Minazuki*  We'll see.
Frankly, I hope we get to see bankai for all of the captains by then.  With the amount of time between now and Fanime, and the present happenings in the series, there's a good deal of room for interesting developments in costume between now and then.  :D

Yes, but I dont give a damn about that. I cant 'hear' punctuation so it doesnt bother me.
(Except in the dub of Chaos Legion. They constantly put the emPHASIS on the wrong sylABLE)

It would be nice but Im not paying any attention to Bleach right now. It is very boring, and D Gray man is dead..*siiigh* Nothing to entertain me this summer. Just as well. I need to take the summer to 'fix my brains'.

Mi Feng

@ Charis is there a "waiting for bankai" club? I was wondering if I could join as a waiting for Fade To Black member. No, I'm just kidding, Fade to Black is just a movie. (which comes out on Sept 30)

@Yuu I know exactly how you feel, I use the summer as make/fix costumes before Sac Anime and to fix my brains.

My friend might be attending as Nanao.

ININ

Eliteslayer

Like I said on cosplay.com, great pics, ININ. Props for the "Aizen running late pic."

(Re-post of an explanation for those who didn't see: I was in a rush the morning of the gathering and chess, so I grabbed a bagel and ran. So of course, I had to do the whole "running with a piece of bread in your mouth" thing, even if it was a bagel. Not my sexiest pose ever, but it's the only time you'll see Aizen going "I'm late! I'm late! Hirako-taicho is going to kill me!")
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Spalding

the gathering was a lot fun ;D and I'll be back as Aizen (Arrancar ver.) again. 
Is all about anime and fanime.

OGIGA

Yuu

BTW, Kimu do you have the crossover -doomed-in a cornor pictures with Charis and I?