2012 Cosplay Battle Event

Started by Eliteslayer, July 08, 2009, 02:28:55 PM

Eliteslayer

Quote from: Neo-Zaku on January 18, 2010, 07:35:07 PM
Keep in mind peasants that any unique weapons wielded by any heroes at this gathering are rightly my property and that you are all merely holding them since my Gates of Babylon seems to be having a technical error. Thus if Gilgamesh, King of Heroes, demands to make use of your weapon you shall provide it gladly.

(The above was in character humor and should not be taken seriously. Though Gilgamesh with random weapons from other series would be fun for the battle pics. :P)

If you want to use Gates of Babylon, I'll allow anyone who wants to lend their weapons for the picture. Only for those who are willing, logically. Of course, if an Archer cosplayer comes along and uses Unlimited Blade Works, the same will apply.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Neo-Zaku

In fact it would be funny to photoshop a pic of all the weapons at the gathering floating in mid air behind me while some unfortunate opponent gets "Gates of Babylowned!" (Blame the internet for the joke. :P)
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

Neo-Zaku

Let's see if we can get some matches lined up ahead of time so we can make best use of our gatehring time. So I will submit my name as an open challenger and my game taunt. (Every fighting character has one :P)

Player 1- Gilgamesh "Mongrel dog. You think you are worthy enough to face me?"
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

Eliteslayer

Don't worry, the official signups will be starting soon, and the fights will be ordered according to the signup order. First come, first serve. That way we save time on the organization and we can get those who dedicatedly follow the thread their fights earlier. Just gotta figure out how to fit this in to the gathering schedule best and I'll try to reserve the time slot and begin the signups.

Hope you can attend 'em!

khyaoiness

oh i so want to do this
i never really posed for pictures though, so that'll be a fun new experience
Kingdom Hearts is awesome
as cosplaying as it makes it even better ^^
~Fantasy is always there when reality fails you~

artisticpsyco

Any ideas on when/where this'll take place yet? c:

Eliteslayer

I'm still waiting to find out when exactly the big gatherings will be, so I can fit it into my schedule without interfering with them, plus the big event thing B posted about. As for the where, I figure outside by the fountains, like any other gathering, will probably be the best spot for it.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

Well, Saturday's a busy day for me, with the Masquerade and two gatherings(maybe three, yikes!) so I dunno, maybe it can be Sunday or Monday. xD Or Friday..... xP
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

artisticpsyco

Staurday -is- quite a busy day ^-^; But personally, I think I should be able to make this even if it is that day. Having it be on Sunday or Friday might be a good idea if a lot of people would be unable to come on Sat. c:

Eliteslayer

I've been leaning more towards sunday, anyways, so that's probably when it'll be. I know the Naruto gathering is on that day, so this will probably be set after that one.

Hope you can attend 'em!

artisticpsyco

Oh yay! ^_^ if it's before 3 on Sunday I'll be able to come as Lenali from D. Gray Man! -excited-

Angelx624

Excellent!! ^_^ I'm gonna be attending the Lolita gathering on that day. :) But I should be able to make it to this one, too. ;) Might be in my Bunny Lolita outfit, or I may change into another one of my costumes...... we shall see! ^^; Cause just bunny lolita isn't exciting enough for a cosplay battle. xP But dam, if only I was making a keyblade for Kairi. >w< I may try to make one...... :D

Ok, I think I'll do Kairi for the cosplay battle. XD Hope to make a keyblade! ^_^ And my taunt phrase will be, "I will protect Sora, no matter who stands in my way!" :3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

DerangedGenius

Do want! I just hope it doesn't conflict with any of the other shoots I'm going to. I'll try my hardest to make this one. It sounds like a lot of fun. ;D

Leslie~Leslie

wait, why am i still here and not doing homework >_>;;

Tifa from FFVII: Advent Children totally ready to kick some pink booty! 8'D

hmm...maybe is i finish my Luka Megurine cosplay I can whack people with my tuna... >_>
Oh what

Why

Why did I just do that. ono

robozombisaurus

Wow this sounds like so much fun! I'll definitely be around to watch
Pinkie pie- my little pony
Missing no. Snorlax & Sylveon- Pokemon
Lumpy space princess- Adventure time
Stocking,geek boy(gender bent)- panty and stocking

heeroyuy135

Foxberry

Not sure I'll attend, Sunday I plan on cosplaying Stein since Friday and Saturday kind of require me to cosplay from 5th Element and BRS (since I have a meet up on Friday and can't be arsed to switch out of Stein for Friday... Too hard to switch back and forth with that cosplay). That being said I may or may not attend on Sunday... I really don't know very good poses for Stein. I'll think on it though.

Angelx624

Well, I look forward to this! :3 And yes I'm gonna do Kairi for it. :3 She will make sure no one steals Sora from her. >D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Eliteslayer

Okay, I have two announcements.

First, for the time and date! How does Sunday at 2 PM sound to everyone? It's still tentative, since there are a few gatherings without an official time posted, and I may have to change it according to my schedule and everyone else's, but at the moment this seems a good time.

Secondly, now that we're getting this worked out, OFFICIAL SIGN-UPS ARE BEGINNING NOW! I'll make an official list on the first post. Signing up is not necessary to attend, but highly recommended. The order you sign up in will affect the fight order, so the sooner you sign up, the quicker you can have your battle.

Post with your name and character, and I'll add you to the list. If there are two characters from the same series in a row, then I'll have to slip in someone from another series in-between them, but if you have a friend you wish to have your cosplay battle with, please include that in your post and I'll make sure you two are matched up.

Thank you, everyone who posted, I'm glad to see so many people are looking forward to this event. So let's make it the best Cosplay Battle we can!

Hope you can attend 'em!

heeroyuy135

HeeroYuy135 - Junpei Iori (Persona 3)
BTW, thanks for hosting this!