Fanime 2014 Theme Gathering ~ 5/21

Started by BSaphire, June 29, 2009, 03:51:51 PM

Should we make this an epic Cosplayer Gathering of ALL cosplayers?

Yes
8 (80%)
No
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Kell-chan

Bacon-Flavored Cosplay is planning to attend as the San Francisco Giants. XD We're not sure exactly which day we'll attend, but we'll be at one of them. Here's our list (name included are from cosplay.com):

Freddy Sanchez - Kendama Master
Brandon Belt - Eau de Decus
Buster Posey - Kell-chan

<3

azreale

I'll be there as Ryo Hayakawa from Princess nine! I'll try to make it to both gatherings!
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Dany

Now that we know when Masquerade is (Sunday), my husband is planning to bring Tatsuya from Touch, and if I can wing it together by then, I'll have Minami XD.

For now, we're looking at doing the Saturday event, but we could also do Sunday instead, pending craftmanship scheduling :)
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

captainvontapdat

Quote from: Kell-chan on February 26, 2012, 02:22:39 PM
Bacon-Flavored Cosplay is planning to attend as the San Francisco Giants. XD We're not sure exactly which day we'll attend, but we'll be at one of them. Here's our list (name included are from cosplay.com):

Freddy Sanchez - Kendama Master
Brandon Belt - Eau de Decus
Buster Posey - Kell-chan

<3

DUDE. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. I'M THINKING OF GOING AS LINCECUM OR PABLO SANDOVAL. OHMYGOD, WE NEED TO HAVE A GIANTS PICTURE TOGETHER. YESSSSSSSSSS

Xia

Oh, swell! How did I not notice this thread earlier?

Anyways, I will come as Kurogane from Shiritsu Horitsuba Gakuen (more known as just Horitsuba). Seeing he's a gym teacher, it definitely fits the sports theme. :) I can make it on Sunday for sure; Saturday - depends how early I get there.

Kell-chan

Quote from: thatonepuppetpal on March 03, 2012, 03:44:50 PM

DUDE. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. I'M THINKING OF GOING AS LINCECUM OR PABLO SANDOVAL. OHMYGOD, WE NEED TO HAVE A GIANTS PICTURE TOGETHER. YESSSSSSSSSS

Dude. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS. MORE GIANTS COSPLAYERS = LOVE.

2011 meant nothing. GIANTS 2012 AND FOREVER!

But seriously, no, we need pics together. Baseball bats (both wood and aluminum) aren't allowed according to the weapons rules, but we'll have the Commissioner's Trophy instead. <3

We're a bit more active on Facebook (www.facebook.com/baconflavoredfanpage) or deviantART (http://baconflavoredcosplay.deviantart.com/), but I'll do my best to stick around on these forums. Right now we're really looking at Sunday, but we could be persuaded for Saturday if necessary. Let me know what your plans are - I'd love to get pics with another Giants cosplayer!

EDIT: Wait, didn't you post on our dA? Haha. Now you HAVE to join our shenanigans.

javits

Quote from: Dany on February 27, 2012, 09:11:57 AM
Now that we know when Masquerade is (Sunday), my husband is planning to bring Tatsuya from Touch, and if I can wing it together by then, I'll have Minami XD.

May I just say I love you guys for cosplaying from Touch? <3

CherryGeri

Will try to make it to this gathering on Sunday, since i'll be cosplaying Echizen Ryoma from Prince of Tennis for the Shounen Jump gathering (again) later that day anyway! :D
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

BSaphire

Though the list has not been updated I want all the cospeeps that are interested in participating to know it will happen. With this being an Olympic year and sports being the theme I can only imagine what changes could happen to the cospeeps... I have visions of Naruto in Spedo's swimming the Ramen Noodle race... Of course you know those Prince of Tennis cospeeps will be in top form for the tennis matches and let's not forget the boxing matches for all those Street Fighter cospeeps! Ok, well I guess I need to put my imagination to bed and just wait and see what ideas the cosplayers have come up with...
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Dany

Well, with craftmanship judging times figured out, among a few other things, at this point Darieum's Tatsuya will probably come out on Sunday instead of Saturday. I didn't get to putting together anything for Minami, sadly, so who knows, I'll probably just come and take photos of him :D

Dany

Quote from: javits on April 28, 2012, 02:37:43 PM
Quote from: Dany on February 27, 2012, 09:11:57 AM

May I just say I love you guys for cosplaying from Touch? <3

Hee~ I know he'll appreciate hearing that. :)  I'm gonna be the sad slacker, but I have reasons I swear! *eyeballs Masquerade costume*

BSaphire

The new theme for 2013 is Gothic Fairytale! I see lots of great Lolita style twisted to fairytale format ( I 'm thinking of an Alice in Wonderland Lolita myself :P ) so get creative cospeeps!

I am looking for an assistant for this gathering for either day or both. Please post if you are interested!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Angelx624

Versailles cosplays would count as gothic fairytale, yes? ^^;; And by Versailles, I do mean the Visual Kei band.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Rhoswen

will the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland count?
If so ill be going as "um". hope that may work
Stars cannot shine without Darkness.

maikiritori

@Angelx524:  Yes, Versailles will count as long as it's a little closer to stark colors. B would like to avoid the super bright colors, seeing as the theme is "Gothic Fairytale"

@Pologirl: I don't see a problem with the Tim Burton version, so long as you're not going for some of the outrageously bright costumes.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

Angelx624

Quote from: maikiritori on July 20, 2012, 12:27:37 PM
@Angelx524:  Yes, Versailles will count as long as it's a little closer to stark colors. B would like to avoid the super bright colors, seeing as the theme is "Gothic Fairytale"

@Pologirl: I don't see a problem with the Tim Burton version, so long as you're not going for some of the outrageously bright costumes.

Well, I'll be cosplaying Teru's black outfit from their song, "Philia":
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_limi4yUVkQ1qdx0m4o1_500.jpg
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Rhoswen

Quote from: maikiritori on July 20, 2012, 12:27:37 PM

yeah im trying to make it match as much as possible to the movie version
Stars cannot shine without Darkness.

Suzymofo

This is perfect for a cosplay I already have planned, the evil queen (Regina) from ABC's Once Upon a Time. Count me in for at least one gathering, not sure which day quite yet.

melon2531

So I am trying to cosplay as Alice (from the game Alice: Madness Returns) but I can't decide which outfit I want to cosplay as or if I should have just 2 different ones.
There is one where she has the top hat and rabbit ears and the one where she is in the blue dress.

But does the costume idea in general fit the theme?

FairyChrissy

I really want to cosplay for this theme because I love fairies, but I don't know any gothic fairies to be D:
Would just a general gothic fairy be acceptable? Like a halloween costume. *_*