Bleach Gathering 2011 (You're Invited to Aizen's Birthday Bonanza!)

Started by Yukari Kaiba, June 17, 2009, 03:01:46 PM

How did you like the 2010 gathering?

awesome! 8D
20 (42.6%)
it was alright /=
5 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (2.1%)
didn't go
21 (44.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Dr Mario

Will be there. Thinking of putting together a quick Professor X costume just for the excuse of being able to sit in a wheel chair as I wait in line. Pretty sure I waited over 2 hours last year.
Solving all your fevers and chills since 1990.

Squad 11 Till Death

Quote from: lady_tomoko on May 24, 2011, 03:45:53 AM
I'll keep an eye out for ya ;D 

Yea, a pre-gathering meeting sounds like a great idea! When and where? XD

Hmm, those are good questions, I guess we'd have to get more people interested in something like that before we make that decision.  Like I said in my first post this will be my first Fanime so I don't really know what's going to happen.

lady_tomoko

Quote from: Squad 11 Till Death on May 24, 2011, 12:21:09 PM
Quote from: lady_tomoko on May 24, 2011, 03:45:53 AM
I'll keep an eye out for ya ;D 

Yea, a pre-gathering meeting sounds like a great idea! When and where? XD

Hmm, those are good questions, I guess we'd have to get more people interested in something like that before we make that decision.  Like I said in my first post this will be my first Fanime so I don't really know what's going to happen.

Really? Well, I think you'll find Fanime to be a pretty awesome con :)  Yea, hopefully we get some more people interested for the pre-gatheing meeting (fingers-crossed X3) Can't believe Day Zero is tomorrow!!!!!!!!  :o

Squad 11 Till Death

Sadly I don't even know if i can make it Thursday night now, one of our drivers had to ditch out due to family trouble so that put a wrench in the whole plan for my group. But I'm gonna do whatever it takes to try to make it.  Pretty bad timing for someone to drop out, it's a shame too, he was gonna be showing up as Tobi for the Naruto gathering.  I really wanna get that badge early, we'll see.

ININ

Quote from: Ginryuu on May 22, 2011, 10:06:39 AM
Quote from: ININ on May 22, 2011, 02:32:29 AM
Ukitake, wait for me new grown-up ;) hair courtesy of your lieutenant Sentarou ^__^

Though I appreciate your kind words Hitsugaya-taichou...I am not a fuku-taichou, but a 3rd seat.
Also, my name is Sentarou...
I am glad you are pleased with my efforts!

Corrected p:>  I need to drink more chocolate milk, umm, I mean coffee *yawn*

Hold a sec.  I wonder is Santa-san giving me Ovaltine?  ;)

lady_tomoko

Quote from: Squad 11 Till Death on May 25, 2011, 12:41:50 AM
Sadly I don't even know if i can make it Thursday night now, one of our drivers had to ditch out due to family trouble so that put a wrench in the whole plan for my group. But I'm gonna do whatever it takes to try to make it.  Pretty bad timing for someone to drop out, it's a shame too, he was gonna be showing up as Tobi for the Naruto gathering.  I really wanna get that badge early, we'll see.

Well, hopefully you can make it :)

sushie

I gave up halfway through restyling my wig for Toshiro... It looks fine until you get to the back, maybe I'll get to fixing it before the gathering >.<
And the pre-gathering meet up sounds fun but sadly I won't be able to get over to fanime until mid-Saturday D: but hey next year I'll fully devote myself to fanime rather than split my weekend between two cons! ;)
Its a trap...!
2013 (more TBA)
Piko Utatane: Casuals
Rock Lee: Shippuden + Original
Lizzy (Kuroshitsuji)

Squad 11 Till Death

Quote from: lady_tomoko on May 25, 2011, 03:46:18 AM
Quote from: Squad 11 Till Death on May 25, 2011, 12:41:50 AM

Well, hopefully you can make it :)

It's official, I won't be able to make it tomorrow night. But I guarantee you'll see Ikkaku walking around by late Friday morning/early noon time.  This is also my last post before Fanime kicks off, so I'll see you all at the gathering, this is gonna be awesome!

LightYagami

Hi,
So is the bleach photo shoot now sunday?
and do i have to be an official bleach character to be in the shoot?
i have bleach costume, but going as my own bleach character.

cptaizen

Wow everyone! what a great turnout, and what a friendly crew this year.
Last year was my first con and my first cosplay, and sadly I was underwhelmed.

