got water?

Started by jamieneko, June 19, 2009, 10:45:22 AM

jamieneko

In 2007 (I wasn't there in 2008) there were water coolers in the hall of the convention center outside the video rooms.  I was really happy they were there since water bottles cost about $3.  Can the water coolers be brought back for 2010?  

PyronIkari

This was covered in the gripe section and the feedback thread, but I'll reiterate.

Water coolers are super expensive. Having water coolers around the convention costs roughly like... 8000$ or so iirc. Currently, there are already water fountains located around the concourse and in the hotels. The water inside of the water coolers, is the same water you will find in these water fountains.

Protip: Bring a water bottle, fill it up in a water fountain...

jamieneko

that's too bad.  I didn't realize they were so expensive.  I will have to bring my own water bottle 'cause I drink SO much water when I'm there.  It sure was nice having them in '07 though.

PyronIkari

Quote from: jamieneko on June 19, 2009, 03:53:33 PM
that's too bad.  I didn't realize they were so expensive.  I will have to bring my own water bottle 'cause I drink SO much water when I'm there.  It sure was nice having them in '07 though.

As I said, it's the same water from the water fountains around fanime. The only real difference is that there are cups, and that it's more obvious where they are.

jAded

I always bring a pack of waterbottles with me and just stash it in the hotel room. That is the cheaper alternative to buying $3 water bottles at the con. (:

OGIGA

There were some water dispensers at the other end of the building.