2012 Cosplay Battle Event

Started by Eliteslayer, July 08, 2009, 02:28:55 PM

Eliteslayer

@ Hara, Hibari_Fangirl, &*rei*: Since you're all saying you might be able to come, should I put you on the sign-up list or just play it by ear? People can show up and join the battles without being signed up ahead of time and just sign up at the time of, but the sign-up list determines the orders of the battles.

@ Miko: Yikes! Poor Moogle can't get a break.

@ Sima: She got a running start and you still managed to stay standing, well done. Nice Sephiroth costume too, BTW.

I can't think of any times I've been taken by a surprise glomping offhand; the few times I have been glomped the glompers have asked first. I count myself lucky for that, but I fear that one day I shall hear the sound of running, followed by a high-pitched cry of my character's name, only to feel a sudden impact from behind and my spine snapping from the force of it.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Somebody

Quote from: Eliteslayer on May 21, 2010, 10:59:27 AM
@ Hara, Hibari_Fangirl, &*rei*: Since you're all saying you might be able to come, should I put you on the sign-up list or just play it by ear? People can show up and join the battles without being signed up ahead of time and just sign up at the time of, but the sign-up list determines the orders of the battles.

@ Miko: Yikes! Poor Moogle can't get a break.

@ Sima: She got a running start and you still managed to stay standing, well done. Nice Sephiroth costume too, BTW.

I can't think of any times I've been taken by a surprise glomping offhand; the few times I have been glomped the glompers have asked first. I count myself lucky for that, but I fear that one day I shall hear the sound of running, followed by a high-pitched cry of my character's name, only to feel a sudden impact from behind and my spine snapping from the force of it.
Feel lucky for being asked....it's so scary being a Pocky box sometimes that I often almost don't wear it. EVERYONE glomps you, and NOBODY asks. Plus they squish the box not even caring or realizing that the box is only cheap cardboard. T^T So scary...
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Neo-Zaku

Only five more days until Fanime Con! (Six if you don't count Day Zero :P) I can't wait to see you all on Sunday so that I may crush you under my boots.  ;D
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

Rebeccakh

Quote from: Neo-Zaku on May 20, 2010, 02:08:40 PM
I think not. For I have survived glomps back when the were worthy of the name. But I will accept your challenge once I have defeated whatever other paltry opponents have tried to best me.   ;D
> ^ < *wiggles paws menacingly* grawr your cheekyness makes me wanna beat you up mew! (ok out of charachter) x . x i will defeat chu overly confident man!

Somebody

Question: Since I really am still wondering if I"m going to physically be able to do this (I'm not great at holding any sort of cool fighting pose xD) if I get there early does anyone have time to explain and/or demonstrate or practice? Just a thought.
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Foxberry

Ah sorry EliteSlayer I can't stop by I have a photoshoot at 2pm, so make sure to take tons of photos so I can see~!

Crewd

I guess I will attend this

I will be in my cosplay that is most orientated for this at the time

Void Rusher (RuneScape PVP) Crewd

Watch out for my over the top weaponry

kohana ichibana

So, its the Ninja Game without actually touching the other person. :3
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Eliteslayer

@ Somebody: I plan on demonstrating how the fights go as I explain the rules at the beginning, so as long as you show up on time you'll get a chance to see what it'll look like, and have time to practice to the side until your fight's up. I'll also be there before 2:00, so I can help you out if you show up before it begins.

@ Foxberry: Bummer. Oh well, enjoy your photoshoot!

@ Crewd: Alright, I'll add you to the list.

@ kohana: I'm not familiar with the Ninja Game, but sure, why not. Light contact is allowed for the poses, just not actually striking the other guy or getting them in any sort of locks without their consent.

Hope you can attend 'em!

kohana ichibana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCxfwWADcY

This is the Ninja game, it can get aggressive but it's so much fun!!!

Eliteslayer

Ah, I see. That does look fun. I suppose they're sort of similar, with the posing and all, although the goal isn't to hit the other guy's hand, but to have awesome battle scene poses. I'll have to try the Ninja Game some time, though.

Hope you can attend 'em!

kohana ichibana

I figured and yes you must play! :3 I hear it actually started at Fanime but I'm not sure. Be careful though, the way me and my friends play it can hurt and it's usually a lot faster than that video.

Crewd

I've had some good times playing ninja

Its made some days worth remembering

DerangedGenius

If there's still room, I'd like to sign up as Alexander Anderson from Hellsing. :)

Neo-Zaku

Always room for more victims... I mean opponents.  ;)
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

unifrog

I have two Hungarys (axis powers hetalia) who would like to come!

Eliteslayer

@ DG: As Neo-Zaku said, there's always room for more entrants! I've added you to the list.

@ unifrog: Alright; I assume one of the Hungarys is you, does the other have a username, or should I just add her as "unifrog's friend?"

Hope you can attend 'em!

Rikun

Holy cow!  A cosplay battle!  I so wanna join!

Is it ok if I come in as a generic ninja?  Either that or I'll be coming straight from the Persona meet as Souji Seta, but for now just put me down as a generic ninja.

Thanks!

heeroyuy135

1. Junpei Iori (Persona 3) (HeeroYuy135)
Quote from: Eliteslayer on July 08, 2009, 02:28:55 PM
2. Gilgamesh (Fate/Stay Night) (Neo-Zaku)
3. Taiga (Toradora) (chococlatte)
4. Moogle (Final Fantasy) (MikoChika)
5. Kairi (Kingdom Hearts II) (Angelx624)
6. Taokaka (BlazBlue) (Rebeccakh)
7. ANBU member (Naruto) (TokenBlackGuy)
8. Mike Meekins (Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright) (G-Force)
9. Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach) (LightandDarkSoul)
10. Cinderella (Cinderella) (Reipoker)
11. Link in Goron  Tunic (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) (AnimefanJJ)
12. Jasmine (Aladdin) (AdoraB)
13. Princess Kairi (KH) (aramea)
14. Bianchi or Erika (Hitman Reborn or Durarara!!) (Sunara Ishi)
15. China (Axis Powers Hetalia) (Somebody)
16. Altair (AC1) (lycan510)
17. Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon) Or Kasumi (Dead or Alive) (MissPanda)
18. Sergei Dragunov (Tekken 6) (SimaSeph)
19. Void Rusher (RuneScape PVP) (Crewd)
20. Alexander Anderson (Hellsing) (DerangedGenius)
21. Hungary (Hetalia Axis Powers) (unifrog)
22. Generic Ninja (Rikun)
So many people to pick from...

unifrog

Quote from: Eliteslayer on May 25, 2010, 09:23:01 PM
@ DG: As Neo-Zaku said, there's always room for more entrants! I've added you to the list.

@ unifrog: Alright; I assume one of the Hungarys is you, does the other have a username, or should I just add her as "unifrog's friend?"
I'm actually not one of the Hungarys. They don't have usernames on here....