R.I.P Michael Jackson

Started by JTchinoy, June 25, 2009, 03:43:26 PM

JTchinoy

LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson, the record-breaking, sensationally gifted "King of Pop" who emerged from childhood superstardom to become the entertainment world's most influential singer and dancer, and the tabloid world's most disturbing celebrity, has died. He was 50.

A person with knowledge of the situation says Jackson died Thursday in a Los Angeles hospital. The person was not authorized to speak publicly and requested anonymity.

His death brought a tragic end to a long, bizarre, sometimes farcical decline from his peak in the 1980s, when he was popular music's premier all-around performer, a uniter of black and white music who shattered the race barrier on MTV, dominated the charts and dazzled even more on stage.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_michael_jackson

:(
Yes, this is VERY serious business.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Liquid

Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

JTchinoy

Fmylife!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mi Feng

I closed my topic too. Wow :'( http://www.tmz.com/

But here's the scary part, when I heard of the news, my ipod (on shuffle)was playing the Death Note ending (Alumina)

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Mister_E

I was SHOCKED and saddened when I heard that no more than half and hour ago.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Rhornez

my reaction was o____o
thriller and beat it were good songs but im not gonna grief all i say just RIP MJ da dude who likes moon walks =D

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

BrightHeart76

He did things no one else had done before.  Michael Jackson founded sounds and styles that are the basis for modern music. 

Heck, Masquerade 2008 had a group doing the Thriller dance...this many years later and everyone knew what it was.  I had 4th graders this year doing the Thriller dance.  He really helped form modern music, dance and video styles by pushing the boundaries of the time.

Musically he was a gift.

Now if CNN will move onto REAL news again and let MTV stick to the Michael Jackson memorials things will be much better.  
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

questionette

They always go in 3's...MJ, Ed Mcmahon, & farrah fawcett

Mi Feng

Quote from: questionette on June 25, 2009, 10:02:13 PM
I know, its been really sad for me, I'm listening to MJ songs and watching Charlie's Angels.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Mister_E

Kind of like The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Steve.Young

...I see what you did there.

Regardless of the personal accusations against Michael Jackson aside, musically he changed the world and the way pop has been viewed globally.His influence on modern music will always always be there.

Kinda of a weird day yesterday...
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

deonchan

More Info

QuoteThe recording of a 911 call made shortly before Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital Thursday that reports a 50-year-old man is "not breathing" was released Friday as authorities conducted an autopsy on the pop music icon.

The autopsy began Friday morning in an attempt to clear up the mystery surrounding Jackson's untimely demise, including whether prescription drugs played a role.

"We have a personal doctor here sir, but he's not responding to anything," a man's voice can be heard telling the dispatch during the call."He's not responding to CPR or anything."
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Liquid

Quote from: Mi Feng on June 25, 2009, 10:08:42 PM
I know, its been really sad for me, I'm listening to MJ songs and watching Charlie's Angels.

Call me crazy, but isn't it a weird that viz released the English subbed episode of Naruto that ------------- dies in the same day MJ dies?

Please god, no ----ing spoilers for anime. Seriously....wtf?  :-\
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

TC X0 Lt 0X

No see, this is not serious business at all.

The world did offer me a great present for my birthday though.
Micheal Jackson dieing on my 18th birthday? Awesome.

But seriously. WTF? This is worthy of 'Things in the Universe' at best. Someone dieing from a heart attack, no matter how important he/she is, past a high political figure of course, is not serious.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Liquid

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on June 26, 2009, 02:34:16 PM
But seriously. WTF? This is worthy of 'Things in the Universe' at best. Someone dieing from a heart attack, no matter how important he/she is, past a high political figure of course, is not serious.

Serious Business is for topics that are of a serious nature and also topics in which can cause controversy\drama. Such as how you praised the death of Jackson, this can cause a bit of an uproar and therefore Serious Business is the best choice of forum for this topic.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Liquid on June 26, 2009, 02:51:06 PM

Serious Business is for topics that are of a serious nature and also topics in which can cause controversy\drama. Such as how you praised the death of Jackson, this can cause a bit of an uproar and therefore Serious Business is the best choice of forum for this topic.

Well anything can cause controversy\drama as long as one can offer there own opinions.
But then I guess we all have are own standards for what is serious.

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on June 25, 2009, 09:17:08 PMNow if CNN will move onto REAL news again and let MTV stick to the Michael Jackson memorials things will be much better.  
This here.

*Leaves Thread*

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

LMAO I fail.  -_-

*shuts up*

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kazuko

No see, this is not serious business at all.

Wow, you are so cool

Regardless of who a person is there is mass amounts of respect for a person when they pass away no matter what their status was =\

Sure MJ was a controversial person but he set the tone for a lot of musical artists to come through and for dancers as well. Without Micheal Jackson a lot of singers and dancers would not be here.

I really am shocked that he is gone, I grew up listening to his music and doing some of the dance moves. I hope hes in a better place MJ set the tone for how pop music should be not to mention he broke the race barrier on MTV. He maybe gone but his music will never die

BrightHeart76

Sigh.  The controversy and speculation about his life.  Let me simply say that it is my firm belief that IF the things that have been said about him and his relationship with children are true...well then Hell's burning a little hotter today.  If those same rumors are not true and he truly was a good man then I truly believe he is in God's Kingdom.  I don't know the facts, and only God gets to judge a mans life so I have to leave it there.

A bit of a guilty pleasure though.  For years it's been socially unacceptable to listen to and enjoy his music too much because of the controversy and speculation.  For the time being at least I'm have a lot of fun watching VH1's marathon of videos, it so good to hear these old songs.  They're good, and I'm amazed that I still know all of the words.  lol.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.