2012 Cosplay Battle Event

Started by Eliteslayer, July 08, 2009, 02:28:55 PM

zeroelement

Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

bochero

This was pretty fun last year, sign me up as Shizuo for Saturday  :)

Eliteslayer

Alright, the list has been updated! Since I'm leaving tomorrow for Day 0, I don't know if I'll be able to update it afterwards, but people can still show up at-con. It's gonna be awesome!
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Eliteslayer

Thank you, everyone who attended! I hope you enjoyed the event, and I'm sorry that not all of you could make it. In spite of the usual difficulty of finding the location, the event went very well, and I had a blast. I can't wait to see the pictures people managed to take!

Hope you can attend 'em!

Minaoto

I actually came as that FEM!Simon who stabbed Germany with her bro's GARglasses.

ANYWAY,I had a blast as well! Definitely going to participate next year. ;D

zeroelement

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150210286543599.332900.562828598
(hope that link works) first set of the battle is at the bottom of the album.
Tag or add its ok. (second set is on 2nd album uploading now)

Angelx624

I had a great time~! Sorry I couldn't stay on Sunday after doing my battle, I had to hurry back to the Kuro gathering~ 8D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

koolcalcat1

Can we post those images on our facebooks?

zeroelement

Quote from: koolcalcat1 on May 30, 2011, 08:37:49 PM
Can we post those images on our facebooks?
I don't see why not. If someone ask you to take it down it would be smart to but otherwise Facebook is fine for this sorta thing.

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 30, 2011, 08:35:46 PM
I had a great time~! Sorry I couldn't stay on Sunday after doing my battle, I had to hurry back to the Kuro gathering~ 8D

Were you the Grell I battled on Sunday? I think it was the first match (I was from Tron Legacy) which ended in a draw. Although, you should have declared the victor.

Yuu

I was the Kanda who randomly showed up - and was invited to play Saterday, thank you.

I'd love to have the pictures ( even though I;ll just hate them because I's so self-conscious that I ownder why I even cosplay) but I don;t have face book nor any inclination of getting. EVER. No,dammit.

Could you post them somewhere else?
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Musicalpencil

I'm so glad I was able to make the Sunday one, even though I was late from not being able to find the location. ^^; It was so fun.

I didn't take a lot of pictures, but I did get ones of Vegeta vs. Wolverine, Monarch Henchman vs. Moogle, and Snow Villiers vs. Red Riding Hood.

Eliteslayer

Glad everyone had a good time! Next year I'll try to set us in a location that's easier to find, or at least walk around with a sign and megaphone before the event starts. Do you guys want to do this two days again, or go back to one day?

@AbsolutelyCursed: I know, normally one competitor goes down, or we decide by applause, but there was some confusion with the applause that time, so I had to call it a draw. Sorry about that. Still was a very cool battle, though.

Hope you can attend 'em!

RyuSan777

i say keep to two days again and from here on out its fun doing it that way. also gives people who missed it and or wanted to fight as a diffrent character. Btw does anyone have shots of me fighting as Minato (Persona 3) vs Ash (Poke'mon) on Fight Day 1 or all the Keitaro (Love Hina) Fights on Fight Day 2?

BTW Robbie thanks for hosting this again had a great time
AND
If you Ever Need the GatheringPhone (Megaphone) just leme know, Whats mine is yours-Yours is mine! =]
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

Angelx624

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on May 31, 2011, 05:54:45 PM
Quote from: Angelx624 on May 30, 2011, 08:35:46 PM

Were you the Grell I battled on Sunday? I think it was the first match (I was from Tron Legacy) which ended in a draw. Although, you should have declared the victor.
Yes, I was~!! 8DD And daw, I would've, but then they said it was a draw~ ^^;; Perhaps next year I'll be victorious(though I might be going as a different character for it next year~ XD)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

sugarpunch18

If anyone took pictures of the cosplay battles, could you please post a link to them? I'd really like to see them! I was Kagura from Gintama by the way! ;D
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
~Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
~Bloody!Kevin (Welcome to Night Vale)
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)

Hodge Bodge

I had a great time! even though i did get beat by a turtle... *pout*

I look forward to next year
100% glomp friendly, Bring on the pain!  :X

Eliteslayer

I've updated the thread for 2012! As always, we'll begin sign-ups once Fanime 2012 comes closer so we can pick a good time for everyone, but if you're interested, then post away! Thanks again, everyone who came this year, I'll keep an eye out for photos.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Salty Pearl

Very interested.

Regretfully, I wasn't able to participate previously, but I'm
determined to make time for this in 2012.

Angelx624

Of course, I'm interested, again~ 8DD Might do Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing for it next year~ ;D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka