2012 Cosplay Battle Event

Started by Eliteslayer, July 08, 2009, 02:28:55 PM

Eliteslayer

Okay, we've got to get a time decided on soon, so I'm thinking Saturday and Sunday at 3:30. Does this work for everyone, or is there another time that would be better? Let me know as soon as possible whether or not it works.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Rebeccakh

Quote from: Eliteslayer on January 17, 2011, 06:58:16 PM
Okay, we've got to get a time decided on soon, so I'm thinking Saturday and Sunday at 3:30. Does this work for everyone, or is there another time that would be better? Let me know as soon as possible whether or not it works.
those two times are perfect! (one day in one costume and one in the other) that way theres plenty of time til the special events at night too and the gatherings are usually round 12 (or w/e i dont know XD)

_plus plus my bf (hee hee! e w e) will be balthier from ff12 and kite from .//hack so im forcing him to do this too >3~ (i shall beat him with a sexy beam!)
and background music would be epic get a smattering, once you figure out what everyones dressing as, of epic songs from some of the more well known anime or games or whatnot that people are dressing as in the lineup : D

Necara

fff this sounds so cute!
I hope you don't make it during one of my gathering times though >n<

Eliteslayer

Well, I'm waiting for more gatherings to get their times posted so we can find one that won't clash with too many, and since it'll be on two days, even if you can't make it to one, odds are the next day will be better.

Hope you can attend 'em!

BSaphire

Quote from: Eliteslayer on January 17, 2011, 06:58:16 PM
This sounds like a great time (looking at the list right now) and I would really like to get this event listed. I hope you plan to run this for 1 hr each day. I see that a few people may have to be in either the first 1/2 hour or the second 1/2 hour, but it should accommodate people pretty well.

Will this still be located at FHS? PM me parts 1 & 2 and let's get you posted :) I can't wait to see this and hopefully take photos!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

joshmisses

Hey elite, my name is Sam and I am running the social gaming section of Fanime. It sounds like this would fit into my type of games. If your looking for a space and do not have one, I can put that into our schedule. It sounds like there is alot of buzz about this game. Hit me up when you get the chance.

Sam, Head of Social Gaming 

BSaphire

I've got you down for both days :) *So excited!* Saw the photos from last year and they were AWESOME!
@ Eliteslayer: Now I plan on participating this year (to much going on last year) and I would have to say Saturday will be the best day for me to participate. I should still be in Quistis from FFVIII (pending I get her done in time :) Sunday I'm a maybe since I will be in Kuronue from YYH and still at the Jump gathering, but if your still going (and I get my wings off *LOL) I will come over for that day too. btw.. no bamboo attacks on Kuronue, I'm still picking the splinters out from when Youko and I "borrowed" that mirror and we got attacked... some friend... damn demon left me there bleeding from the bamboo stakes... *LOL XD
Oh, but I did find my pendant :)
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

@ Sam: I think we're good space-wise, since it's just been signed up as an event, but thanks nonetheless. If you'd like to include this on the social gaming schedule as well as the cosplay event schedule, though, that would be great, as any extra press we can get for this event is always appreciated.

@ B: Excellent! Looks like it might clash with the latter half of the Jump gathering, but I'll still be able to make it to that for the first half.

Hope you can attend 'em!

joshmisses

not a problem, just let me know the place your holding in and it looks like time and dates were set early. hit me back with that and i will get you some PR.

Eliteslayer

Quote from: joshmisses on February 10, 2011, 06:26:53 AM
not a problem, just let me know the place your holding in and it looks like time and dates were set early. hit me back with that and i will get you some PR.

We'll be holding it at FHS, the area right around the corner from the fountains out front Hilton side. And thanks!

Hope you can attend 'em!

Eliteslayer

Okay, I think we're close enough to Fanime to begin the sign-ups for the battles! When you sign up, just post the day you'll be joining, or both, of course, and who you'll be cosplaying as for the battles.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Kazansky

Signing up for saturday as Kaito (Secret Police).

You gon get night sticked :3

Foxberry

Count Jon and I in on Saturday. (Unless the pokemon meetup is at the same time for some reason, I haven't been active on the forums lately)
I'm most likely going to be Shiny!Arceus and Jon's I'm assuming will be Duskull.

Angelx624

Sign me up as Grell Sutcliff~!! ;D

EDIT: As for what day, not sure~ ^^;; Saturday and Sunday are both kinda busy days for me, but I shall see what day I'm free at 3:30~! :P
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Eliteslayer

You've all been added! Angelx624, I've put you down under Saturday for now, but if you decide that Sunday's a better day, I can switch you to then.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Hodge Bodge

Sounds like fun. I'd like to be a part of this. If possible can I be put down for Saturday, I'll most likely be coming in my Bass Armstrong (Dead or Alive franchise) cosplay. 8)
100% glomp friendly, Bring on the pain!  :X

Eliteslayer

Not a problem, you've been added. This makes you the first character from a fighting game so far, amusingly enough, unless you count Pokemon battles.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Hodge Bodge

Quote from: Eliteslayer on March 17, 2011, 12:23:39 PM
Not a problem, you've been added. This makes you the first character from a fighting game so far, amusingly enough, unless you count Pokemon battles.

Thank you!
Yeah, a lot of the people I've talked to that go as fighting game/general fighting characters seem to want to stick with their genres and gatherings... I'm willing to branch out, I'll do a pose down with a Loli Maid if I have to. ;)
I had a pose fight with a freakin Chocobo last year, so this should be fun too.
Thanks again and see ya Saturday!
100% glomp friendly, Bring on the pain!  :X

Kites-kun

I will sign up as Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist

obliviousedward

Quote from: Hodge Bodge on March 17, 2011, 02:22:31 PM
I had a pose fight with a freakin Chocobo last year, so this should be fun too.

You made fried chicken out of me! ;3
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!