Bleach Gathering 2011 (You're Invited to Aizen's Birthday Bonanza!)

Started by Yukari Kaiba, June 17, 2009, 03:01:46 PM

How did you like the 2010 gathering?

awesome! 8D
20 (42.6%)
it was alright /=
5 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (2.1%)
didn't go
21 (44.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Charis on June 05, 2011, 12:54:04 AM
Yukari - THANK YOU for all your hard work running the Bleach gatherings for these past years. I think yours was the first gathering I ever attended at Fanime, and it definitely set a positive and welcoming tone for the whole con back then. <3

(And while I didn't do Bleach this year, it was still great to see people!  Minazuki enjoyed pretending to be captain of Fourth, though at this point I don't foresee coming back to Bleach next year -- and Minazuki will relax and and enjoy con in the hotel room. XD He's earned it!)

thank you Charis C: and especially thank you for being such an amazing Captain Mom (particularly that one year when I needed to be told to go back to my room or i was going to pass out right there on the spot X)XD).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Eliteslayer

Thanks for all your hard work for all these gatherings, Yukari, they won't be the same without you.

As for me, I need to figure out what cosplay I'll be bringing next year once the gatherings get their days. Looks like there's a changing of the guard for Bleach cosplayers, now to decide where I stand.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

kimu

....and that makes this senior captain feel older....but another thank you to Yukari! There's a number of really great people I met because of the Bleach gathering.

Sorry Santa-san didn't get to give the Shiro-chans (and everyone else) candy. Didn't have a chance between the short gathering and competing in the Masquerade (and they moved up the rehearsal start time....)
Hopefully next year....? I probably will go to the gathering again.

Shinigami_Lover

Quote from: Squad 11 Till Death on June 03, 2011, 03:22:21 PM
Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on June 03, 2011, 11:03:54 AM
This last year was saddly Kira's last year... Kira is going to be be retired right after Kumoricon... So I will be selling the wig, arm band and Wabisuke for $60 all together it will be posted on eBay after Sept 6th... Unless I get an offer before that

Wish I could go to Kumoricon, I'm actually from the Portland OR/Vancouver WA area.  Due to travel costs these days I'll be attending SacAnime Summer again instead.

Well if you are in area come for a day at least... I can give you the Bleach meet up info. BTW where you the Ikku?
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

kimu

Yukari--sent you a PM. I know someone who is interested in taking on running the Bleach gathering at Fanime 12, with your blessing.
;D

ININ

I posted teaser pics of the gathering.  I upload the rest of the pics sometime during the summer when classes are over and after AX.  Thanks for waiting XD

http://www.innovateinfinitely.com/fanime2011/

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on June 02, 2011, 11:48:29 AM
I'd now like to take the time now though to inform you all that I will be stepping down from my post as Bleach gathering organizer and Fanime 2011's Bleach gathering was the last time I would be hosting. I've been running the gathering for 5 years since 2007, which for the same single person to host is quite a long time. I am so incredibly thankful to you guys for letting me host each year and for bringing your enthusiasm and your love for

Yukari, thanks for organizing the gatherings C:  You're one of the best organizers when I participate in cosplay gatherings.

Quote from: Charis on June 05, 2011, 12:54:04 AM
(And while I didn't do Bleach this year, it was still great to see people!  Minazuki enjoyed pretending to be captain of Fourth, though at this point I don't foresee coming back to Bleach next year -- and Minazuki will relax and and enjoy con in the hotel room. XD He's earned it!)

Hitsugaya got his pics with Minazuki p:>

Quote from: kimu on June 06, 2011, 11:12:28 PM
Sorry Santa-san didn't get to give the Shiro-chans (and everyone else) candy. Didn't have a chance between the short gathering and competing in the Masquerade (and they moved up the rehearsal start time....)
Hopefully next year....? I probably will go to the gathering again.

Add to Santa-san's wish list --> Ovaltine!