But fsck all that! This year's Fanime more than made up for it!
Is actually a shame that Bleach doesn't make sense anymore, and the major super-plot villain (me) was defeated in a kinda half-ass way. sorry haters! but a kido implanted in Aizen's body and he never knew? o.O

I loved the Bleach run (except the Bount arc, wtf?), but really, what is left? Aizen is in prison for ever and ever. The King of Hueco Mundo + The Espada + all the Arrancar are now toast. What is left? Who cares if Ichigo gets his powers back? I mean that in an objective and dispassionate way.
The only things I care about are those that could be spin offs 1) was Isshin in squad zero (the royal guard)? 2) why did he leave or get banished? 3) what is the relationship btwn Isshin & Ryuken? 4) why does no one (not even Yamamoto) ever mention it (or seem aware of it)??

I'm waiting for Bleach Shippuden. xD

cptaizen

That all said... lol
I had a great time this year. =)

I will link my HD pics from this year, and look forward to downloading a few pics of my sexah. i mean EVIL.. ass. =3

lady_tomoko

Quote from: cptaizen on May 29, 2011, 04:49:26 PM
That all said... lol
I had a great time this year. =)

I will link my HD pics from this year, and look forward to downloading a few pics of my sexah. i mean EVIL.. ass. =3

:o Can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!!!

OMG this gathering was great! First time going and it was indeed memorable. Can't wait till next year!

Yukari Kaiba

I would just like to say thank you guys for making the gathering another great success this year. I wasn't entirely sure of how the turnout would be to be honest, but I'm glad people still show strong interest in the series. I also apologize for the gathering being so short - I wasn't aware that we were on a time limit so apparently we only had half an hour to do all the photos (which I think frankly for a gathering of our size is hardly enough), so I tried to do generic shots that included everyone.

I'd now like to take the time now though to inform you all that I will be stepping down from my post as Bleach gathering organizer and Fanime 2011's Bleach gathering was the last time I would be hosting. I've been running the gathering for 5 years since 2007, which for the same single person to host is quite a long time. I am so incredibly thankful to you guys for letting me host each year and for bringing your enthusiasm and your love for the series to the gathering - otherwise I would not have kept doing it for as long as I have. Again I thank you all for coming year after year - its you guys that really make this gathering such a success :)

~Yukari
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

DracoMancer

It was great seeing all of you. :) It was especially nice to see I wasn't the only Grimmjow xD I'm not going to promise or guarantee anything, but my plans for Fanime are normally never that big so maybe....MAYBE next year I will step up and run the 2012 gathering, assuming my obsession for Bleach is still in gear by then xD but we'll see.
"A burrito? That is so pathetic. I WANT A TACO!" -Grimmjow voice actor.

Squad 11 Till Death

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've put up several videos on youtube regarding Fanime and our gathering.  My username is GreyLion86, so be sure to check out some cool stuff.  I hope to see many of you again next year!

Shinigami_Lover

This last year was saddly Kira's last year... Kira is going to be be retired right after Kumoricon... So I will be selling the wig, arm band and Wabisuke for $60 all together it will be posted on eBay after Sept 6th... Unless I get an offer before that
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

Squad 11 Till Death

Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on June 03, 2011, 11:03:54 AM
This last year was saddly Kira's last year... Kira is going to be be retired right after Kumoricon... So I will be selling the wig, arm band and Wabisuke for $60 all together it will be posted on eBay after Sept 6th... Unless I get an offer before that

Wish I could go to Kumoricon, I'm actually from the Portland OR/Vancouver WA area.  Due to travel costs these days I'll be attending SacAnime Summer again instead.

lady_tomoko

Quote from: Squad 11 Till Death on June 03, 2011, 02:23:30 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've put up several videos on youtube regarding Fanime and our gathering.  My username is GreyLion86, so be sure to check out some cool stuff.  I hope to see many of you again next year!

I saw them! wonderful pictures :) I could find any pictures from the park and you had them XD

cptaizen

Here are my pics from 2011 Fanime (mostly Bleach)
They should be avaiable as full size if you want to download them for your own. =3

~ https://picasaweb.google.com/105539961143466614067/Fanime2011#

enjoy!
2010 are here

~ https://picasaweb.google.com/105539961143466614067/Fanime2010#

Charis

Yukari - THANK YOU for all your hard work running the Bleach gatherings for these past years. I think yours was the first gathering I ever attended at Fanime, and it definitely set a positive and welcoming tone for the whole con back then. <3

(And while I didn't do Bleach this year, it was still great to see people!  Minazuki enjoyed pretending to be captain of Fourth, though at this point I don't foresee coming back to Bleach next year -- and Minazuki will relax and and enjoy con in the hotel room. XD He's earned it!)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD