Kyo's new anime inquiry: Chrono Crusade

Started by Kyo Sanzaki, December 19, 2003, 11:26:24 AM

Kyo Sanzaki

I just spotted this on the net recently. Has anyone caught it yet? Also, does it have ties with the Square Enix "Chrono" cannon? Curious curious curious...
You're either dead, dying, or about to die.

RyuHayabusa

I've seen some of it and yes, it's pretty good eric. and no, it has no ties to Square's Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross video games.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Kyo Sanzaki

RyuHayabusa

yeah, it's a standalone series. Newtype USA Did an article on it , I think it was september or october's issues. Caught my eye, read the article and  checked it out.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

KyraEnsui

^^ It is really a good serious. It has humor, action, supernatural, and something else. Try it out. I love the series!

mstingray

watched 4eps.  will probably stick it out till the end if it's going the same pace/story.

not bad.  the religious link is a new twist (for me anyway).  also supposedly set in the east coast during the 20's-30's (? i forget exactly)
former staffer

ChibiSerenaChan

i'm trying to dl it.. but for some reason none of the players i have won't play the file.. says something like its not supported or some other... like it plays the video but not the sound =( any suggested players?? or how am i supposed to watch it?
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Kyo Sanzaki

Most likely, you need the DivX codec to watch it. Here goes some linkage to whatcha might need:

DivX Version 5:
http://www.divx.com/divx/

:wink:

ChibiSerenaChan

but i have divx.. and it wouldn't work.. it won't play the sound.. just the video...  :(
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Kyo Sanzaki

Suspicious

Anybody seen the Chrono Trigger OAV?  It's just wrong o.o

Especially Gato... ESPECIALLY GATO O.O
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

ChibiSerenaChan

Quote from: "Kyo Sanzaki"Hrmm... maybe...

XviD
http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Hopefully :?

tried but uhh what's it supposed to do?? >O_o< is there instructions or just when you dl it and install it , it helps the players or something ehh ?? >@_@< trying to play vid but it won't work :cry:
One of the Original

mstingray

QuoteAnybody seen the Chrono Trigger OAV?

i'm pretty sure they're completely unrelated.

QuoteTried but uhh what's it supposed to do??

normally i d/l just a codec package.  which group are you d/ling the series from?  may want to check their website (if any) to see which codecs they're using.

try this codec pack:
http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

it's the only 1 i've d/ling so far and haven't run into any probs yet.  also, you may want to make sure your player is up to date (assuming you're using WMP)
former staffer

ChibiSerenaChan

uhhmm i'm downloading using bittorrent.. and the site is Lunar... err yeah

all the other video's i dl from the site workes.. but only for this specific chrno crusade... it won't work.. the others work but that doesnt.. its strange.. well i'm trying to dl it now from a different site so hopefully that works
One of the Original

mstingray

i have no probs watching the anime keep torrents ;)
former staffer

platinum edge

Serena,

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend going to //www.divx-digest.com.  Click on the software link and then on the codec link.  Look for the ffdshow package.  That's usually a good codec package (includes divx, xvid).

If it still doesn't work, then I'd say that it might be a problem with the fansub group's encode.

Oh yeah, about the Chrono Trigger OVA, it's a 30-min side story with what I believe is Spekkio and Mu.  HnK has a version of it out.  I believe you can d/l it at //animesuki.com.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

ChibiSerenaChan

Quote from: "platinum edge"Serena,

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend going to //www.divx-digest.com.  Click on the software link and then on the codec link.  Look for the ffdshow package.  That's usually a good codec package (includes divx, xvid).

If it still doesn't work, then I'd say that it might be a problem with the fansub group's encode.

Oh yeah, about the Chrono Trigger OVA, it's a 30-min side story with what I believe is Spekkio and Mu.  HnK has a version of it out.  I believe you can d/l it at //animesuki.com.

thank yooouuu!!! *glomps*

well i'll check that place out after i try out the other site's chrno crusade.. if that doesn't work then! i'll dl what you gave me >^.^<

i dl anime from different sites.. and i just found chrno crusade on another good site so yeah i'll just try it out first
One of the Original