2012 Cosplay Battle Event

Started by Eliteslayer, July 08, 2009, 02:28:55 PM

Chen-Yakumo

Quote from: Eliteslayer on March 27, 2010, 09:58:30 AM
Okay, I have two announcements.

First, for the time and date! How does Sunday at 2 PM sound to everyone? It's still tentative, since there are a few gatherings without an official time posted, and I may have to change it according to my schedule and everyone else's, but at the moment this seems a good time.

Secondly, now that we're getting this worked out, OFFICIAL SIGN-UPS ARE BEGINNING NOW! I'll make an official list on the first post. Signing up is not necessary to attend, but highly recommended. The order you sign up in will affect the fight order, so the sooner you sign up, the quicker you can have your battle.

Post with your name and character, and I'll add you to the list. If there are two characters from the same series in a row, then I'll have to slip in someone from another series in-between them, but if you have a friend you wish to have your cosplay battle with, please include that in your post and I'll make sure you two are matched up.

Thank you, everyone who posted, I'm glad to see so many people are looking forward to this event. So let's make it the best Cosplay Battle we can!

Sunday at 2 won't work for me, I have a TouHou gathering at that time.
Cosplays planned for Fanime: Kinoshita Hideyoshi, Chen, to be decided.

TwistedFayt

Since I have a few gatherings to go to on Sunday, I'll have to attend on Saturday.
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
The Bride class - Fire Emblem Awakening
Morgan - Fire Emblem Awakening
A full fursuit of my fursona Fayt
A full fursuit of my other character Shyla

Chen-Yakumo

Sign me up for Saturday as Hideyoshi Kinoshita (official trap version- female uniform)! *have to be careful of the skirt*
Cosplays planned for Fanime: Kinoshita Hideyoshi, Chen, to be decided.

ewu

Quote from: TwistedFayt on April 24, 2011, 05:45:50 PM
Since I have a few gatherings to go to on Sunday, I'll have to attend on Saturday.

Sorry I don't mod that section. You have to talk to the mods of that section to get it moved.

Thanks
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Eliteslayer

Quote from: Chen-Yakumo on April 24, 2011, 05:41:56 PM

That post was actually from last year; this year it's Saturday at 3 and Sunday at 3:30. I'll still put you down for Saturday.

Fayt: Alright, I'll add you for Saturday. Do you know who you'll be cosplaying as for this?
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

TwistedFayt

Quote from: Eliteslayer on April 24, 2011, 08:24:57 PM
Quote from: Chen-Yakumo on April 24, 2011, 05:41:56 PM

That post was actually from last year; this year it's Saturday at 3 and Sunday at 3:30. I'll still put you down for Saturday.

Fayt: Alright, I'll add you for Saturday. Do you know who you'll be cosplaying as for this?

On that day I'll most likely be Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji.
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
The Bride class - Fire Emblem Awakening
Morgan - Fire Emblem Awakening
A full fursuit of my fursona Fayt
A full fursuit of my other character Shyla

Foxberry

Forgot to say here that I had to chance Arceus to Joltik because of financial issues. ;) Maybe next year for the God of pokemon world.

artisticpsyco

I can't make it Saturday, but I'll definitely try to make it Sunday in whatever I happen to be wearing at the time! xD (still sorting out my schedule so not sure what it'll be yet)

Eliteslayer

List updated! We've got a pretty decent turnout signed up so far, and we'll most likely pick up plenty more at the convention. Don't forget, the Saturday time has been changed to 3:00, while Sunday is still at 3:30. I look forward to seeing you all there!

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

Ya, I'll just go Sunday~ XD I'll need to be in line for the concert Saturday~ ;A;

Though, I'll have to do my "battle" right at 3:30, cause the Kuro gathering is during that hour, so I'll be running back and forth~ D:
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Rebeccakh

ill be going saturday and sunday X3 its in the exact same area as last year yes?
for saturday i will most likely be fran from ff12 and my bf will be balthier from same game (or ill come as lulu from ffx if i get some time to change)
and sunday ill be ouka from .//hack legend of the twilight and he'll be kite :3~
> v < so sign us uuuuuuuuuuup!

Rebeccakh

Quote from: Chen-Yakumo on April 24, 2011, 05:33:40 PM
Quote from: Rebeccakh on May 18, 2010, 01:45:42 PM
D: i think i convinced one of my friends to come so she can do my taokaka grab pose with me > u < i have to wrap my arms around her then in the next picture she'll pretend she was thrown on the ground from me flipping her backwards D: but i wont actually flip her is just..yeah it'll make more sense when you see it  x . x id be too scared to do that with anyone else though hugging them like that

If you end up challenging me, it'll be fine. Oh, wait, I'm going to be wearing a mini skirt... bad idea.
~ w ~ nehehehe no worries >:V fluffy karate choppin of doom woopah! (T////T my sunday cosplay is too fluffy to describe so you may snuggle instead of gettin flipped)

Kazansky

Actually, I've changed plans and since there are already a lot of pokemon I'll most like be Bulbasaur for this :3 Sorry for the inconvenience .

koolcalcat1

Could you sign me up for Saturday!

My cosplay is a secret though k'

Eliteslayer

Hope you can attend 'em!

koolcalcat1

Eliteslayer

Y'know the spot out front where the gatherings usually meet? Go around the corner from the Hilton side and you'll see an opening past the trees. That's where it'll be.

Hope you can attend 'em!

khyaoiness

Sign me up as Taokaka from Blazblue for Saturday
Kingdom Hearts is awesome
as cosplaying as it makes it even better ^^
~Fantasy is always there when reality fails you~

Hodge Bodge

I am so ready for this. Is it cool if I come Sunday too? If not i understand.
BATTLE!!!
100% glomp friendly, Bring on the pain!  :X

Minaoto

I'm interested in participating as Fem!Monkey D. Luffy on Sunday. :D