BSaphire

@ Yukari: Though I am sad to see you step down, I understand why since I too am a long time organizer. Thank you for all your hard work the last 5 years. You have been totally awesome to work with and I would love to do it again! :)

@ any one who wants to take over organizing BLEACH next year here are some things to note on this returning 60+ gathering:
#1 I am requesting all large returning gatherings for 2012 to have at least two organizers: A primary which will do the pm request, confirmation post, check in @ FanimeCon 2012, and run the gathering and the 2nd can run the thread and assist the primary during the gathering.
#2 The Bleach thread will need to be recreated for 2012 (unless Yukari decides to step down to 2nd organizer and will run the thread again which means the primary organizer will need to do the above mentioned stuff.)
#3 A new primary can also run the thread for 2012 and have 2 assistants @ con to help run the gathering and event (s).
#4 Since this is a returning 60+ gathering it will have 1 hr in the location on site (sorry for any mix ups this year and will have that fixed for next year.) and the Bleach gathering changes days with Naruto every year so next years gathering will be on SATURDAY and Naruto will be on SUNDAY.
#5 Also note that all Bleach cospeeps are ALWAYS welcome to come on Sunday to the Shonen Jump gathering @ 3pm

Thank you again Yukari for 5 wonderful years of BLEACH fun and mayhem! :)
Love to ALL the Bleach Cospeeps!
BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Squad 11 Till Death

Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on June 06, 2011, 11:13:53 PM
This last year was saddly Kira's last year... Kira is going to be be retired right after Kumoricon... So I will be selling the wig, arm band and Wabisuke for $60 all together it will be posted on eBay after Sept 6th... Unless I get an offer before that

Wish I could go to Kumoricon, I'm actually from the Portland OR/Vancouver WA area.  Due to travel costs these days I'll be attending SacAnime Summer again instead.

Well if you are in area come for a day at least... I can give you the Bleach meet up info. BTW where you the Ikku?

Yeah, I was the lone Ikkaku at the gathering (not the one that showed up late at the park).   Nice to know that Kumoricon's having a Bleach gathering.  I've never actually been to that con even though I'm from the area, mainly due to the fact that I didn't actually start getting into anime until after high school.  I'd welcome any info you can give me, who knows what might happen in a couple months.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Eliteslayer on June 06, 2011, 11:30:51 AM
Thanks for all your hard work for all these gatherings, Yukari, they won't be the same without you.

Quote from: kimu on June 06, 2011, 11:12:28 PM
....and that makes this senior captain feel older....but another thank you to Yukari! There's a number of really great people I met because of the Bleach gathering.

Quote from: ININ on June 10, 2011, 05:23:36 PM
Yukari, thanks for organizing the gatherings C:  You're one of the best organizers when I participate in cosplay gatherings.

aww thanks you guys - hearing all of this makes me happy that I put in all the work to run the meetup for the past 5 years :) LOVE YOU GUYS <3 who knows, I still might show up to the gathering as a regular attendee ;D

Quote from: BSaphire on June 11, 2011, 11:09:06 AM
@ Yukari: Though I am sad to see you step down, I understand why since I too am a long time organizer. Thank you for all your hard work the last 5 years. You have been totally awesome to work with and I would love to do it again! :)

Thank you again Yukari for 5 wonderful years of BLEACH fun and mayhem! :)

It's been nothing but a pleasure to work with you, B :) its been fantastic to see the gatherings go from something just organizied on the forums to something officially recognized by the con, much thanks to you and your staff. funny enough I was actually going to co-host a different series gathering for next year, but I got beaten to the punch for it XD hopefully in the future we can work together again (or maybe one year ill decided to join your staff team! :D)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

ININ

Yukari Kaiba

I have officially passed on the torch of leading the gathering to a very well qualified candidate :) hopefully she'll get my response soon and start up a new thread for you guys.

~Yukari
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Shinigami_Lover

Quote from: Squad 11 Till Death on June 11, 2011, 04:53:20 PM
Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on June 06, 2011, 11:13:53 PM

Bleach photoshoot at Kcon is Day one at noon so saturday

Yeah, I was the lone Ikkaku at the gathering (not the one that showed up late at the park).   Nice to know that Kumoricon's having a Bleach gathering.  I've never actually been to that con even though I'm from the area, mainly due to the fact that I didn't actually start getting into anime until after high school.  I'd welcome any info you can give me, who knows what might happen in a couple months.
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

Kilyakai

I'll be going as Yoruichi, this will be my second year going to fanime, last year i did Yoruichi captain version, but was very chunky XD i been workin out and getting in a more comfortable skin for pics! I am revising my costume this year, might use my captains coat again this year not sure yet, for sure i'll be doing the whole black costume with the leg, arm and neck warmers XD, and will be darkening my skin this year. Im naturally white, white, kinda looked washed out last year lol. Cant wait to see everyone there!
Yoruichi-Bleach, Fujin-FFVIII, Miku-Vocaloid(servant of evil), Zoey-L4D(battle damaged), Cheshire Cat(darker version), Soon to be Selphie FF8